Sign in to follow this  
alex5129

FMC database

I would appreciate any help I can get concerning the PMDG 737 FMC, d/l new navdata from navigraph and did the self extraction, however the FMC states I have no database loaded.

Did you save the download to the correct folder? Probably but just a thoughtAlan W

Under your FS9 folder is a PMDG folder. Under that is a SIDSTARS folder where a huge quantity of (ICAO).txt files reside. Each one is the terminal procedures database for that airport.Two other files used are wpNavAPT.txt and wpNavAID.txt used for runway data and navaid data. I am not sure where they reside.If the navigraph install asks for your FS path be sure it detected that correctly. If it now looks at the Win registry check the path with this free utility FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library .If you are a VISTA or Win 7 user and the Navigraph FMC installer is an .exe file (I forgot) then you should right click on it and select run as admin to get through Windows security systems for any folder under any Program Files folder tree if your SIDSTAR folder is empty.

I added psuedo waypoints, intercepts, etc. I can see changes in the ND but no matter what I have done I can not see a left turn on the ND even though the headings are recognized on the LEGS page. Does anyone know why the ND path responds differently than the LEGS page headings? The intercept point I created shows as a white circle on the ND but the path displayed will not run through it..I could not find any reference to a minimum altitude AGL requirement that would affect the path display.