Sign in to follow this  
fbass

I Give Up

Well, I quit. I re-installed FSX again (3rd) time. The program appeared to be working just fine. Aircraft displayed. Flying OK. I added one scenery package back into the configuration and once again there was no aircraft display.I don't know what has gotten into my system but all of this is just not worth it. My anti-virus software does not report any problems with the system. I'm thinking about putting my cockpit up for sale and let someone else experience the headaches.fb

And what scenery package was that?I just read your previous post on aircraft not displaying in the preview window in FSX. Could you give us some information on your system, hardware and OS (mobo, cpu, ram, graphics card brand and model, Windows version. If you've OC:ed your system some info about that could be helpful) ?

And what scenery package was that?Could you give us some information on your system, hardware and OS (mobo, cpu, ram, graphics card brand and model, Windows version. If you've OC:ed your system some info about that could be helpful) ?
Ulf B is right on - tell us a little something about your set up and maybe some of us can lend a hand. That is the trouble with re-installing when you run into a technical glitch, which unfortunately can be quite frequent with FSX - reinstalling is just a laborious and time-consuming shot in the dark, and you never figure out what the problem was in the first place. Aside from Ulf B's question about which scenery you installed, which is obviously important, some other possibilities also come to mind - are you running DX10 preview? What is your bufferpools setting? Are you using D3D Overrider or ATI Tray Tools? Do you have updated drivers installed for your graphics card? Do you have the latest Direct X? Are you using Bojote's Shader mod without the proper fsx.cfg setting? Etc. All of these things could affect the preview display.

This is a shot in the dark but be sure whatever default plane you are using is still installed. I know it sounds silly, but this happened to me once. I removed a addon plane that was set as the default, without actually changing the default plane in the sim. All I got was a black window in the preview and no planes would show. It drove me nuts until I figured out it was 'pilot error' :(

Jay

This is a shot in the dark but be sure whatever default plane you are using is still installed. I know it sounds silly, but this happened to me once. I removed a addon plane that was set as the default, without actually changing the default plane in the sim. All I got was a black window in the preview and no planes would show. It drove me nuts until I figured out it was 'pilot error' :(
And if OP didn't manually remove FSX-folders, such as C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and C:\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSXthe cause of the problem might still be present in the reinstalled FSX.

I'm putting my money on DX10 Preview being checked. Make sure it's unchecked.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm putting my money on DX10 Preview being checked. Make sure it's unchecked.
Running FSX in DX10 preview mode doesn't cause OPs problem in FSX on my system..

And we already tried that in a previous thread.

Just another shot in the dark from here. Since it seemed to happen after installing a scenery package, have you checked to see if there are any updates for that scenery, or if anyone else has encountered the same issue using the same scenery? If you disable the scenery, do your planes come back?Just throwing that out there as possible things to try, as I haven't encountered the issue myself. I hope you don't give up, and can get it sorted, as I was looking forward to your review of the GoFlight Annunciators.Sorry I can't be more helpful, but hoping you are able to get it all sorted.-George

Well, I quit.  I re-installed FSX again (3rd) time.  The program appeared to be working just fine.  Aircraft displayed.  Flying OK.  I added one scenery package back into the configuration and once again there was no aircraft display.I don't know what has gotten into my system but all of this is just not worth it.  My anti-virus software does not report any problems with the system.  I'm thinking about putting my cockpit up for sale and let someone else experience the headaches.fb
SP1 and SP2?

Answer: Acc Pack (that is SP2). Read posters first post. Might avoid suggestions/questions already asked and answered: http://forum.avsim.n...st-frustrating/
you are an ..... , i still dont see that he mention ACC pack in OP's post in this thread. You expect me to know what he posted in another thread? Comments like yours dont add to the positive for the community.   

