Sign in to follow this  
medieval666

Need help!

Hey Guys,i'm about to go grazy and do really hope that someone can help. About 5 Months ago, i've had some trouble to get VTBS running on FS9, since it was never part of the game there was no AI traffic at all. After a few days, i found some step by step tutorial here in some forum on how to get my traffic 06 to use VTBS instead of VTBD. I wrote it down back then, and guess what. I can't find it anymore. Now i've got Incheon Airport downloaded, but My traffic uses Kimpo Airport for Asiana and Korean. I've tried to schedule a new bgl, but it did not work at all. Could one of you maybe give a step by step on how to do it? Starting with the Dump Airport List. I did already changed both Airlines Hub from RKSS to RKSI but compiling take only a few minutes without any result. When i did it in January it took 4 hours to finish it. Please help.ThanksTom

Hey Guys,i'm about to go grazy and do really hope that someone can help. About 5 Months ago, i've had some trouble to get VTBS running on FS9, since it was never part of the game there was no AI traffic at all. After a few days, i found some step by step tutorial here in some forum on how to get my traffic 06 to use VTBS instead of VTBD. I wrote it down back then, and guess what. I can't find it anymore. Now i've got Incheon Airport downloaded, but My traffic uses Kimpo Airport for Asiana and Korean. I've tried to schedule a new bgl, but it did not work at all. Could one of you maybe give a step by step on how to do it? Starting with the Dump Airport List. I did already changed both Airlines Hub from RKSS to RKSI but compiling take only a few minutes without any result. When i did it in January it took 4 hours to finish it. Please help.ThanksTom
I am not familiar with that version of MY Traffic, but the procedures for editing the Traffic file(s) should be the essentially the same.1. Determine the name(s) of the Traffic files involved. In the 05 (now freeware) version there were several Traffic files - one being named MyTrafficglobal.bgl - others include MyTrafficcargo.bgl etc.All should be located in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Make a backup first of any Traffic file you are going to be working with.2. Using Traffic Tools, decompile whichever Traffic file you choose to work with.This will provide you with three "text" (.txt) files which can be opened, viewed and edited with Notepad.a text file which has a listing of all the airports in use.a text file which contains a listing of all the aircraft to be useda text file which contains the actual flightplans which are to be used.3. Using Notepad, open the airports text file and add, if necessary, the airport data (using the same format you see) for any "new" airports involved. You can use the free Afcad utility by Lee Swordy to get that information (basic coordinates of the airport). Save your edited file.4. Again using Notepad, open the Flightplans text file and use the Search and Replace option on the file menu to find and automatically replace the ICAO codes in the flightplans. example: ask it to find all entries for KDAL and replace them with KDFW (just used local codes I am familiar with).This should only take a few seconds.Save your work.5. Recompile the three text files into a new Traffic file. This should only take a few seconds.You may want to change the name of the resulting new Traffic file to indicate you have edited it. example: MyTrafficglobal_new.bglBe sure to remove (disable) the original Traffic file(s) so you are only using the one(s) you have edited.Hope that is not too confusing.

I am not familiar with that version of MY Traffic, but the procedures for editing the Traffic file(s) should be the essentially the same.1. Determine the name(s) of the Traffic files involved. In the 05 (now freeware) version there were several Traffic files - one being named MyTrafficglobal.bgl - others include MyTrafficcargo.bgl etc.All should be located in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Make a backup first of any Traffic file you are going to be working with.2. Using Traffic Tools, decompile whichever Traffic file you choose to work with.This will provide you with three "text" (.txt) files which can be opened, viewed and edited with Notepad.a text file which has a listing of all the airports in use.a text file which contains a listing of all the aircraft to be useda text file which contains the actual flightplans which are to be used.3. Using Notepad, open the airports text file and add, if necessary, the airport data (using the same format you see) for any "new" airports involved. You can use the free Afcad utility by Lee Swordy to get that information (basic coordinates of the airport). Save your edited file.4. Again using Notepad, open the Flightplans text file and use the Search and Replace option on the file menu to find and automatically replace the ICAO codes in the flightplans.example: ask it to find all entries for KDAL and replace them with KDFW (just used local codes I am familiar with).This should only take a few seconds.Save your work.5. Recompile the three text files into a new Traffic file. This should only take a few seconds.You may want to change the name of the resulting new Traffic file to indicate you have edited it. example: MyTrafficglobal_new.bglBe sure to remove (disable) the original Traffic file(s) so you are only using the one(s) you have edited.Hope that is not too confusing.
Hey David,thank you for helping out again. In Fact it's not confusing at all. Only thing i did'nt do was to open these 3 files you've mentioned. Tried it though. But they appearrently can't be opend with notepad or any other programm. Dunno why. Anyway, i've made that Dumplist, opened MyTraffic Editor , loaded the existing traffic file. Then imported the traffic.txt and saved under a new name.After that, i moved to edit Airport, did some changes on their properties, like unchecking all hooks from the gate, ramp etc, did the opposite thing on Incheon. Then on Airline----> manage, took the ones i'd like to show up at the Airport, changed the ICAO's at the mainhub entry, saved it again, then create schedules, files and traffic, confirmed, and now it took him an hour to finish recalculating the schedules, and hey, IT WORKS!!!!!!! Can't believe it. Smile. Thanks again David, at least you could push me in the right direction.Greetings from Germany. Speak soon, take care.Tom