Sign in to follow this  
Ed Kammerman

RC Freezing

Hi JD, Recently RC4.3 freezes about an hour into a flight. I get no error messages but my keyboard numbers don't respond in the RC window, they work everywhere else in FS. I'm running windows 7 64bit, RC in admin mode and have FSUIPC 4.7 and Norton NIS 2011 Ed Kammerman

Does Norton have a setting to fully trust RC effectively bypassing it? If you alt-tab back to RC is any error window underlying the FS window? Is this a one time occurrence? Was anything running that might have brought up a keystroke stealing thing in your flight?Test with a default aircraft and no other application running.FSUIPC 4.705 is current:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/Is RC and FS on the same PC?If no solution then create and submit a log per the instructions pinned at the forum top. When your key input freeze occurs, alt-tab to RC if you can and Quit the program to save the log. If you can't do that then just check the date and time and size of the created .log in your RCV4 folder.

Does Norton have a setting to fully trust RC effectively bypassing it? If you alt-tab back to RC is any error window underlying the FS window? Is this a one time occurrence? Was anything running that might have brought up a keystroke stealing thing in your flight?Test with a default aircraft and no other application running.FSUIPC 4.705 is current:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/Is RC and FS on the same PC?If no solution then create and submit a log per the instructions pinned at the forum top. When your key input freeze occurs, alt-tab to RC if you can and Quit the program to save the log. If you can't do that then just check the date and time and size of the created .log in your RCV4 folder.
Hi Ron, I'll look into some of the things you mentioned. There was no error message under the FS window. Both are on the same PC. I'm running FSUIPC 4.705. This incedent has occurred twice. I've been flying the PMDG B747 Ver 2.10. As far as something stealing a keystroke.. nothing I can think of. Norton is set correctly I'll run a test flight and let you know. Thanks, Ed Kammerman

Hi JD, Recently RC4.3 freezes about an hour into a flight. I get no error messages but my keyboard numbers don't respond in the RC window, they work everywhere else in FS. I'm running windows 7 64bit, RC in admin mode and have FSUIPC 4.7 and Norton NIS 2011 Ed Kammerman
make a log, information pinned to the top of the forum. be sure to click debug before loading the .pln duplicate the problem, zip up the log, and send it to me. tell me where in the flight (ground, tower, departure, etc) the "Freeze occurred"jd

make a log, information pinned to the top of the forum. be sure to click debug before loading the .pln duplicate the problem, zip up the log, and send it to me. tell me where in the flight (ground, tower, departure, etc) the "Freeze occurred"jd
Hi JD, Sorry It took so long to get back to you concerning this. The problem turned out to be with FSX it seems, I ran a repair and so far all is working well. Thanks, Ed Kammerman

Hi JD, Sorry It took so long to get back to you concerning this. The problem turned out to be with FSX it seems, I ran a repair and so far all is working well. Thanks, Ed Kammerman
and what pray tell happened to fsx?jd

and what pray tell happened to fsx?jd
Not really sure, but I ran a repair and things seemed to work for a while. However RC froze up again today on a flight from KLAX to KBOI. Yesterday FSX crashed. I did some system maintence today and downloaded the lateest version of makeRwys and ran it. We'll see what happens. Next I'll create a log per the pinned topic. I do have the latest copy of FSUIPC Ed Kammerman

The last couple of times RC4 has 'locked up' on me was in the iFly 737 (Win7 x64, FS9), turns out the repaint I was using was missing a cockpit texture. I THINK that if a texture is missing in FS a memory leak occurs. Eventually something has to get squeezed out, and in my case (and maybe yours) it was RC4. I added the missing texture, and RC4 has gone back to it's old, reliable self. Hope this helps.Cheers, SLuggy

If I can add my two cents, I have found that RC locked up after a period of time when FSX was not in full window mode. Ever since I have placed FSX back into full window mode, RC has been working like a charm.James

If I can add my two cents, I have found that RC locked up after a period of time when FSX was not in full window mode. Ever since I have placed FSX back into full window mode, RC has been working like a charm.James
Thanks James, Once I've gotten my flight set up and am airborne I go into full screen mode with just the menu bar showing, and it still happens. But thanks for your two cents :) Ed
The last couple of times RC4 has 'locked up' on me was in the iFly 737 (Win7 x64, FS9), turns out the repaint I was using was missing a cockpit texture. I THINK that if a texture is missing in FS a memory leak occurs. Eventually something has to get squeezed out, and in my case (and maybe yours) it was RC4. I added the missing texture, and RC4 has gone back to it's old, reliable self. Hope this helps.Cheers, SLuggy
I haven't noticed any missing textures with my aircraft, but that's something to look for. Thanks, Ed