Sign in to follow this  
Yankee Clipper

One Possible Reason For The Delay

Thanks.And you're welcome. I figured a little humor was needed around here, especially lately.
Gotta love the pogo stick!

I've wondered if the upcoming sim 'MS Flight' is a factor here. We don't know how much PMDG knows or doesn't know about the new sim. If we can assume for a minute that they know a lot, then they could take time now to determine what code would need to be changed. Also, since they developed the NGX to work outside of FSX limitations, that should work outside of the new sim too. This is all speculation of course, but I think the move from FSX to Flight may not be the hurdle we think it will. I'm not a programmer, but anyone else think that the NGX could already be 'Flight' ready?

........From "Day One" on this project, we have not projected a release timeline. I think some users forget this- and that is unfortunate. We have taken this approach because it prevents the development team from falling under the spell of some false timeline that is really meaningless.The only thing that matters to us is that the product be fully usable and not require excuses when you install it on your machine.You won't see us trying to explain away poorly coded LNAV/VNAV behavior as an artifact of some botched download process, nor will you see us trying to tell you that the airplane won't maintain the programmed flight altitude because you entered the wrong cost index, or have UAC running, you use the wrong anti-virus suite or some other distraction in an effort to take the focus off the fact that product quality is poor..........
Hi Robert,that is the same what I am saying in the Aerosoft Forum to the german guys.If you bring out early and there some bugs, then they are frustrated that you brought out a product with a lot of bugs.I understand that you want to bring out the product without any bugs.The guys are saying better to bring out now and then to bring out updates. Make for me no sense.We see what happened for example with the famous Game Gothic 3. Customers were very angry because had bugs.We see for example with Windows Vista. Customers were angry because of the bugs. They didn't update to Windows Vista.For me:Of course I would like to have the NGX right now. But do I want to have an airplane what is always crashing the FSX or some functions are not working correctly. Answer - NO. So I have time. I still have the 4100, MD11 and the 747-8. They make the time still comfortable. I saw that you made a test flight in the Online World. I think in the VATSIM network. If you have record it - I think that would be great when you could post it. So see how the airplane is landing on an airport. I think that could mitigate they waiting Customers a little bit.Cheers!

From "Day One" on this project, we have not projected a release timeline. I think some users forget this- and that is unfortunate. We have taken this approach because it prevents the development team from falling under the spell of some false timeline that is really meaningless.
Jan 2010 you had a video with 727ngx saying "coming summer 2010", then after that past you had on you product page for the 737ngx "coming 2010", that stayed until the weekend before Christmas, then it was changed to " coming soon"Is that not true?Simply an observation nothing more.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip