Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Canadian Nav Charts

For the US, I use http://skyvector.com It covers pretty much all of the enroute charts and even has a flight plan function though, I can't find a print button. I then use the FAA's website for my approach plates. Do these types of free resources exist for Canada as well? At the moment I am trying to plan a flight from CYOW to KGRR, but I have no charts for Canada. Thanks!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

NavCanada has a subscription service for aeronautical charts. Their airport charts are free, but procedures and enroute charts aren't.Have you looked into the FSX planners? AivlaSoft EFB, FS Commander, etc?

Look at WWW.VATCAN.ORGYou can then click on each past of the country ("regions", on the left side), and from there you can specify the particular airport.

NavCanada has a subscription service for aeronautical charts. Their airport charts are free, but procedures and enroute charts aren't.Have you looked into the FSX planners? AivlaSoft EFB, FS Commander, etc?
I prefer to do flight planning the old fashioned way :)

Jeff

But not the VFR ones, just to be clear. As Fenric said, they are pay only, as far as I can see.
I was fortunate enough to get all the charts including Hi/Lo, etc. but all on paper. The maps are way to big to fit into a scanner. :(

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Nice resource thank you.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

There was one time (Feb 2010) where NavCan put the approach chart pubs online as pdf, but after about one month they shut that down hard.scott s..

You know it costs a few bucks, but I prefer just to buy the charts and CAPS, from my local pilot shop. They last for at least a couple of years before changes are so greatly significant that I need update. Even then updates are only required for a few locations I do not buy the whole set.; beats fiddling around with other programs and or printing a tonne of approach plates, which I was never successful in organizing. The real deal also provides a level of authenticity and experience into the real-world. The pilot shop is a kool place as well that sell all kinds of neat aviation items.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I don't know if my FBO/Flight School carries Canadian charts, but I would think so. Any lower than Michigan and FBO's would be unlikely to carry them.

Jeff

Unlike most countries Canada privatized their air traffic control services. NavCanada is owned 50% by NavCanada and 50% by the airline industry. Under NavCanada's mandate, all profits are plowed back into the company to improve things. The downside is no free charts online. Excellent CNN video story on NavCanada here:http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/28/canada.air.safety/index.html?hpt=C2Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000