Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

PMDG Boeing 777

A PMDG L-1011 would be neat!
I would have to agree, although it would pretty risky for PMDG due to the fact that it would be more of a thing people would take out of the hanger just to look at, not really fly. This is also because no airlines fly them any longer, so no VA's fly them. They wouldn't get too much use and I think PMDG would put more money into it then they would get back from people buying it. Almost like QW developing the bAE-146..

Can we get something other than modern jets? Big%20Grin.gif Maybe something around the 707-era?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

There's less than 100 BAe Jetstream aircraft in operation, and only 15 or less operators, so I'd say its quite a risky procedure on its own. For many people, like myself, who would love to fly hertiage aircraft from our favorite airlines, mine being Delta, the largest L-1011 operator; also using them were Eastern, TWA, British Airways, Pan Am, Royal Air Force, Cathay Pacific, United, among a few others. Captain Sim's 707, 727 have been very successful, the former of which is no longer in active service, and 727s being used only for cargo, and an Iranian Airline (and some VIP).And the L-1011 isn't all-too modern.

Inactive

I think you're mostly right. The 777 will just need the beige cockpit (I like the beige better than grey personally) and of course two big engines (yep, they're a tad bigger) and a whole new exterior model, and of course, fully programmed fly-by-wire system (the most complex thing they'll have to do), of which it [fly-by-wire system] can be applied to a later 747-8,and 787 respectively.

Plus Hedgehog pilot, I love your intense signature!
thanks, my signature is worth every penny, can't wait to buy the NGX

"As of now we have two products in development...we have not shared with you...when the time is right"...now THATS what I wanna know!and please don't say woodpidgeon! lol. I'm sincerely hoping A320/1 and A330/340 :)

Im really excited and really hope they re model the 747. It cannot be compared to the NGX and the possible 777

Captain Sim's 707, 727 have been very successful, the former of which is no longer in active service, and 727s being used only for cargo, and an Iranian Airline (and some VIP).
This is incorrect, there are quite a few 707's still in service, although almost all of them are military or cargo variants these days. A recent study found that with upgrades, 707s would still be able to operate until 2040 (by which time they would be approaching 80 years old as a design), but more realistically, with their remaining airframe hours and before maintenance costs make them too costly to service, they could be operated until 2018 without major reskinning work having to be carried out on them.Either way, this probably is longer than the 727 will be around, since with wing-mounted podded engines, the 707 has been able to have modern high bypass turbofans fitted with relative ease, whereas the 727's internally mounted engine will not allow that to be done (a problem which Boeing did briefly consider addressing, before abandoning it as not economically viable). As a result, the 727 is noisy and not very environmentally-friendly; thus the 727 is rapidly being banished from the skies of many countries in spite of hush kits having been fitted, since its quieter engines are still thirsty and not very green.All that said, unlike the major airlines and air forces, in the simulation world we have the luxury of being able to operate anything we like without worrying about whether the real aircraft was a sales success or not. The PMDG J41 and the MD-11 are prime examples of that, in that neither is exactly ubiquitous. Nevertheless, so long as it is a good simulation of the real aircraft, that matters little, since what PMDG goes for is the kind of customer who cares more about accuracy than popularity.You probably won't find any 737-100s flying at all, but you watch how many copies of their forthcoming one CS will manage to shift.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We have almost every newer Boeing/ McDonnell Douglas aircraft available in great quality, which is great in my opinion. Nevertheless I have read that Europe and especially Germany have a strong flightsim market, too and I would be surprised if an high quality Airbus for fsx would not be successful. And as we Europeans buy lots of Boeing/ McDonnell Douglas fs products, I am quite sure that also American simmers would buy an Airbus. Unfortunately Airbus is completely underrepresented in fs so far.

This is incorrect, there are quite a few 707's still in service, although almost all of them are military or cargo variants these days. A recent study found that with upgrades, 707s would still be able to operate until 2040 (by which time they would be approaching 80 years old as a design), but more realistically, with their remaining airframe hours and before maintenance costs make them too costly to service, they could be operated until 2018 without major reskinning work having to be carried out on them.Either way, this probably is longer than the 727 will be around, since with wing-mounted podded engines, the 707 has been able to have modern high bypass turbofans fitted with relative ease, whereas the 727's internally mounted engine will not allow that to be done (a problem which Boeing did briefly consider addressing, before abandoning it as not economically viable). As a result, the 727 is noisy and not very environmentally-friendly; thus the 727 is rapidly being banished from the skies of many countries in spite of hush kits having been fitted, since its quieter engines are still thirsty and not very green.All that said, unlike the major airlines and air forces, in the simulation world we have the luxury of being able to operate anything we like without worrying about whether the real aircraft was a sales success or not. The PMDG J41 and the MD-11 are prime examples of that, in that neither is exactly ubiquitous. Nevertheless, so long as it is a good simulation of the real aircraft, that matters little, since what PMDG goes for is the kind of customer who cares more about accuracy than popularity.You probably won't find any 737-100s flying at all, but you watch how many copies of their forthcoming one CS will manage to shift.Al
Thou art mistaken! The only of the three original american airliner designs (707, DC-8 and Convair 880) have been fitted with CFM high-bypass engines. The Douglas DC-8 was fitted with CFMs and was in service with these, with operators like Delta until the early 80s, late 70s. No Boeing 707 aircraft have been retrofitted with CFM or any other small high-bypass turbofan engines, with the KC-137 being an exception, as it isn't a true civilian 707, as is the topic at debate (plus the US Military can put whatever the hell the like on the planes, they've got the dough); a beleive at one point somebody tried, but never received FAA approval, or approval for an STC. Now, the 707 wouldn't be economically viable with CFM engines, as its short fuselage doesn't lend to much performance or efficieny gain over the original engines. The DC-8 however, was fitted with these, because the DC-8-70 and DC-8-80 had streched fuselages, lending to better efficiency with a CFM engine, as the larger aircraft goes, its economical, and the DC-8 is tougher and built better than the 707. The Convair 880 was made in small numbers, and to this day is the fastest subsonic airliner ever built.

Inactive

Thou art mistaken! The only of the three original american airliner designs (707, DC-8 and Convair 880) have been fitted with CFM high-bypass engines.
Then I'm quite evidently not mistaken am I?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well the NGX will keep me happy for at least a year! Then a 777 those are for me the two perfect aircraft for my fleet. 737 Short to Medium and 777 Medium-Long. Love the Dash-8 too but I am not a big fan of only VC planes so we will see how that goes. But lets just get the NGX first. One foot at a time. As for the "secret" products who knows, but a 787 and a classic airliner would be pretty cool. Who knows maybe a biz jet. It could be anything but for the time being I just want to see the NGX then the 777. What ever happens after that I dont think we need to worry about now. Steven Herzberg.

I am really really really hoping for a 737-300, 400, 500. Even a 200, 200adv

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I love Boeing 777-300ER and also l hope it can release in a few years.

Love the idea of the earlier Dash variants. Numerous short hops all over the world. The long haul market was not really my thing until I got the MD11, though I have never flown it for much more than 4 hours at a go. Perhaps I would get a 777, who knows. At PMDG's level of expertise, it would be hard and probably pointless to even try and resist :)Andrew