Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

GPS----CRASH TO DESKTOP

Guest nalpt

Hi,I'm also getting this error. Any luck solving this issue?

Guest schofi

Hi - I used get this problem regularly.Tracked it down to either duplicate AFDADs, or duplicate sceneries in the area the GPS was mapping.Could have been duplicate FSE entries also, but that usually results in a hard crash that needs a reboot.I'm talking about duplicate scenery file names, in different folders, or duplicate sceneries with different filenames in the same folder.You might have to disable all or some add-on sceneries until you isolate the culprit.There is a program released recently (freeware) that will scan AFCADS to find duplicates.Brian

Guest nalpt

Update:I've narrowed down the issue a bit, now with also the ntdll error. These errors occur when I use the PAD Twotter at Seychelles Int, and the great scenery by Colin Penney. And their triggered by opening/using the GPS, although a new one occurresd, without the GPS. His scenery requires VOD, Airport and Nova textures, as well as Gerrish's trees. I might have installed some of the textures incorrectly, so I'm going to reinstall the scenery and see what happens.Anyway, I don't know if there are any issues between those add-on textures (VOD, Airport, and Nova)and FS2004.Nuno

Yes, duplicate or faulty AFCADs can be an issue. I'm also finding that some add on mesh sceneries might be causing some shut downs. I use the "German" fix, so I've had less CTDs of late. However, April is here and it's "spring" in FS9, so be wary.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest nalpt

I suspect my ctd is due to the seasonal issue, as the Seychelles scenery has mesh and landclasse files. I'm going to try the german fix.Nuno

Guest CargoMun

I used to get the GPS CTD whenever I had the line "Panel as texture=1" in the FS9.cfg (or the display.cfg under my card listing).Maybe an idea to try and comment it out with the // sign and try how it goes if this line is present.

Guest CapnCol

I also get this type of crash, as well as a crash if I change the weather settings more than once on any flight. I used to think it was just my own scenery, but I get it anywhere and at the moment the only addon scenery I have is my own. I don't know of an answer to this but I get sudden CTD's at seasnal changes (even with the recognised fix) but the GPS and weather problem happens anywhere, anytime.Would love to get to the bottom of this because if it is my scenery then I would like to fix it.Colin

Guest japangg

Hi all,I installed the Joachim patch, and tried to fly again. I restarted/resume a flight where near the approximate location where the CTD usually appears. Several minutes later into the flight I encountered the CTD in the approximate similar location. Does this indicate that the patch by Joachim does not work 100%, or should I tried to start a fresh flight (not resuming a saved flight)?Look forward the reply.Regards,japangg

Guest CapnCol

I use autosave and when I get a CTD I go back to the last flight. Sometimes the flight continues without a hitch, others it make take 2 or 3 more goes to get through the problem area, but it always does eventually.I'm no genius on computers but unless there is some form of error reporting procedure, there is no real way of knowing what is causing this problem. By the way, sometimes when ATC pipe up I get a CTD so there is something odd somewhere.Colin

Guest nalpt

First, let me say that the german fix has had no effect on this problem, on my rig at least.Second, I have yet to try all the tips on this thread, so I'm going to do that now.Last but not least, great Seychelles scenery Colin! Congrats.NunoEdit: I don't think its an issue with Colins Scenery, since it happened when I unchecked it in the scenery library.The error is now "spreading" to several dll's (facilities.dll, panels.dll, etc.), but so far, only experienced this at Seychelles Intn Airport. Flew Yesterday in Toronto with toronto 2 scenery, no problems at all; have the Realazores scenery; no probs at all. default LA area and SF area flights, including carrier "crash": and no CTDS.I have been flying with the days date, only changing the hour to daytime and using the Air Seychelles Twotter (I've flown aroiund Seattle with out any CTDs and have also had CTD in Seychelles with default Baron 58).Can anyone else reproduce the CTD att Seychelles int?

Guest CapnCol

I suspect it may have something to do with the weather settings (at least on my computer). I mostly use the sims weather themes and don't have any problems. If I create my own weather I notice 2 distinct things.1. There is a clear visibility layer up to approx 100 ft above ground level. This look awful when the visibility is low.2. If I go back and change the weather manually again I will get a crash, either a terrain.dll or a CTD a short time later (this is guaranteed).All of the ctd's I get around the Seychelles happen about 70nm out when heading towards the Islands, so perhaps it could also be connected with the timezone issue as there do seem to be some "time lines" in this region. I will try out the fix shown in the library for this and see if this has an effect.Colin

Guest nalpt

ColinI have been getting the CTD at Seychelles Int, either taxiing to the runway, in panel view, after opening the gps screen or and even without using the gps. Sometimes I manage to take -off and as I turn twoard Praslin... ctd.As for the weather, I haven't fiddled with it. I'm just using the fair weather theme.I haven't tried the time zone fix yet, so that might have something to do with it.

Guest CapnCol

Have you got any other addons of this area? ie a separate mesh file? Also, have you installed it as in my readme file? I cannot understand how you could have so many CTD's here, something must be wrong somewhere.If you could give me a few more details I will see if I can fathom this out.email me on colin@whiskeyalpha.fsnet.co.uk Colin