Thanks for your feedback and success, Phil :Applause: In a week or two it's time for my regularly computer clean up. Graphics card out of the case. Case fan filters washed. Compressed on can to blow out all dust from graphics card, mobo and CPU fan. All connectors pulled out and inserted a couple of times to make sure any oxidation is removed. Finally check that CPU temp goes down a couple of degrees. If not - Time to give the CPU fan an overhaul with a brand new thermal paste.This is a standard procedure that I carry out at least 3 times a year.Another standard procedure that I use, which have been criticized here on Avsim, is to use two BIOS profiles. One is a none OC:ed profile that I always use when performing system updates (OS, drivers and such) and other critical activites such as defragmenting with O&O. This is to avoid getting important system files corrupted due to memory failures. A lot of us OC:ers know by experience that even if you've stressed test an OC with OCCT and other tools, your'e still able to get a good system crash when running FSX. A couple of years ago (15-20 years) FS was a recommended application to use when stress testing a system. And IMO still is :biggrin: Just my 2 cents.

Another standard procedure that I use, which have been criticized here on Avsim, is to use two BIOS profiles. One is a none OC:ed profile that I always use when performing system updates (OS, drivers and such) and other critical activites such as defragmenting with O&O. This is to avoid getting important system files corrupted due to memory failures. A lot of us OC:ers know by experience that even if you've stressed test an OC with OCCT and other tools, your'e still able to get a good system crash when running FSX. A couple of years ago (15-20 years) FS was a recommended application to use when stress testing a system. And IMO still is :biggrin: Just my 2 cents.
To me that is also the best way to go. I look at it this way - it may not be needed BUT if something *doesn't* work, it's one less thing to check. BTW, that's NickN's recommendation also. Can't believe people would give you static about that. Of course, there are those who do not believe in backups either......:)Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sadly guys, I spoke too soon.It seems, that what actually does the damage, is MoD Airborne and Sniper - Ghost Warrior. During play of both, a noticable change is apparant - lag. If I then try to use FSX, my frames are just 2 or 3!!!Is there any software I can use to actually monitor what happens to the drivers?cheers!

Hi Phil,just some questions;1. During play of these games, are you saying the lag starts after a period of time or is happening all the time?2. Are you playing these games On-Line or solo?3. Do you use FSX with any on-line apps. etc.4. What Anti virus program do you use, and do you disable it when playing games?5. Do you have any other Anti spyware type programs.After reading what you have done already, I personally don't think it's a driver issue, seems to me something is maybe running in the background, ie. updates or AV??or if you have been on line, maybe something is continuing when it shouldn't??Maybe we need to look a little deeper.Ron..

Hi Phil,just some questions;1. During play of these games, are you saying the lag starts after a period of time or is happening all the time?2. Are you playing these games On-Line or solo?3. Do you use FSX with any on-line apps. etc.4. What Anti virus program do you use, and do you disable it when playing games?5. Do you have any other Anti spyware type programs.After reading what you have done already, I personally don't think it's a driver issue, seems to me something is maybe running in the background, ie. updates or AV??or if you have been on line, maybe something is continuing when it shouldn't??Maybe we need to look a little deeper.Ron..
Hi Ron1> Starts after a period of time. Never straight away.2> Solo. I never play anything online.3> No online apps with FSX. I don't even use real world/time weather, just user defined.4> NOD32 Anti-virus, but currently uninstalled for checking and monitoring. Makes no difference though.5> No other AV or AS software installed.I've tried running with internet connection dessabled. It still happens. I've also tried using the task manager to close all non essential apps and services etc. I see nothing unusual running either.Seems once it's happend, the ONLY cure is a complete (and correct) driver remomoval and reinstallation.Never seen anything like it!

Hi Phil,well, that eliminates a known culprit with online games, ie. Punkbuster, but check it isn't installed. It is actually a rootkit and flagged by most anti spyware programsDo you have a video card monitoring program like MSI Afterburner, to check temps etc.? could be overheating??Really though, it sounds like you have the culprits, Try completely uninstalling those games and Steam as well, then fresh install. including all patches.I would do one at a time and check for a while before installing next one.This may help BEFORE re-installing drivers;There is the possibility that hardware acceleration or Direct3D is being turned off. worth checking.Press windows logo key (on keyboard with logo flag) + R key at the same time to bring up the 'run' box.Type in dxdiag.exe and press OK. ignore the WHQL message and on the main page check your info for any mismatches.(Note; don't panic if the RAM is only around 4 gig and you have more, it only reports what it can use )Select ..Display tab, check that direct3d, directdraw, etc. are ENABLED and there are no problems reported. XP allowed you to turn these off and on, but not win 7.may as well look through the other tabs, ie sound, to see if there are any reported errors.you cannot turn this ( direct3d ) on directly in win 7, but if disabled, try this workaround;repeat above to get the 'run' box, type "regedit" and open this key (click on the + signs): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D\Drivers ( do not click on + sign beside drivers just highlight )Double click (on the right hand side) the text "SoftwareOnly" and change the value from "1" to "0" ('0' is correct ) .Close the regedit program. Now run dxdiag.exe again to see if it worked, you may have to reboot.If this does not work then a driver, directX reinstall is neccessary.hope this helps,Ron.

Just my two cents....When playing those games, do you notice a lot of hard disk action?I had in the past also a problem and it then came down to DISable the S.M.A.R.T. function in the BIOS to save the day.Another possible solution is also linked to hard disk activity. Sometimes it's usefull to disable indexing for the harddisks on which your games are installed.Like I said, only my two cents out of personal experience in the past.I hope you get this sorted as soon as possible.Luc BrusselmansBelgium