Sign in to follow this  
Efussander

Ouch!

Thanks for the Zite suggestion, just installed and it's amazing ...

<br />Thanks for the Zite suggestion, just installed and it's amazing ...<br />
<br /><br /><br />Yep, no prob.

Pilots exited through the rear? The NG has a rear exit?
I think you need to review the safety announcement. ':(' I wrote this just now from scratch.....yes, I am a frequent flier. ':('"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, and welcome aboard United Airlines flight 953 with non-stop service to San Fransisco, and continuing service to Las Vegas. At this time, we ask that all passengers direct their attention to the cabin crew located in the aisle, as we demonstrate the safety features and proceedures of this Boeing 737, 800 series aircraft. Located in the seat-back pocket in front of you is a safety information card. Please remove the card, and follow along as we continue our demonstration. Please take time to read the safety information card, especially if you're are sitting in an exit row. If you are sitting in an exit row, and do not meet the requirements listed in the safety information card, please let a flight attendant know, and we'll be happy to reseat you. There are eight emergency exits aboard this aircraft; 2 forward door exits, 4 over-wing window exits, and 2 aft door exits. Please take the time to locate the exit nearest to you, keeping in mind that your nearest exit may be behind you. Lighted signs and emergency floor path lighting will lead to the exits. White lights lead to red lights, indicating you have reached an exit row. The doors are equipped with emergency escape slide-rafts that may be detached and used for floatation if necessary.If you look above you, you will notice that the fasten seatbelt sign has been illuminated. Federal law requires that passengers keep their seat belts fastened at all times when the sign is illuminated, and we strongly recommend that you keep your seatbelt (edit: fastened), even when the seatbelt sign is not on. To do this..........I would imagine that since the nose was up so high, that they would've had to use the slide or a ladder to get out had they used the forward doors. However, if they disarmed the rear door, they probably could've hopped down without assistance because the tail was so low to the ground.

Sorry everybody. My last post got butchered to heck with HTML snippets. I have since edited.