Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

Here a crazy suggestion

OK so it's crazy Friday so here's a crazy suggestion. Instead of releasing the NGX manuals with the aircraft put the manuals out now and charge the cost of the NGX for the manuals and we get the plane free. Gives us something to study while we wait.I did say it was crazy ( but a helluva lot saner than some of the posts). :(

So let me sumerise this transaction. PMDG get money for the manuals, they have already admitted that they see very little profit from these; and then give you there work for the past 2 years for free...I agree it's still more intelligent than a lot of the comments..

Ian R Tyldesley

PMDG have already responded to a suggestion of a similar nature, in saying that they would not 'half-release' products in a manner similar to what CS did with their Triple Seven, and I think that idea sort of comes under the same notion. You could in any case buy the printed manuals, which is not the same thing as knocking the product-included ones out, since they are a supplementary product.Nothing stopping you reading real 737 manuals anyway, which given the level of fidelity PMDG are going for, would amount to the same thing, and those can be found online.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So let me sumerise this transaction. PMDG get money for the manuals, they have already admitted that they see very little profit from these; and then give you there work for the past 2 years for free...I agree it's still more intelligent than a lot of the comments..
I think you didn't get it, he wants manuals for price of NGX and NGX itself when it's ready.

OK so it's crazy Friday so here's a crazy suggestion. Instead of releasing the NGX manuals with the aircraft put the manuals out now and charge the cost of the NGX for the manuals and we get the plane free. Gives us something to study while we wait.I did say it was crazy ( but a helluva lot saner than some of the posts). :(
But then they wouldn't get any additional money for the manuals......you'd just pay the actual aircraft fee and the manuals would effectively be free.You could always just buy the manuals...I'm not, far to pricey

I think you didn't get it, he wants manuals for price of NGX and NGX itself when it's ready.
Lol so it's actually worse than i thought, glad he was being ironic :(

Ian R Tyldesley

I agree it's still more intelligent than a lot of the comments..
Why do I think that William's idea is quite smart actually?PS He does not refer to the 450$ printed manuals but the ones that'll come with the product (PDFs).

Why do I think that William's idea is quite smart actually?PS He does not refer to the 450$ printed manuals but the ones that'll come with the product (PDFs).
Ah, in which case i unreservedly apologize, but then echo Al's comments above, PMDG don't like releasing there products in parts! Shame, because i think that the idea has merit

Ian R Tyldesley

The thing is that PMDG will not accept money for a product that they havent released yet. If they do that they open up for all kinds of critisism.

Well, I get the guy's idea.We all wish we could get hold of the manual before the actual release, so that we could start studying the aircraft, and focus on enjoying it from the first time we get to fly it, instead of being completely lost for weeks before we can understand how somethings work.PMDG has said they won't do it because the manual is protected by several copyright stuff from Boeing, so they can't let anyone have it, only PMDG 737NGx buyers, and it's pretty clear they won't sell some manuals for I don't know, 70 bucks, it just wouldn't feel right.All we have to do is sit and wait

Alexis Mefano

I can see it now: PMDG where is the aircraft we payed for it? You are stealing our money, we want it now.I think this idea is completely silly, the forums are crazy enough with people that have not contributed their first cent to the NGX. This would put pressure on PMDG that they do not need at this point.

This is great, I always know when a release is immanent when people start asking for the manuals. We will be even closer when someone asks when the paintkit will be released. ;)Edit:So, when is the paintkit going to be released ;) ;)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg