Sign in to follow this  
bigtallman

New Processor

Hi people!Im going to get a new processor for my computer. At the moment I have an AMD Athlon 1300ghz but am wanting to get a AMD ATHLON XP 2800.Would this be a good buy?Would i be able to use all the stuff on the computer without having to reinstall it eg FS2004 and the addons i have for it?Thanks for your timeRichard Wheatley

Guest outtatimeiii

If you just take the old CPU out and drop the new one in, you won't need to reinstall everything. BUT theres a chance your motherboard will not support a fast CPU like the 2800, espicially if your motherboard is old.If you post your system's specs (mainly motherboard model), I could find out if your system can handle such a fast CPU.Hope this helps.

Hi Zack,I had a new mother board fitted about 2 months back. All I can remember is that its a Soltek Mainboard. I have windows ME but im wanting to update it to XP. Is this easy to do and does it cost a lot? Would I have to install FS2004 and my addons from scratch again?Sorry if it sounds a bit thick, flying planes yes, understanding computers not a chance!Richard Wheatley