Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dennis_F4i

FlightsimFS9 and CPU temp?

Has anyone every checked the effects of using FS9 in relation to the CPU temps. This is quite interesting. Here is my specs.P4C800-E dxintel 3.0ghzATI 9800 npKingston HyperX PC3500/256 two sticksI use the ASUS probe to monitor temps with the following results.Normal operating temp without runing FS9:CPU 98 deg F steadyMB: 85 deg F steadyRunning FS9:CPU 118 deg FMB 90 deg FLet me know what your system is doing? Looks like FS9 cooks.Thanks

Those temps are fine. You'll see the same thing with any application that pushes the CPU to 100% utilization. Most P4's will show an increase of 7-10C at full utilization. With FS9 my old P4 2.2 Northwood OC'd to 2.5 is running 41 at idle and 51 at 100% with the v-core at 1.55.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest shanwick

>>You'll see the same thing with any application that pushes the CPU to 100% utilization<

Guest SoarPics

"Hm .... I'm running an Intel P4 3.2Mhz processor and Intel mobo and I'm only using 52% of the CPU power whilst in FS2004."Sounds like you have HyperThreading enabled. Not always a good thing with FS9 (depends on the system).The temps for my AMD 3000+ Barton 400 Mhz running at PR3400 are 32C idle and 46-48C while flying in FS9. Ambient room temp is 68F. Thermalright SLK-947U w/ 92mm fan and AS Ceramique.

Guest daveg4otu

Here CPU at idle is 39-41C.Under heavy load(FS9/AOL/SB/AVC/Servinfo all running ... 46-49CSystem 27C idle 29C heavy loadAmbient room temp average 25CMonitored using MBM5DaveSYSTEM INFOAMD Athlon 2000XP (@133/133)ECS K7S5A Mobo 3.1 :04/29/02 Rev BiosSiS 735 Chipset Rev 12 x 256mb DDR RAMGeforce4 Ti-4200-8x 128mb DDR AGPAGP 1.17 WHQL . 5216 Detonator XP Drivers2 x Maxtor 40GB HDD (7200rpm)LG 8x4x32 CDRWLG 52x CDRDirect X 9.0 Windows ME/ Windows XP dual bootBIOS Settings- DRAM Timing Ultra. CAS Latency 3T,RAS ACtive 6T,RAS Precharge 3TL1 Cache Enabled.L2 Cache Enabled.Sys BIOS Cache Disabled.DRAM Drive Slew Rating - Fast

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Has anyone every checked the effects of using FS9 in relation>to the CPU temps. This is quite interesting. Here is my>specs.>>P4C800-E dx>intel 3.0ghz>ATI 9800 np>Kingston HyperX PC3500/256 two sticks>>Normal operating temp without runing FS9:>CPU 98 deg F steady>MB: 85 deg F steady>>Running FS9:>CPU 118 deg F>MB 90 deg F>>Let me know what your system is doing? Looks like FS9 cooks. I see 25 C CPU HS temp on my new P4 (hyperthreaded) 2.6 GHz (clocked at 110%) system when idling. Maybe 5 F above room temperature. That increases to 40 or 41 C when FS or some other NPX intensive app has been running a while. 512 MB DDR ram at 800 MHz * 110%. The temperature controlled case fan has never turned on (unless I force it). 40C = 104 F -- just warm to the touch. 50 C = 122 F -- highest temp your finger can stand 65C or higher -- Intel spec on case temp limitRAF

OK, don't flame the moron here becuase of a stupid question about CPU usage, but I need to know how to lower my CPU usage below %100 when not running FS9. I'm sure I saw a post on this a while back under FS2002.I've got Dell 4550 2.53Mhz 512 Mb Ram and 30G HD running XP Home.I also really need advice on upgrading this machine's CPU and can't get anyone to help. Any takers?Thanks, from the Moron

Guest SlimDady

Here are my specsAMD XP2500+ @ 3200+ 2.2ghz(200mhz fsb)1024mb Corsair 3200DDR Low Latency Platinum Heat spreadersAti Radeon 9800xtidle tems i see about 20C for mother board and 34-36C for cpuunder load say in flightsim the mobo goes to 22C and the cpu 39-41 at the mostAnd this is with a pretty heavy overclock too, I love AMD:)

>OK, don't flame the moron here becuase of a stupid question>about CPU usage, but I need to know how to lower my CPU usage>below %100 when not running FS9. I'm sure I saw a post on>this a while back under FS2002.>>I've got Dell 4550 2.53Mhz 512 Mb Ram and 30G HD running XP>Home.>I also really need advice on upgrading this machine's CPU and>can't get anyone to help. Any takers?>>Thanks, from the MoronIf your CPU is at 100% when nothing else should be running You may have picked up something from the Internet. This could be a virus, Trojan Horse, Data-mining software or an application that got installed without you knowing it that's running. You should follow these steps. 1. First check for viruses. With an up to date virus scanner.2. Check for Data Mining software! If you don't have it already go to www.lavasoftusa.com and get the program AD-AWARE (It's free) This will scan your system for Data-mining software on your system. These are background applications installed on your system without your knowledge, usually from visiting web pages with scripting languages. like JAVA. They won't generally hurt your system, there purpose is to target advertisements to you (Pop-ups), but they can and do affect your performance. One of the more common apps like this is called GATOR. Ad-aware seeks these out and will eliminate them. At the end of the scan it will display a list of what it found and ask you which ones you want it to get rid of. Check this carefully, it's not perfect. Sometimes it can mistake files that are legitimate so you wouldn't want it to delete those. If this happens though, you can recover as it quarantines the files prior to deleting them. Generally you will see Cookies and some apps.3. Check your startup in your start menu for apps that shouldn't be there. Sometimes apps installed are started up from here on boot. You can go deeper and use the startup menu in MSCONFIG to identify apps that shouldn't be running, but be careful here as system apps and device apps which need to run is also listed here.4. Check your add-or-remove-programs in your control panels for installed apps you know nothing about. You can remove them here. Be careful there not for one of your devices, like your graphic or sound card, or some other system folder. If your not sure leave it alone. You can then search for it on your disk. If it's found in your program-files folder under a 3rd party you never heard of or one that's not supposed to be on your system. it is probably safe to remove it. Your on your own here!To protect yourself in the future. There is no guarantee here it won't happen again but things you can do here are.1. Run your up to date virus scan software regularly (Atleast once a week)2. If you don't have one already get yourself a firewall program. Norton has one, (Payware) and you can get a good free one called Zone Alarm. at www.zonelabs.com. They also offer payware version called Zone Alarm Pro, which adds extra protection, like for email.3. Scan your system for Data-miners using AD-AWARE (From above). Hope this helps

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

tf51d Thanks for the time consuming post. I'm going to do all of those things right now. Man, that post must have taken you 15 minutes!!!Cheers!:-wave

Guest Dennis_F4i

For reference:P4P800 DeluxeP4 2.8HT/800 @ 3.3 (default voltage)Idle: 31CFull FS Load: 42C