Sign in to follow this  
mike_espo

Ryan NYP

Hello everyone B) My first post here. I have been flying flight sims for about 10 years now. Started with IL2 series and then Rise of Flight. Now I fly in peaceful times. I have FS9 and Golden Wings on my hardrive. Love the Classics!!! One of my all time favorite books is "Fate is the Hunter" by Earnest K. Gann. Awesome Read!!!!:( Anyway, my question is: Does anybody have any information or useful insight on the Ryan NYP?? I have been flying this bird for a week now. Mostly in San Diego with <25% fuel to get ready for the recreation of the flight to StL. Finally gave it a try yesterday-with 80% fuel. Augered in 3 times. Could not get the ship to climb over the mountains East of San Diego no matter what I tried. :( It is so unstable and underpowered. Yaws and rolls for no reason defying the laws of physics.......:( Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hello everyone B) My first post here. I have been flying flight sims for about 10 years now. Started with IL2 series and then Rise of Flight. Now I fly in peaceful times. I have FS9 and Golden Wings on my hardrive. Love the Classics!!! One of my all time favorite books is "Fate is the Hunter" by Earnest K. Gann. Awesome Read!!!!:( Anyway, my question is: Does anybody have any information or useful insight on the Ryan NYP?? I have been flying this bird for a week now. Mostly in San Diego with <25% fuel to get ready for the recreation of the flight to StL. Finally gave it a try yesterday-with 80% fuel. Augered in 3 times. Could not get the ship to climb over the mountains East of San Diego no matter what I tried. :( It is so unstable and underpowered. Yaws and rolls for no reason defying the laws of physics.......:( Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Although I never use the the Ryan NYP, I do know that on the Flight 1 Web Site they offer a freeware verson of the aircraft. The file can be found under their freeware tab. They list the model as being a FS9 aircraft, but the auto installer looks for a FS8 folder. Just redirect the installer to your FS9 installation.Tom

I wonder if he not so much flew over the mountains as he flew "though" them? Then again, how did he get over the Rockies or did he fly South around them? I would think there is a route of his 1500 mile, 14 hour 25 minute flight to Lambert Field. I would email the San Diego Air and Space Museum in San Diego to see if they know how he did it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Had to "cheat" to get over the mountains. Used 10% fuel to climb to 5000ft then increased load to 80% or 300 gallons. Aircraft actually handles OK when fuel is low....