Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rafael Cervera

Flightsim 2004 and dual monitor

Guest SlimDady

Alright im running a radeon 9800xt, ive got one monitor hooked into the vga the other into the dviHow would I go about displaying panels on one monitor and the window view fullscreen on the other.also if i can i would like to keep them running in fullscreen mode

I have moved sub panels to a second monitor with no problem using a Radeon 9800 (non pro) and I don't think it would be a problem to move the main panel if thats what you're asking. I found that you must go to windowed mode, undock the panel or panels, drag them over to the second monitor then you can switch back to full screen. (They move when you switch back to full screen.) After going back to full screen, position the panels on the second monitor.

Guest daveg4otu

Right click the selected panel then drag to the second monitor.You may have to go to windowed mode to do this then revert to full screen on the main monitor.Dave

Slimdady,Can I, for the third time, draw your attention to your inaccurate and uncalled for post on another thread which I have now asked you several times to put right, but you seem to be very content to not do so.I have e-mailed you about it as well, but you have ignored this. Please put things right and withdraw the unfounded things you posted.Thank You,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest SlimDady

Umm ok?? i see you are tracking me down.. this is the first ive seen of you wanting me to reply back, my email has changed, so you trying to contact me by email wont work.U sure took offence to an idle remark, mostly i was ###### cauz I had almost missed my chance to upgrade, thats what that was about, I contacted you and almost right away i got the update. thanks for that.I have read your reply to my post. Some things were cleared up. I also understand that you have been working almost non stop during that update time and many people have updated, but I still feel 2 weeks was a little short. Like i said someone could be on vacation or a buisness trip, and come back and have totally missed it.

Slimdady,The point is WE made every effort to contact you. You didn't have to do anything except click on a link. If you were away and wrote to us explaining that we would not have turned you down, and indeed we are still trying contact other people who haven't logged in with us. You have the update now and it is - I say again - a free and almost new aircraft.We cannot indefinitely host files which are subject to rife piracy so you had no idea of the implications of extending the update to meet your own concept of reasonable time. Since it is a free gift you are not in a position to dictate to me when and how we should deliver it."U sure took offence to an idle remark, mostly i was ###### cauz I had almost missed my chance to upgrade, thats what that was about, I contacted you and almost right away i got the update. thanks for that."That is precisely why I think you owe me an apology. I suggest you are much more careful in future about making idle public remarks which made a totally untrue allegation ie: that we were attempting to make money out of you, despite having actually given away every update, and to this day we have made not one penny from update customers, but have actually spent a great deal in setting up what was a massive free distribution.And having got the update yourself not bothering to retract your "idle" but outrageous assertion is beyond the pale. You owe us a PUBLIC apology with the same prominence as your original and silly remark appeared. I'm not going to let this one go and unless you fully retract what you said I will have no alternative but to contact the moderator. Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi, Rob.You may be best off to take this in private. This does not look like it benefits any of the AVSIM users / readers. TV

Guest Rafael Cervera

Back on topic:Go to outside track view; use your combination shift + number to bring up any desired (even main) panel, and drag to desired monitor. Then make main monitor full screen!TIP> in screen options, you can set resolution for both monitors separately :)

Guest wwsensei

It isn't necessary to go to window mode to drag panels to a second monitor. I have a 9700 Pro and often move my radio panel and GPS to my seocnd monitor on the DVI port.I do shift-2 to bring up the radio panel and drag it to the right hand side of monitor 1. I turn it off and back on by toggling shift-2. Voila, it appears on the second monitor and I drag it into place. Repeat the process for the other panels as desired.

Guest Dennis_F4i

Sorry Rob, but I agree with TV; it's better to keep your laundry private regardless of who is right.

Guest SlimDady

Thanks for the tip.. thius is a much quicker way to do it.

That's strange. On my main monitor when I right click on the sub panel the "undock panel" is grayed out. If I try to move the panel to the second moniter by just left clicking and moving it just won't go. I'd rather drag in full screen because the panels on the second monitor move when I go back to full screen.Any suggestions?