Sign in to follow this  
Akila

update the FSX static navigation data?

The navigation data in FSX is static. As far as I know, it was frozen around spring 2005. This data is stored in the scenery files and that's the data that is used by FSX's built in GPS, VOR, NDB as well as AI traffic and ATC. Of course, I have to use that data, too.There is a well known company that offers monthly updates of this data (AIRAC cycles). As far as I know, currently this data is not compiled into scenery files that FSX understands.Its still external data, so FSX and all its built in stuff doesn't use it.In my humble opinion, that doesn't make much sense. To use that data in its present form, you need an ATC add on, an AI traffic add on and add on aircraft that all support that external data.So everybody, who know a convenient way to merge the monthly updates with FSX BGL files.the BGL files is too more....the nav dates too...http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.aspyeah but have that for my addons. what i am looking for is for the default fsx so when I plan a route in fsx it will use the same waypoints as in ie fs commander

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

what about the rest of the world?any similar solution?
Here is a US updatehttp://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_70_74&products_id=3140Also, there is a freeware intersections update in the file library. Search for PFSN

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Here is a US updatehttp://www.fspilotsh...roducts_id=3140Also, there is a freeware intersections update in the file library. Search for PFSN
nothing I could find in the Library, do you know the exact name by any chance?
Searching for: 'pfsn' in Microsoft Flight Simulator - Flight Simulator X and below.Return to Library IndexNo more items in category

Joel Strikovsky

Oh yeah sorry about that, here is the file name. This updates all intersections is the US and Canada. Credit goes to Wilson Malone http://precisionfsn.tk/pfsnwp1105.zip in FSX - SceneryHere's the D/L linkhttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=159416

Jeff

Amazing!All is left if you know about SA/AU/AS :( (NA/EU are covered) , I don't care about Antarctica that much. Big%20Grin.gif , as I personal mainly fly APAC region.

Joel Strikovsky

Oh yeah sorry about that, here is the file name. This updates all intersections is the US and Canada. Credit goes to Wilson Malone http://precisionfsn.tk/pfsnwp1105.zip in FSX - SceneryHere's the D/L linkhttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=159416
That file strictly contains route waypoints with no route data. The problem of updating FSX navigation db is this:FSX spreads navigation data into several files. Some can be excluded, but in general, even though the sdk suggests any navaid can be excluded by area that is not the case. So the only practical approach is to replace the default data.For the most part, nav data is split into enroute and airport/terminal.Enroute. The enroute data consists of:navaids -- radio navs which generate sim signals aircraft radios receivewaypoints -- positional datapointsroutes -- the J and V routes that link waypointsboundaries -- state/country boundaries and airspacecenter comms -- the comms used for FIR/centersAirport/terminalnavaids -- radio navs which generate sim signals and are considered local or terminal (also includes ILS associated with runways)waypoints -- same as enroute, but the color is different when displayed in map or gps (blue vice magenta)runway designators -- used for comms, in constructing approaches, and by AIapproaches -- routes and info the gps uses to drive the autopilot and AIcomms -- used for approach/departure/and local opsThere are various dependencies between this data, meaning that a partial update can be problematic. That being said, without testing I think the waypoints in the library file will simply add the new waypoints into the db so they can be displayed and used in the flight planner/gps.scott s..

That file strictly contains route waypoints with no route data. The problem of updating FSX navigation db is this:FSX spreads navigation data into several files. Some can be excluded, but in general, even though the sdk suggests any navaid can be excluded by area that is not the case. So the only practical approach is to replace the default data.For the most part, nav data is split into enroute and airport/terminal.Enroute. The enroute data consists of:navaids -- radio navs which generate sim signals aircraft radios receivewaypoints -- positional datapointsroutes -- the J and V routes that link waypointsboundaries -- state/country boundaries and airspacecenter comms -- the comms used for FIR/centersAirport/terminalnavaids -- radio navs which generate sim signals and are considered local or terminal (also includes ILS associated with runways)waypoints -- same as enroute, but the color is different when displayed in map or gps (blue vice magenta)runway designators -- used for comms, in constructing approaches, and by AIapproaches -- routes and info the gps uses to drive the autopilot and AIcomms -- used for approach/departure/and local opsThere are various dependencies between this data, meaning that a partial update can be problematic. That being said, without testing I think the waypoints in the library file will simply add the new waypoints into the db so they can be displayed and used in the flight planner/gps.scott s..
Here's the thing, between the freeware file and the payware file (same author), you essentially have a complete Navdata update for the US and Canada for FS internal database. The only thing missing is like you said the airport side of it (approaches, correct runways, etc.). I'm quite happy that at least now, I can use the new data to create real world approaches in the sim using ADE.

Jeff