OK guys, let's not go postal.My system: ASUS P6X58D mobo, Intel i7 X980 3.3GHz Extreme CPU, Corsair RAM 12Gb, Ultra X4 1600W PSU, NVidia 480GTX WC, NVidia GTX9800, (1) 480Gb OCZ VERTEX3 SSD, (2) 1.5Tb WD HDD, (1) 1 Tb WDC Black, Pioneer BD-ROM, Matrox Triplehead2Go Digital screen extender, (3) Samsung SynMaster T260HD flat panels, (1) Samsung SyncMaster 943, Thermaltake Armor Lcs case with liquid cooling (CPU), and a custom liquid cooling system for GPU. In addition, I have all the GoFlight modules, an ACE yoke, HOTAS Warthog by Thrustmaster, SimTechnik pedals, 7 IoGear powered USB hubs Logitech ITX surround sound system, and some other stuff.Software: Windows7 64-bit, MS FSX Acceleration, approximately 300 scenery packages (Aerosoft, Akesoft, Flightbeam, Eiresim, DreeCS, Blueprint Sim, FranceVFR, FSAddon, FSDreamTeam, ORBX, OZx, RealNZ, Samsoft, SimMarket, SweScen, TropicalSim, UK2000, Vidan Design, etc. I have most of the scenery packages from these developers.Also, HiFi XGraphics and Active Sky Evolution, EMBserie fo MSFS, ShadersHLSL, Game Booster 2, NHancer, NVidiaInspector, GoFlight configuration software, and a number of other packages. For security I use the payware version of AVG Internet Pro, Glary Registry Repair, Ad-Aware, and Reg-Cure. My network router has built-in firmware using encrypted access codes.I have more than 9,000 AI aircraft installed; a number of "flying" aircraft including all PMDG products, Aerosoft Airbus, CaptainSim C-130, a couple of Carenado aircraft, Wilco E-Jets, Flight1 BN-2, PC-12, ATR, Justflight L049 Constellation, and a number of other aircraft I didn't install this time.Regarding the scenery installed - I just picked one at random - FlyTampa St Maarten.Regarding DX10 - I've never run DX10 preview and no, the box was not checked.Regarding BUFFERPOOLS (as per automated config file tweaker on the AVSIM forum site:[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=1RejectThreshold=102400PoolSize=6000000Regarding D3D Overrider or ATI Tray Tools - I don't know what those are so I'm probably not using themRegarding Bojote's Shader mod - I'm using this but I can't remember what the suggested cfg setting is.Regarding other fsx.cfg file settings - I'm using the suggested settings offered by *******.Regarding graphics card driver - I'm using the latest one - 275.33Regarding default aircraft - all are installed with proper model file, air file, and texture folders plus a valid aircraft.cfg file. NOTE: The default aircraft properly displays when I start out with no scenery loaded.Regarding the display window - the only thing missing is the rotating aircraft display - the background scenery is visible.Regarding FSX configuration folders - I checked these after uninstall and all files were removed - ...ProgramData and Roaming foldersRegarding scenery package updates - I keep all of my packages updated; I have a folder that contains every version number and the registration file - all updated.Regarding disabling scenery - several times this worked. I executed FSX and the default aircraft (and others) displayed. Once I added all my scenery (not display) and several times when I inactivated all but the default packages - the aircraft displayed. At some point in all of this, the aircraft display stopped working - period.Sorry for the length here, but there were a lot of questions. One point - my FSX system has been stable for quite some time. That's with all those scenery packages and all the aircraft (both flying and AI). My trouble really started with I took my system offline to clean it and install the SSD. The SSD has all my FSX files on it for increased speed. I also started having trouble after another "wonderful" MD Windows7 update - go figure.Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. This is really the first time I've had these problems - aren't I lucky!!!!Right now I'm to the point where I'm going to start over one more time. I'm going to place a new Windows7 install on my hard drive. This time I will not allow the installer to download all the changes that have taken place since I first purchased Windows7. That initial install was the most stable and trouble-free that I can remember. I'm also going to clean the Registry afterwards.I'll try a new FSX install and see if I can get it to operate properly. I'm going to run a special virus scan against the system to see if something has crept into the mix.FrankNote: I don't use defrag software on my FSX SSD. This is solid-state and defragging is unnecessary. I do use it on all my other drives.

Frank, don't give up. You have been at this too long (if this is the FBass I remember from PAI back a few years ago). My guess is it is something really stupid or a driver issue.What do you get when you get in to the sim? Do the aircraft display then?When you reinstalled, did you use a fresh FSX.cfg?Did you move any aircraft to a new simobjects folder? Regardless of your answer, is that folder recognized in the FSX.cfg?From time to time (FSX, FS9), I have gotten black windows in the rotating view. I think it has to do with video drivers and it is something I just put up with. I have not had a situation where I couldn't see any aircraft in the selection screen.In the selection screen, what do you see? Are aircraft listed with no thumbnails? Are default aircraft listed? Do you have "display all variations" checked.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Get rid of those tweaks. The only tweak you want initially is highmemfix=1 under GRAPHICS section.You may want the wide screen fix as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |