Sign in to follow this  
N2056

Thorp T-18 Finished!

For those of you that have been members here for a while you may remember posts I made of this project as I worked on it over the years. The Thorp T-18 is a very popular home-built aircraft that first flew in 1963. My father built his first one in the late 1960's, and I was his faithful co-pilot. Over time he has built 3. This model is of the current Thorp we fly today, and is a very detailed rendition of the real plane. It features 3-d gauges, a high-definition VC, many custom animations, and the landing light effect is modeled so that it will illuminate objects on the ground. It is available in the Avsim file library here.

Impressive featureset there especially on a freeware plane. Thumbs up for your work there. Thanks! :(

Nice job, thank you for this aircraft. I might have to check it out in real life too!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Looks good! Out of curisoity, how much does it cost to buy one of the real ones?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The cost would depend on a number of things...there are many variables as these planes are amateur-built and as such have many differences between any given two. Things like instrumentation and engine hp can have a pretty big effect on the sale price. A quick look at Barnstormer's found 5 for sale with a price range of $20k-$38k USD.

Ouch, only a little above my budget :S Thanks for posting though smile.gif

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case