Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

General Questions

Here was initially the FAQ Topic.I moved it to a more prominent place in the main forum as many people haven't found it.Guenseli

Edited by guenseli

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Hi,I read in the LINDA manual that VRI MCP Combo is connected to PC via a COM Port (COM3). I dont understand.I dont have one MCP (I will buy one tomorrow) and i see in the specification that it is connected via USB cable.Does LINDA recognize the MCP Combo like another HID device if it is only connected via USB and not the COM3 port ?Michel

Michel Veréb

I read in the LINDA manual that VRI MCP Combo is connected to PC via a COM Port (COM3). I dont understand.I dont have one MCP (I will buy one tomorrow) and i see in the specification that it is connected via USB cable.Does LINDA recognize the MCP Combo like another HID device if it is only connected via USB and not the COM3 port ?
MCP Combo is connected by USB, it's true, and without any doubts LINDA will work with it, don't be worried.This mess with USB and COM ports is because MCP Combo creates it's own COM-port while connected and it works through this port.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ok, I understand now.Thanks for the so quick clarification.Michel

Michel Veréb

Hello Michel,I was concerned with this too, as SerialFP reported a different interface setting before I installed LINDA. From what I understand the interface reverts to COM3 without SerialFP as programmed by LINDA. It has worked wihout problem since running LINDA.Cheers,BrassEm.(P.S. If you have never used a Mode Control Panel and have only used mouse clicks before, you will NEVER regret your purchase.)

Hi BrassEm,My plan is to buy the MCP Combo tomorrow. I hope my wife will let me open the box before my birthday date (30 june) :( Until now i use a second keyboard with key mapping and mouse macro (see attached picture)...Thanck you for you advice.Michel

Michel Veréb

Very effective work with the keyboard Michel! (I was looking at wiring switches straight onto the keyboard pcb.)If I recall correctly, you must test all the functions of the MCP COMBO immeadiately on receipt purely for warranty purposes only. And don't forget the duration testing that is required.. with different aircraft... :(

Is there a way to assign a FSUIPC mouse macro to a button in LINDA? Background: I am still trying to figure out how to set up the iFly 737, and while I could assign about a bazillion keyboard shortcuts to the different commands, I would prefer not to have these shortcuts.Mouse macros seem to work on the plane as well, so if I could assign a mouse macro, then I would be happy :)One reason for this is that such a setup would be useable by someone else, while the keyboard shortcut route probably wouldn't because others couldn't use the keyboard mappings I have set up.I have tried to look at the LVars and offsets, but most of them does not seem to work, and I do not know how to figure out real offets/values that might work. Reading the iFly forums the general answer is: Program for the SDK or use keyboard shortcuts or use mouse macros. At least that is what I figured based on my limited understanding of LVars, offsets and FSX controls :)Helge

Helge Rasmussen

RC3 already has such ability (if I'm not confusing something)... don't you see the "Set FSUIPC macro" menu item? but anyway macros do not work correct in RC3 :-)I've fixed the problem, but wait for the next update - it will contain the fix and a bunch of other enhancements.Also it will include the manuals and if nothing changed it will be final RC before the actual release.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem, First congrats on releasing LINDA!I tried to donate to you via paypal, but cannot. I got the message:Currently PayPal accounts in Russia are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds.Seems like you will have to donate to me :) :) :)I will certainly donate when its possible!Now for my problem :)I tried to use FSUIPC macros, but cannot get it to work.I made a macro in FSUIPC, and assigned it to a keyboard key. It works. When I try to assign it to a MCP Combo button nothing happens.The F1 log shows: "M:_AAAA:_CO" (My macro is named CO and is in the file AAAA.MCRO)The FSUIPC log shows: "LUA: LINDA:: M:_AAAA:_CO"What am I doing wrong?Helge

Helge Rasmussen

This problem with macros was in previous version of LINDA. Try to clean this particular assignment and reassign it again.As for PayPal... thank you for your intentions!I will think how to workaround this problem with donations.. :-\

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Macros assigning on MCP buttons has a problem. Fixing it.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ah ok, I was just going to post that my macro works on a stick button but not on a MCP button, but I will wait for the next version now :)ThanksHelge

Helge Rasmussen

Fixed that already. If it's urgent, I'll give you a link in PM.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL