Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

FSX Pushback Steering

Hi all,New to the forum here, just a question about Pushback steering....I cannot for the life of me get the steering to work in pushback, I hit SHIFT+P to start the pushback then straight after I hit the number 1 above the q key, doesnt do anything, do I need to have the engines off for the steering to work?Many thanks allRegardsMat

it should be 1 for turning left and 2 for turning right. Make sure you press one of these keys AFTER you start to pushback.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

New to the forum here, just a question about Pushback steering....I cannot for the life of me get the steering to work in pushback, I hit SHIFT+P to start the pushback then straight after I hit the number 1 above the q key, doesnt do anything
Does it do this with default aircraft? If so there's something wrong.However, many add-on aircraft have panels which continually send controls to FS. When these come between the Shift+P and the 1 or 2 they defeat the latter. FS is no longer able to associate the 1 and 2 with the pushback because other functions intervened.There are facilities in FSUIPC to fix that. But it has to be registered.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Does it do this with default aircraft? If so there's something wrong.However, many add-on aircraft have panels which continually send controls to FS. When these come between the Shift+P and the 1 or 2 they defeat the latter. FS is no longer able to associate the 1 and 2 with the pushback because other functions intervened.There are facilities in FSUIPC to fix that. But it has to be registered.RegardsPete
Thanks Pete,can the default 1 and 2 ketys be remapped, if so what are the key descriptions, or is the best thing to get a registred version of FSUIPC Pete, your thoughts??Cheers

Make sure you give the plane a minute or so of straight time before the turn starts. I think that is the case will every one of them. Maybe 30 - 50 feet straight back before any turning.It sounds like you are hitting the keystrokes correctly. Make sure the parking brake is off, then SHIFT + P then 1 or 2. I have always used the numbers across the top of the keyboard. Bet you are just not holding your mouth right. Try it again and be patient.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Make sure you give the plane a minute or so of straight time before the turn starts. I think that is the case will every one of them. Maybe 30 - 50 feet straight back before any turning.It sounds like you are hitting the keystrokes correctly. Make sure the parking brake is off, then SHIFT + P then 1 or 2. I have always used the numbers across the top of the keyboard. Bet you are just not holding your mouth right. Try it again and be patient.Ray
Many thanks for that, can you remap these keys?And example when I am at TNCM and the first three jetways are used and I have to squeeze into the last one on the right I would not have 50 feet without coming too close to the buildings behind say with a 777. I need to make the turn using 1 pretty much after the pushback begins, just wondering in an instance like this.is there any addons which make steering more functionable at all?Many thanks anyone....

can the default 1 and 2 ketys be remapped, if so what are the key descriptions
They are simply "Select 1" and "Select 2", and that's what they send. Re-mapping does no good because they would have to be mapped to the same controls. The problem is that the 4 Selects (1 - 4) only have meaning with the previous control -- Shift+P for Pushback, Shift+E for Exits, E for Engines, and if the previous control isn't one they apply to, they do nothing. The FSUIPC facility gets around that by reinstating the flag for the control in FS's innards.It can be useful even for default aircraft which don't keep sending controls which interfere. For instance you can start pushback, then use View controls to look to see where you've got to then press 1 or 2 to commence the turn. This is in fact why I implemented it in the first place.Note also that even when it is going to do the turn, it continues directly backwards for the length of the aircraft. Allow for that in your timing.
is there any addons which make steering more functionable at all?
For pushback you mean? Aerosoft's AES provides a proper pushback for the airports it supports, and it often knows the correct direction and where the taxi lines are.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Many thanks for that, can you remap these keys?is there any addons which make steering more functionable at all?Many thanks anyone....
Actually there are several nice free ones. Just search for the free files. I have used two different ones that that was panel mounted (2d) and was very easy to use - you basically dial up the distance and direction of pushaback, release the brake and watch. I remember a couple that came with some 737 PIC panel modifcation files. Might have been FS9 stuff that had been updated for fsx.Ray

I use this groundhandling gauge,it has automated pushback with conversation sounds, a Taxispeed controller, by Rob Barendregt. Its in the AVSIM Libary.rcbgh-50.zip

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

are you hitting 1 after releasing shift+P? cause you need to continue holding all 3 keys down but press them in order:Shift + P + 1 (left) orShift + P + 2 (right)Gotta hit the 1/2 while the Shift+P are still held down.

Awesome folks.....finally got it working, thanks again for everyones input, with regards Mat

Awesome folks.....finally got it working, thanks again for everyones input, with regards Mat
Avsim strikes again. Good to hear you can back up now. :( Tell us how you got it going, or did you use the add-on freeware?Ray

are you hitting 1 after releasing shift+P? cause you need to continue holding all 3 keys down but press them in order:Shift + P + 1 (left) orShift + P + 2 (right)Gotta hit the 1/2 while the Shift+P are still held down.
Nope, just press the 1 or 2 within a second or so after Shift+P, there is a time limit.

Jay