Sign in to follow this  
ctn010

Aircraft check tool?

Hi guys,Is there any tool for checking which plane (in \Aircraft folder)is not included in any flightplan? I have a lots aircraft which are replaced in airlines but it is a bit annoyed to check/delete them manualy.Thanx

Yes, ACA2005 is your tool. Download it from here: http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5It's an AI enthusiast's best friend.It should be pretty straightforward, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.:(
Whoooaaaaa.Thanx Mike. It is exactly THE tool I was lookin' for.Kova

Do you guys get better performance from the sim with unused AI aircraft removed, apart from initial startup and loading the 'select aircraft' menu? I can't see any in game performance hit so I don't usually bother removing the 200+ unused AI aircraft lying around, too much work.

Do you guys get better performance from the sim with unused AI aircraft removed, apart from initial startup and loading the 'select aircraft' menu? I can't see any in game performance hit so I don't usually bother removing the 200+ unused AI aircraft lying around, too much work.
I don't see any FPS changes. I set all my AI to be invisible in aircraft menu so no worry about that. I just like the faster loading time.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Also be aware that your AI aircraft are not flying all around the world all the time.They are only "in action" in a roughly 128 square mile box that you are in and are only used when the timing for them to be in that same "box" as you are is correct.So removing AI aircraft really will make no difference - other than the initial start up time as everything is "checked" by FS then.I believe most of us "hide" dedicated AI craft from displaying in the aircraft selection menu as doing so does make a noticeable difference in loading time.Just my 2 cents worth.

When I install a new AI aircraft, I make it visible in the .air file, and then I make the ui_manufacturer line read "New ZZZ Boeing AI." (or Airbus, Fokker, etc.) I bring up the Sim and look for the plane - if its there and the colors are good, I'm ready to go. I put it into my Aircraft.txt file, and change the ui_manufacturer to be "ZZZ Boeing AI." That way, all my AI planes are at the bottom of the list and I don't have to scroll through them. I'll take the small hit loading the GUI to select a plane.

No, I do not get any better performance when I remove unwanted Ai repaints but this is the way to keep my FS folder clean since I'll get veeeery big folder or aircraft.cfg file with unused repaints. All my AI planes are set to "invisible" but when I want to add new repaint to my cfg file it takes a lot scrolling to get to the bottom of [fltsim.xxx] section. Besides I see no reason to keep them on my HDD since airline is not using the plane any more. It is the same like never emptying your "recycle bin" folder. Trash is just pilin' up.Kova