Sign in to follow this  
molleh

Another external FPS limiter (and video recorder) - DXtory

Thought I would link everyone a nice utility I use to limit FPS in FSX. It's called DXTory and is primarily a program for recording videos (like Fraps) but also has a frame limiter. Here is the page: http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.htmlThe reason I like this one over the other options:-the Java-based FPSLimiter v 0.2 requires a batch file to start which some add on programs don't like, plus sometimes it doesn't capture FSX right on startup with addons like EZCA.-the D3DAntilag has problems switching from windowed to fullscreen for some peopleIt's payware but you don't have to pay to use the limiter, it just takes 10 seconds to start the program and then it will open up a browser window whenever you close the utility.Make sure you disable the FPS overlay in DXTory's settings and set your FPS limit as well. Click the tab with the monitor with the little '69' to disable the overlay and then go to the tab with the chip icon to check the FPS limiter box and set your desired FPS. This useful little program also works in DX10 mode, and 8 and even 7 for older games that might benefit from a limited framerate.

Thank you. :( Work's like a charm, i'm on v.2.0.101. FSX run smooth and nice at +/- 30 fps (set to limit 30).Cheers

Thanks for HUWorks nicely on my system. But yet, I cannot say if its better then the other fps limiters which have been discussed here. Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Take a look at Bandicam ( http://www.bandicam.com/ )... I've been using this program for a while and works like a charm... It can record fullscreen or an area selected by the user, take snapshots, it has a FPS limiter that allows you to remove the limiter while running FSX to see your real FPS and then reactivate the limiter without exiting FSX... and above all.... Recording are supersmooth compared with Fraps...BTW... It's payware...Dexter...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Interesting, the first one that seams to work local here correct, have to check more... Well it fluctuates to much it left my HD

André

Does this have to be configured in any way? I followed the OPs instructions and my fps behaved as if it was stuck on Unlimited. I was averaging 56fps not 30 as i'd set in Dxtory.

Really nice limiter, But I have FSX detection problem on new versions , asked on Dxtory forum but still no satisfied answer.any one have similar problem or solution for this? http://forum.dxtory....php?topic=961.0 Thanks
Hello again, I would like to inform this problem is solved on 2.0.109 and it works great again with FSX.dance.gif