Sign in to follow this  
leppakot

NGX bird strike question

Is there any bird strike scenarios included in NGX failure system and how deeply they are modelled if they are there?It would be nice to see broken windshields and random engine failures after strikes. Also differences between compressor ingestion and bypass ingestion would be cool!It has been pleasure to follow discussion during developement of ngx and highly appreciate your precision and "bug free launch" strategy!(sorry for bad english)Cheers,Tapio Leppäkoski

How come everyone wants to break their shiny new NG?Seems like every other questions is, have you included simulated the wings falling off? etcAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Exactly my opinion. I want to fly from A to B. WITH A COMPLETE AIRCRAFT!!!! :( :(

regards,

Alexander Marx

I'm not a computer programmer, but I would assume a broken windshield would not be possible. The developers have mentioned something about reaching a limit on animations, which I guess would not allow them to simulate what you are refering to.

Totally agree about flying from point A to point B.. However different kind of failure scenarios gives great way to practice QRH abnormal flows and adds this way realism to simulator flying.Just my two Euros :Thinking:Tapio Leppäkoski

I'm not a computer programmer, but I would assume a broken windshield would not be possible. The developers have mentioned something about reaching a limit on animations, which I guess would not allow them to simulate what you are refering to.
No animation required for this. You just place an overlay image of shattered glass on the cockpit window. It has been done in the LDS 767 (not sure if FS2Crew added this though).

I just don't understand why nobody has asked about the coffee-spilled-in-lap failure, or the I-dropped-my-pen-between-the-seat-and-aft-electronics-panel failure. Our favorite is of course the I-have-a-worthless-FO failure. State of the art stuff. We'll just rip out all the stuff we've been working on for a couple of years and build a new plane full of bug splats and cracked glass, flushing lavs and never-ending cabin chimes.(yes, I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning Rolling%20Eyes.gif)

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I just don't understand why nobody has asked about the coffee-spilled-in-lap failure, or the I-dropped-my-pen-between-the-seat-and-aft-electronics-panel failure. Our favorite is of course the I-have-a-worthless-FO failure. State of the art stuff. We'll just rip out all the stuff we've been working on for a couple of years and build a new plane full of bug splats and cracked glass, flushing lavs and never-ending cabin chimes.(yes, I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning Rolling%20Eyes.gif)
Thanks for your answer, cleared this thing up!Tapio Leppäkoski

Tapio if you are really insisting on the bird strike thing maybe you should have a look at the X-Plane 9.. With the recent add-on aircraft from J-Rollon and the updates in v9.70 (+plus some amazing addon scenery), the X-fliers are chasing us quite closely. On top of that they have nice additions implemented in the software, that we - the FS-fliers don't.[Disclaimer] I have all of the above and tried it, but no thanks.. I remain truly FSX dedicated fan..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Lol.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

That would be cool! I'm awaiting to fly KATL-Glacier Park Intl. as it is the only 737NG route I'm interested in for Delta ops. The 777 will be a largely used product of mine, lets hope its quicker out than this...

Inactive

FSX doesn't even know where it's raining. And now you want it to know where birds are?

Why is everyone getting so worked up? He asked a simple question, regarding one of the most common failures, if it's possible to replicate or not. I didn't see him "insisting on" anything.Sometimes I feel sorry for people who ask simple questions here. If it's not an easy thing to answer, suddenly everyone's if not ridiculing, at least criticizing the OP a lot.Kristoff, did it occur to you that a bird strike is something that usually causes a particular failure scenario / particular technical consequences. You don't need birds to simulate that kind of scenario.if PMDG is offering failures and a failure mode in the NGX, then it's completely OK to ask questions on failures here.Tero

PPL(A)