Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Haha it's unavoidable

...CTD's that is - even after a complete reformat - I'm getting a new CTD. Caused by weather.dll. Would that have something to do with the Jepp metar servers? Anyone else having issues today. When I select RW weather updates is when I get the CTD, maybe 15 minutes into the flight. Which is around the same time the Jepp server normally refreshes the Wx.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you tried using Real world weather, but static? In that case, the crash should not occur, if your theory is correct.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well yes, but that's why I'm posting. Does it work for you today? I figured it's crashing because FSX can't download the new weather files.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yup.. Everyone always trying to resolve CTDs, but in the end, the problem lies with FSX, or the coding failure between addons and FSX.I've had FSX installed on 3 different PCs. One PC and two laptops. Windows XP vs Windows 7, Ati vs Nvidia... It doesn't matter.NTDLLBEXuiautomationcore (only one i was able to fix)stackhash errorStopped respondingFatal erroretc.Then today, after a complete format of my PC and reinstall of FSX only 2 weeks ago:nooxe.th.jpgBAM!!!! On final after 2 hour flight. New error for me. Can't believe this piece of **** crap coding game.

Well yes, but that's why I'm posting. Does it work for you today? I figured it's crashing because FSX can't download the new weather files.
You said you got it about 15 minutes after starting the flight, so if you now say you also get a CTD with static real world weather, than it can't be the Jepp metar servers being the problem. The weather is static, so there is no updating every 15 minutes. I havn't tried it, but it seems to me that if you can load real world wather, then that's also an indication that the servers are not the problem, rather FSX itself. Maybe something is eating away resources that's causing a CTD after approximately 15 minutes of flight? It could be all kinds of things...squishy: yeah, which is why I always save my flights periodically. So when the CTD hits, I always know that I do not have to redo the entire flight again. And by the way, the approach into TNCM is great. I should really fly there more often. Pity that it's so out of the way of everything.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Are CTDs as prevalent in FS 2004?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I had so many CTDs with FS2004 that I finally removed it completely from my hard drive. With FSX (knock on wood) I virtually never experience any CTDs, the exception being when I am developing scenery addons and do something stupid during the development/testing phase!Regards, Mike Mann

You said you got it about 15 minutes after starting the flight, so if you now say you also get a CTD with static real world weather, than it can't be the Jepp metar servers being the problem. The weather is static, so there is no updating every 15 minutes. I havn't tried it, but it seems to me that if you can load real world wather, then that's also an indication that the servers are not the problem, rather FSX itself. Maybe something is eating away resources that's causing a CTD after approximately 15 minutes of flight? It could be all kinds of things...squishy: yeah, which is why I always save my flights periodically. So when the CTD hits, I always know that I do not have to redo the entire flight again. And by the way, the approach into TNCM is great. I should really fly there more often. Pity that it's so out of the way of everything.
You're right, but it would mean I'd have to save FSX, then PMDg panel.. and what about my PFE ATC? Even if possible (which I doubt) It's just too much of a hassle.Ye great landing, no ILS either ;). This flight was from TNCC (Curacao), only 500nm

Are you sure its not hardware related, GPU or CPU overheating, FSX stresses things a bit, but then you can always try this,http://forum.rs-transline.de/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2Its freeware weather programme it does a reasonably good job, better then default fsx

Are you sure its not hardware related, GPU or CPU overheating, FSX stresses things a bit, but then you can always try this,http://forum.rs-transline.de/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2Its freeware weather programme it does a reasonably good job, better then default fsx
Bladiebla, FSX errors are rarely hardware related. You might be lucky and have no CTDs, but that doesn't mean FSX is stable/bugfree. Neither was FS9

You said you got it about 15 minutes after starting the flight, so if you now say you also get a CTD with static real world weather, than it can't be the Jepp metar servers being the problem.
No I'm saying I don't appear to get the CTD unless I'm set to updates, rather than static.I don't run any weather programs, this is basically a vanilla FSX with Acceleration + a few airplane/scenery addons. I don't even have FSUIPC installed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You're right, but it would mean I'd have to save FSX, then PMDg panel.. and what about my PFE ATC? Even if possible (which I doubt) It's just too much of a hassle.Ye great landing, no ILS either ;). This flight was from TNCC (Curacao), only 500nm
Ah yes, I talked about this in another thread, I remember. But, the PMDG saved and loads automatically, so no hassle there. PFE is a different story, though...Ryan, I'm sorry, then I misunderstood you. Doesn't change the fact that if the server would be problematic, I think you wouldn't be able to get updates from there at all. As I said though, a CTD can come from anywhere. It could even be a repaint that's corrupt in some way or another. A particular repaint of the PMDG 747 I had would always bring down FS2004 after 5 minutes. Other that that, I wish I could be of more use... Aside from simply suggesting not to use the updated weather and use the static instead, I wouldn't really know what could be the cause.

Benjamin van Soldt

IDK, at least it wasn't a G3D.dll. I'm still waiting for that lil bugger.In the meantime I flew on vatsim tonight with static weather and no issues. Could just be a fluke - I'll test with updates later.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest firehawk44
...CTD's that is - even after a complete reformat - I'm getting a new CTD. Caused by weather.dll. Would that have something to do with the Jepp metar servers? Anyone else having issues today. When I select RW weather updates is when I get the CTD, maybe 15 minutes into the flight. Which is around the same time the Jepp server normally refreshes the Wx.
I flew from SFO to LAS using real weather around the same time you had your crash. I had no CTD. In fact, I was amazed as I was flying the iFly 737 and was getting wind shear warnings as I was taking off from 28L at SFO. Although I did not get a FSX crash, just before my arrival at LAS, I got a black screen with no sound and I had never seen that before. I did a ctrl-alt-del to check the task manager and FSX was still running so I did an 'alt-return' to bring me into windowed mode and that brought back the sound and graphics. I then did another alt-return to bring it back to full screen mode and finished the flight. There's nothing in my Event Viewer reflecting any problem occurred at all. I fly using real weather often and have never had a CTD. There could be a problem with your simconnect setup... I have not read too many posts over the past five years where FSX real weather causes a crash so think you had an anomaly of some sort.Best regards,Jim

I have used FSX since it's release, and am still on it's original installation on this computer, and never have issues with CTD's I did have some OOM crashes, and then only with the PMDG 744 prior to using the /3GB boot param, Since then now I can fly FSX for hours, and never crash. My longest flight was 16 hours with the PMDG 744. I attribute this to The O/S. I still use Windows XP Home edition, which FSX was originally designed for. If you look at the history, you would see most people with CTD problems today are the ones that have changed to Windows 7 and before that Vista. (Which was a disaster in itself) Can you really fault a 5 year old program for not working on an O/S developed far in the future, which the developers had absolutely no knowledge of at the time? Or is it more the New O/S's claim of backward compatibility, does not necessarily mean 100% compatible? Give it some thought!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d