Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

I Guess CYVR By Addicted To Airspace Has Been Dropped

Jonathan Gabbert has not updated in 4 month as of today which is not a good sign,I have tried contacting him on Facebook as well with no response So sad this was a very nice project. I also feel sad for our flightsim family in YVR this is the 2nd time that YVR has been discontinued if you all remember the old SIMFLYERS was developing it before the big team break up. http://jgabbert.wordpress.com/Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Anyone agree...disagree...Am I jumping the patient gun again????

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

Johnathan has not said anything but I imagine, like many of us, real life get's in the way of simming....It would be nice to see the project finished for sure as his progress work looked great.

Wasn't Simflyers working on KMSP and/or KBFI?
yes they were as well as CYVR then the team had a parting of waves.... I actually have a copy of KBFI 90% from being a BETA tester..it was looking very sweet.
Johnathan has not said anything but I imagine, like many of us, real life get's in the way of simming....It would be nice to see the project finished for sure as his progress work looked great.
Still not an excuse...it would take 10 seconds to post a status update and at least talk to us...10 seconds.

It reminds me of another freeware developer who abandoned his project that was 90% completed. I don't understand why they just don't release it as is. Arrogance or what ?If they aren't going to follow through they shouldn't be broadcasting it all over the web (for years)......some payware people do it too...Cheers/Greg

This stuff is not the first or last "vapour ware" you will see so I suggest not letting the hype get to you fellows so much. While I too would love to see this make the library here I do not feel anyone owes me anything or that they are arrogant if it does not.Not like we didn't get what we paid for.......

It reminds me of another freeware developer who abandoned his project that was 90% completed. I don't understand why they just don't release it as is. Arrogance or what ?
Even with all the caveats, *disclaimers, and HUGE RED LETTERS in the world, if someone who designed a freeware package releases it only 90% complete, there will be an inordinate number of people raising holy hell because the product isn't finished, not working correctly, this widget is in the wrong spot, etc. etc. etc.I'd HATE to have my name associated with any sort of unfinished project. Most freeware developers want their name associated with a good, complete project. They have their pride, and if they cannot finish the project to their liking, it is not worth releasing it half-baked to see what happens. For whatever the reason, these developers opted to step away from their development and do something else. It doesn't really matter why, but they have. Such is life sometimes! Although it'd be nice to see what was going on, freeware developers usually make these projects for themselves first - THEY want to use the product they are developing. The product is for them first, and for us second. Sometimes making your intentions to work on a freeware project known acts as encouragement to continue, but real life and higher priorities might still get in the way. Although I too would be disappointed if someone was working on a freeware version of a scenery area I'd like to fly in and had to stop working on it (announced or unannounced), at least I can fairly say that I didn't invest anything into the project except for anticipation. In the end, I have to ask who's more arrogant: The freeware developer who stops at the 11th hour without releasing anything, or the end-user who demands the release of something?

We are talking about freeware here. If the author chooses, for whatever reason, not to continue development that is his decision. He's under no obligation to explain anything and frankly - based on the arrogant attitudes shown by some posters - I certainly wouldn't now bother responding at all if I were him.

A nice CYVR scenery would be cool as i live on Vancouver Island and most of my "i got an hour let's fly!" flights are CYQQ-CYVR. But, as others have already said, to some of us real life things take priority over simming.I personally appreciate all the freeware developers that take time out from their lives to create these works of art but understandalso that life comes first.Also as someone else has already pointed out, it's freeware. you get what you pay for.

A nice CYVR scenery would be cool as i live on Vancouver Island and most of my "i got an hour let's fly!" flights are CYQQ-CYVR. But, as others have already said, to some of us real life things take priority over simming.I personally appreciate all the freeware developers that take time out from their lives to create these works of art but understandalso that life comes first.Also as someone else has already pointed out, it's freeware. you get what you pay for.
I guess what I find arrogant is when they just throw up their arms and quit and never bother at least to say they QUIT. I don't care if they have other priority's, what I do care for is those not stringing people along like they are still engaged like keeping a blog site with progress images up instead of taking it down. What is sad on this project is the time spent trying to enhance the downtown YVR scenery could have been spent on the airport....do the other stuff later.I also don't understand is why they don't offer the project to the highest bidder,basically selling their name off the project and letting someone else do what they like... I almost would a fair price + a fair royalty to purchase it and finish it to my liking and release it.

I guess what I find arrogant is when they just throw up their arms and quit and never bother at least to say they QUIT. I don't care if they have other priority's, what I do care for is those not stringing people along like they are still engaged like keeping a blog site with progress images up instead of taking it down. What is sad on this project is the time spent trying to enhance the downtown YVR scenery could have been spent on the airport....do the other stuff later.I also don't understand is why they don't offer the project to the highest bidder,basically selling their name off the project and letting someone else do what they like... I almost would a fair price + a fair royalty to purchase it and finish it to my liking and release it.
What really is arrogant is your assumption that you have any right to anything. He simply let us know what it was developing as freeware. There was no question of stringing people along. What you understand or don't understand is irrelevant. He was developing it and he can choose to do whatever he likes with it. None of of have any idea what changes may have happened in his life, or even what tragedies may have occured. Regardless, the immature and selfish can only complain that he hasn't done what they think he should have done.

Jonathan Gabbert has not updated in 4 month as of today which is not a good sign,I have tried contacting him on Facebook as well with no response So sad this was a very nice project. I also feel sad for our flightsim family in YVR this is the 2nd time that YVR has been discontinued if you all remember the old SIMFLYERS was developing it before the big team break upHey, on the bright side,Duke Nukem Forever is finally outhttp://jgabbert.wordpress.com/Randy

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

He will be back. At least I hope so. He has had large gaps before. Just look at how many years he has been working on it.... I think he will finish it. It's just that he keeps expanding the scenery. If the airport is done, he should give us that and he can keep working on all the other stuff that's outside the airport through updates.Now this project is dead for sure. No word from this guy for a year... Sigh... http://www.epkk.pl/

He will be back. At least I hope so. He has had large gaps before. Just look at how many years he has been working on it.... I think he will finish it. It's just that he keeps expanding the scenery. If the airport is done, he should give us that and he can keep working on all the other stuff that's outside the airport through updates.Now this project is dead for sure. No word from this guy for a year... Sigh... http://www.epkk.pl/
I guess then many designers have A.D.D. thats the only reason I can think of to pull out of a project especially when the srcreen-shots look like it is almost done.