Sign in to follow this  
Efussander

Ouch!

Personally, I like how they immediately cover anything that could identify which airline made a boo-boo. I mean it's obvious to us that it's United/COA, but to a regular passenger, they prolly couldn't tell from the pictures which airline it was.

That was the epic fail of th day! ^^How I hate that new United livery, th old one was the best.

Ouch! What a sight to see. Almost looks like it could be a toy with snapped landing gear.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Time to install the pogo-stick for the left main landing gear!

On the 27th of December 1991, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) flight 751, a MD-80 departured Stockholm-Arlanda airport (ESSA) enroute to Copenhagen-Kastrup (EKCH). About 1 minute after takeoff they suffered dual engine failure due to FOD from ice on the wings.However, the two pilots assisted by a third SAS pilot travelling as a passenger succeded to land the airplane on a open grass field in the woods of Gottröra, north of Arlanda.The plane was broken in three parts but miraculously all crew and passengers survived. Leaving only one passenger that survived but ended up in wheelchair all left the plane on their own.When the crash was known and the rescue forces, police and media came to crash site SAS were there quickly to paint over the company name and logos of the aircraft.The story about the crash was a big thing in the media and was often referred to as the "Christmas Miracle in Gottröra".What I wanted to say: SAS probably regretted that they repainted the aircraft...Read more: http://en.wikipedia....ines_Flight_751Also: http://aviation-safe...11227-0〈=enIn swedish: http://sv.wikipedia....ines_Flight_751

I would of hated to have to change that fitting.. Looks about to be as much of a pain as changing a main beam on a H-60.. Probably worse since all the components are much bigger. Is good that the aircraft will return to service, but probably after a good couple months of re-work. Looks like the flaps were bent in the original collapse as well, and damage done to the fittings. In the maintenance pix you can see a brand new primered fitting on the back of the wing beams.

I hope this failure will not happen in the NGX :(

I hope this failure will not happen in the NGX :(
Nah....PMDG build 'em tougher'n that!

Can't, FSX runways don't have potholes!! Just%20Kidding.gif

I wonder... who pays? I'm sure Unitentental has primo insurance, but I'm sure Insurance will try to recoup. Would it be KGLH and it's operators (assuming the work was done there)? FAA? I wonder if she's a write-off?Aslo, in passing through KIAH on the way to Europe a few weeks ago, I didn't notice a single aircraft operating for the company that day that wasn't already converted over to "United" on the exterior. However, everything in the exterior says "Continental." Of course, in the welcome video, Smisek is speaking to the customer about the transition. From my perspective (at 3-4 times per year, I'm HARDLY a frequent flyer), the quality of Continental has dropped since the poison of United has entered its system. I switched to Continental about 15 years ago in hopes of avoiding United, but the specter seems to have come back to haunt me. But that's another story...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I once heard the NGX was so awesome that Gravity asked it to fly. Just%20Kidding.gifEDIT : It's amazing the forced created by landing aren't enough to cave it. But A pothole could lol.EDIT 2 : OH! I just saw the 'pothole.' That's huge!EDIT 3 : Pilots exited through the rear? The NG has a rear exit?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

It's amazing the forced created by landing aren't enough to cave it. But A pothole could lol.
It's quite simple - landing is a compression force, driving over a hole in the ground is a sheering force. The aircraft is strong in the direction of compression but relatively weak in the direction of sheer.Best regards,Robin.

hehehehe, I love watching airlines that make big money and only care about money having a plane collapse right now. They ripped me off in the past and treated me bad and now karma did whats coming hehehehehetongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

hehehehe, I love watching airlines that make big money and only care about money having a plane collapse right now. They ripped me off in the past and treated me bad and now karma did whats coming hehehehehetongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif
They probably did more damage to you, than this did to them - still.