Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

I Guess CYVR By Addicted To Airspace Has Been Dropped

Why does anyone think he should give us anything? Newmanix, were you not the one that went into a rant when SunSkyJet was late releasing the free KPHL? I know you love your scenery like I do but seriously.You fellows crack me up.... :(

Why does anyone think he should give us anything? Newmanix, were you not the one that went into a rant when SunSkyJet was late releasing the free KPHL? I know you love your scenery like I do but seriously.You fellows crack me up.... :(
My issue there was with the fact of having a forum and not giving any updates... Having a site is one thing. Having a forum and keeping people in the dark is another. So yes, alot of people got upset and voiced their opinions there and they locked the forum if I remember correctly. And my rant I was agreeing with a point someone else was making. The real funny thing is, they didn't get KPHL AES'd so I uninstalled it....This CYVR guy Jonathan G did not start up a forum for fans and promise release dates not delivered for over a year while not at least giving updates about it. Yes it's free but when you open a forum, you are giving expectations and my point was/is valid. Jonathan G. is not giving us any expectations other then he will release it and it will be free so nothing to argue with there unless he goes back on that promise. Honestly, I would not argue if he did decide to sell it.Those are very valid points so you can stop cracking yourself up now. :(

My issue there was with the fact of having a forum and not giving any updates... Having a site is one thing. Having a forum and keeping people in the dark is another. So yes, alot of people got upset and voiced their opinions there and they locked the forum if I remember correctly. And my rant I was agreeing with a point someone else was making. The real funny thing is, they didn't get KPHL AES'd so I uninstalled it....This CYVR guy Jonathan G did not start up a forum for fans and promise release dates not delivered for over a year while not at least giving updates about it. Yes it's free but when you open a forum, you are giving expectations and my point was/is valid. Jonathan G. is not giving us any expectations other then he will release it and it will be free so nothing to argue with there unless he goes back on that promise. Honestly, I would not argue if he did decide to sell it.Those are very valid points so you can stop cracking yourself up now. :(
Actually you went on a rant here in AVSIM forums. And it turns out you got upset for nothing as it was an airport you do not even use. You're cracking me up again LOL.gif What I find amazing is the sense of entitlement some simmers feel from freeware developers. I do not understand why anyone would do stuff for free when some simmers act like they are entitled to it and that the freeware developer owes them something.As Greggerm said, I suppose most freeware guys do the extensive labour for their own satisfaction and for those that do appreciate it.

Actually you went on a rant here in AVSIM forums. And it turns out you got upset for nothing as it was an airport you do not even use. You're cracking me up again LOL.gif What I find amazing is the sense of entitlement some simmers feel from freeware developers. I do not understand why anyone would do stuff for free when some simmers act like they are entitled to it.As Greggerm said, I suppose most freeware guys do it for their own satisfaction and for those that do appreciate it.
If freeware or payware developers choose to not give a since of expectation there will be no since of expectation of the end users. I don't know where you are getting enitilement from, perhaps you don't know the difference or perhaps you like to simply tell yourself that in order to continue to crack yourself up??Also I am not stupid, I am aware that topic was here.And there was an expectation KPHL would have AES because that expectation was given in their forum to which also didn't happen. I know the only POV you can see here is yours so lets just agree to disagree before there is a need for an admin to intervene. Thanks BTW for bringing up a several month old topic which has absolutely nothing to do with this.:( Please get back onto THIS topic.

This is exactly what I am talking about. This is about simmers complaining about freeware.How some simmers, such as you, have a SENSE of entitlement. Why can't some simmers just be happy that some people are KIND enough to do things like this for free instead of ranting or critiquing something they did not get, or in your case, you did not get what you expected in timely fashion....I see you rant on payware forums and all the power to you (and I agree with you 99% of the time), we paid for it. But give your heads a shake guys. This is freeware. Lower your expectations? If you do not understand that....

This is exactly what I am talking about. This is about simmers complaining about freeware.How some simmers, such as you, have a SENSE of entitlement. Why can't some simmers just be happy that some people are KIND enough to do things like this for free instead of ranting or critiquing something they did not get, or in your case, you did not get what you expected in timely fashion....I see you rant on payware forums and all the power to you (and I agree with you 99% of the time), we paid for it. But give your heads a shake guys. This is freeware. Lower your expectations? If you do not understand that....
You clearly missed the point. As I expected you would.:(

If freeware or payware developers choose to not give a since of expectation there will be no since of expectation of the end users.
Freeware developers by saying what they are working on don't give any sense of expectation, except in the minds of those too immature to understand the reality of the situation.

Both freeware and payware developers take the flight simming experience to new heights with each release. I have never minded paying for products I want and there are several projects that I would love to see done, either way. The only thing that disappoints me about a major freeware development that is either cancelled or keeps getting pushed out is that payware developers may have chosen not to do these airports because it was already in progress, and they feel the market may not support a dual effort, which really creates a delay in availability.That said, a sceneriy is a beautiful work of art and it is a sad loss to the simming community when a project is cancelled. It would be nice when that is indeed the case, for whatever reason, the developer would pass it along for another developer who is able and willing to help complete it.

