I recently had to rebuild my computer because I changed the psu and the motherboard because it had died. Now after reinstalling FSX, when I go to press SHIFT+Z to view my fps, I get the initial red text, but when I press the combination to get the text to show me my fps, new windows start popping up as if I had pressed SHIFT+1, then SHIFT+2, then SHIFT+3, etc. I went into the control settings and reset default and verified the SHIFT+Z command was set to show coordinates and FPS. As an example of what is happening, when I click to change the key for any action, when I first press SHIFT+Z, the input bar shows I have pressed SHIFT+Z. When I press it again, it shows I have pressed SHIFT+1 (or any other number). If I continue to press SHIFT+Z, FSX continues to think that I pressed SHIFT+any random number from 0-9. Any suggestions for this strange problem?Edit:I just realized that when I press any letter key, I receive numbers instead of the actual key in FSX.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Does your keyboard have a number pad integrated into the keys normally mapped to letters, like many laptops? If not, you may have a virus that has attached to your keyboard driver, or just a faulty keyboard. If you have another keyboard it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it.

I rebuilt the rig yesterday, but just today, I am also having trouble ejecting usb media (if that has anything to do with it). I will try an old ps2 keyboard and report the results. I have also uninstalled the keyboard driver and installed it again, but still the same problem.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero