Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Windmilling on the NGX

I would like to know if she is going to have realistic windmilling effects on the ground?

Peter Osborn

I don't think so. Ryan can explain why. :(

I don't think so. Ryan can explain why. :(
As robert said, yes. And Ryan had actually explained back in January how it was modeled...sort of

Windmilling effect?? Someone can explane what that is?Ryan or Robert?? :(

It's what a windmill does. Engines do the same if there is enough wind.Look here. Cheers.

It's what a windmill does. Engines do the same if there is enough wind.Look here. Cheers.
Ooh that's windmilling? Ha! I thought something whole different, but okay....

Cmon your dutch! You should know :(

On the ground, not really, no. Hopefully the wind is not blowing that fast.That's also not mentioning that, even if it was, the aircraft is normally parked at a gate, which has a terminal of a pretty good height in front of it, blocking most, if not all of the wind. The fan will still spin, but the wind still won't be fast enough to do much other than spin it. It's actually kind of interesting in that a lot of them sound like tumblers when they spin.

Kyle Rodgers

HA!Does Windmilling create power though?
1_5_Mega_Watt_1500kw_Windmill_Generator.jpg

HA!Does Windmilling create power though?
It doesn't. It's similar to idling in a car if a jet engine does it. No energy is being produced to move the plane forward.Windmills in and of themselves use a series of gears and levers to do the work they were designed to do (pump water, mill wheat, etc.). It's a relatively simple mechanical system, but is prone to breakdowns.

Lol guys, I'm not joking but I live in the polder here and if you take off from Lelystad - EHLE, you see a "sea of windmills" I'm not exaggerating but I think you will see a few hundred's of windmills

Gents-Yes.
hahahahahahahahaha, I dunno why but that is the funniest post Iv seen from Rob. He normally gives out great loads of details for little things but this time its just "Yes"

Lol guys, I'm not joking but I live in the polder here and if you take off from Lelystad - EHLE, you see a "sea of windmills" I'm not exaggerating but I think you will see a few hundred's of windmills
Windmills or windturbines? There's a difference. In Delft we have 1 windmill and a few windturbines around the Technische Universiteit.