You clearly missed the point. As I expected you would.:(
I guess I did miss your point. What is it exactly? Let me see here.....in your eyes if a freeware developer post images on a website of a project they are working on, they can drop the project and it is ok with you? But if they have a forum and drop the project, or they are late getting it out, you have a green light to rant? Also, you do not think you're entitled to this freeware but you do have expectations if they announce anything, including just a picture website with no forum? And if your expectations are not met you again have a green light to rant? Do I understand you? Is that your point? If it is your point, you really are more mature than that are you not Newmanix?I have helpful advice for simmers like you Newmanix, do not expect something for nothing. This way if you do end up getting something for FREE, you can really enjoy it. And if you do not get something, you have zero expectations so no harm done and no loss to you.Do you understand what I am saying?As for payware teams skipping over scenery because freeware guys are working on it. BAH! We now have three versions of LSZH....if a developer thinks it will sell, they will do it no matter who else is doing it or has done it. LGAV is another one that comes to mind. A little bit of of angst over at the FT forums as a Greek Team was a little upset George has taken this one on.

I guess I did miss your point. What is it exactly? Let me see here.....in your eyes if a freeware developer post images on a website of a project they are working on, they can drop the project and it is ok with you? But if they have a forum and drop the project, or they are late getting it out, you have a green light to rant? Also, you do not think you're entitled to this freeware but you do have expectations if they announce anything, including just a picture website with no forum? And if your expectations are not met you again have a green light to rant? Do I understand you? Is that your point? If it is your point, you really are more mature than that are you not Newmanix?I have helpful advice for simmers like you Newmanix, do not expect something for nothing. This way if you do end up getting something for FREE, you can really enjoy it. And if you do not get something, you have zero expectations so no harm done and no loss to you.Do you understand what I am saying?As for payware teams skipping over scenery because freeware guys are working on it. BAH! We now have three versions of LSZH....if a developer thinks it will sell, they will do it no matter who else is doing it or has done it. LGAV is another one that comes to mind. A little bit of of angst over at the FT forums as a Greek Team was a little upset George has taken this one on.
altstiffPlease put away the word entitled. this thread is not about being entitled. My main issue I wanted to express is why cant people/scenery designers in particular just take 5 seconds and give an update on a monthly basis. Personally I currently have 2 scenery projects on my hard drive but I am not ready to start a blog page,post screen shots and make it look like the project is almost done. I wont do that until it is ready to be released - 1 month.5-seconds that is all it takes a month to say "I'm still having personal issues" "I am still working on it thanks for your patients" and it also take 5-seconds to say "I QUIT THIS PROJECT" and take your blog down soon after. .I don't discriminate between payware and freeware that is advertised much the same way as payware.Mostly I was asking if anyone here knew anything about it...obviously Johnathan Gabbert doesn't visit Avsim enough to defend himself.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I too am outraged at Mr. Gabbert....because he gets to fly a Metroliner, and I don't! The nerve.Otherwise, I don't think the animus is justified. We're talking about a computer game, folks, and real life takes precedent, or it should. If he took your money and didn't deliver, then have at him, but otherwise no warranty is implied.:)

John G.

Mr. Pitts I am not too sure I envy Mr.Gabbert that much. I once asked former senior Cpt. Mike Simmons from the now defunct Zoom airlines if in all his years, he ever had an in flight Emergency. He said "only once, an engine caught fire in a Metroliner I was flying". :( Flynman, Mr.Gabbert has said nothing either way on the status of CYVR on his blog. Consider this please. Maybe his computer broke and he has no money to replace it or he lost his job and has no internet. Maybe he is too busy flying real planes in the bush with no internet connection? Maybe (chance forbid) something terrible happened in his life such as a tornado hit his house, , perhaps even worse, he became ill? Maybe he just does not care as you say? You get the idea.....What ever the case, you say that he is "arrogant" and "stringing you along".Let us assume you are correct about Mr. Gabbert and that with no updates in months on his blog that he has packed it in and is stringing us along still. Maybe you can just ignore his blog? You lose nothing by doing this and you will not be strung along anymore.One day I do hope to fly into or out of his CYVR, and if not, I'll fly into and out of some place else among the hundreds of payware/freeware airports I have. Not a big deal really, as Pitts said, it's just a game for having fun.Now I'm done with this thread. I have learned something here. I keep repeating myself and have come to see that no matter how many times you slice it, some people just don't get it. :(

Now I'm done with this thread. I have learned something here. I keep repeating myself and have come to see that no matter how many times you slice it, some people just don't get it. :(
Now look who's whinning.... and now I am cracking up!!!!!!Thank you. And bye bye now Mr. "...everyone doesn't see things my way - so they are just entitled - and just don't get it - despite all the time taken out of my life to write these long paragraphs to make people see things my way..." At the end of the day you are no better than what you are accusing "entitled people" of. You act like you are entitled for everyone to see things your way and you clearly spent alot of your abundant free time trying...

why cant people/scenery designers in particular just take 5 seconds and give an update on a monthly basis. Personally I currently have 2 scenery projects on my hard drive but I am not ready to start a blog page,post screen shots and make it look like the project is almost done. I wont do that until it is ready to be released - 1 month. 5-seconds that is all it takes a month to say "I'm still having personal issues" "I am still working on it thanks for your patients" and it also take 5-seconds to say "I QUIT THIS PROJECT" and take your blog down soon after. .
I agree. Doesn't take a lot of time and it can be done for free if needed. Anything is better than nothing, IMHO. And that has nothing to do with rights or entitlement or whatever, it's the decent thing to do. (Like we are polite to the devs, well, most of us...) Even if you say, "you all suck, I'm done", I can respect that.:(

Mike...

I agree. Doesn't take a lot of time and it can be done for free if needed. Anything is better than nothing, IMHO. And that has nothing to do with rights or entitlement or whatever, it's the decent thing to do. (Like we are polite to the devs, well, most of us...) Even if you say, "you all suck, I'm done", I can respect that.:(
It's also the decent thing not to tell other peiople what they should do, especially when you have no idea of what caused them to stop