Hi guys. I build PCs for a living. As you imagine, I build quite a lot, and it's not very often that there is something that I don't know how to fix. However, this appears to be the exception. I know that there are people in here who are smarter than me, and I'm hoping that they can give me a hand. Basically, I'm building a SB system for a client. I'm using the Sabertooth mobo for this build. My problem is that nearly every time I try to cold boot, the power switch doesn't do anything. Absolutely nothing. Okay, I turn the PSU off/on, same thing. Unplug/replug, same thing. Finally, I moved the cord to a different outlet alltogether, and it starts immediately. Weird right? Okay, but then when the Phoenix page flashes, it says Press F1 to Enter SETUP and Recover BIOS Settings. When I go into the UEFI, all of the settings that I previously input were gone. (no overclocking yet, just stuff like ram timings, voltages, etc.) If I just keep the default settings, it will boot.Then if I shutdown and try to cold boot again, the same thing happens. Power switch doesn't work. I plug it back in to the original outlet, and it starts right up, but I get the same screen. Either overclocking failed, or f1 to recover bios. This is even though there has been NO overclocking, and the bios setting were defaulted when the computer shut down. Dumb dumb dumb. Interesting to note that unplugging/replugging into the same outlet doesn't work. The cord has to be moved to a dif.ferent outlet. CMOS battery is good, I've tried clearing the CMOS to no avail. HX750 checks out too. What's going on???Thanks!!

Ya know what? I just realized something interesting. I cleared the CMOS before by removing the battery and discharging the capacitors. I was just about to clear it with the jumper to be sure, and I noticed that there is no jumper cap at all. Could that be the problem?

I would try outside of the case, or replacing the board...if the cap is missing, it looks like it's a used board? maybe one that was RMA'd? was the box sealed?

<br />I would try outside of the case, or replacing the board...if the cap is missing, it looks like it's a used board? maybe one that was RMA'd? was the box sealed?<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Yep, box sealed. The ani-static bag was sealed too. All of the plastic scratch protectors and stickers were on as well. Hmm.<br /><br />The pin spacing is the same on the jumper as on the mobo fan connectors. I'll make a cap of my own using a fan connector, and soldering the wires together to form a loop. <br /><br />I'll let you know if it works. Thanks Dario for your input. =)

Okay, my home-made jumper cap worked perfectly. As far as I can tell, the problem is solved. I've done about 10 cold boots, each time the computer booted flawlessly and retained bios settings. Let this serve as an FYI for anyone who has a similar problem in the future.<br /><br />Also, anyone know why I'm getting HTML snippets mixed in with my posts? Do you see them too, or is it just me? Instead of an actual line break, I get the {br /} snippet instead.