Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

ACA2005 error

Hello flight simmers. I hope this is the correct forum regarding my problem with dissapearing AI traffic. I have FS2004. I have been using it since it came out in the market. I also own Ultimate Traffic, and like many of you, as its flight schedules become outdated, I like to add recent flightplans and delete the carriers that are no longer in service which were loaded in Ultimate Traffic. however, in doing so, I noticed that some AI aircraft started to "dissapear". For example, I disabled the old Delta Air Lines flightplans from UT, and loaded the most recent AI flightplans. As a former Delta employee, I love seeing Delta flying around in my FlightSim and love to keep its aicraft up to date. Most recently Delta completed repainting the entire fleet in its current livery (red widget), so I updated all of the repaints as well. Since then, I no longer see my 747s, and 737s displayed anymore. I also noticed that many other airlines are dissapearing too and I have not even dissabled them from the UT list. After reading this forum, I realized that the ACA2005 tool may help in finding the error. However, every time I start that program I get the following error message: "There are duplicate titles in your [FLTSIM] sections!. Use the error scan 'Unique Titles' to find these and correct them. After that rescan your aircraft list and (Press F5) "OK" . However, this error message window does not close no matter how many times I press the OK button and it won't even let me go to the ACA2005 program. The only way I can close it is by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and close the program. Is there a way to get out of that mode without having to close the program?. Also, where is the error scan "Unique Titles" found?. Thanks for your help. :(

I suspect you have duplicate titles. So sorting them out is your main priority. You could keep clicking on OK, there may be that many duplicates, but an alternative is to download ACA2007 Light. It's not an update or replacement to ACA2005, but it should allow you to do a quick scan, sort out some issues and then hopefully go back to ACA2005.You are using the latest version of ACA2005, right?

Mike...

Thanks Mike. I was able to download the latest version of ACA2005 and the program is now working perfectly. I found several duplicate files. I'll spend a lot of time going over these files and getting familiar with the program. Thanks again. :(

As a beginner, I like the ACA2007 Light version better. I'll keep on "studying" the ACA2005. I'm looking for a tutorial :(

There is a PDF included with ACA2005, called "Documentation", have you checked it out? It's a good start.

Mike...

As a beginner, I like the ACA2007 Light version better.
It is definitely newer but when you compare it you will quickly see it offers only a small part of the ACA2005 options.So I use both. ACA2007 for quick regular traffic checks and ACA2005 for occassional D checks or problems unsolvable with the later version.The only side effect of ACA2005 is it gives me an error when I want to check double AFCADs, but fortunately I have ScanAFD for this purpose.

As I become more familiar with ACA2005, I noticed I added some static aircraft to one of my sceneries developed by someone else. The .bgls deleted many of my flightplans and deleted aicraft.cfg folder when installing its own aircraft. To be specific, I had downloaded static F27s for the SPIM scenery for a group of Naval aircraft. Its folder displaced all of my airlines listed in the aircraft.cfg, which I had to restore. As I did this, I wanted to use the ACA2005 program and run into this error message:"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Could not find the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\airlines.cfg' "I don't remember deleting the 'airlines.cfg' file. It is not in my recycle folder either. Is there a way to recover such folder? :(

I don't remember deleting the 'airlines.cfg' file. It is not in my recycle folder either. Is there a way to recover such folder?
You can search for this file on your FS9 CD's or (better) use EditVoicepack to update (rebuild in this case) your airlines.cfg (you'll find this option in EVP under Tools).However I'm only thinking aloud as I've never lost it.

Hi Rafal. I tried the EVP suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Using the FS9 CDs, wouldn't this be same as a 're-install'?. I'm only thinking that, what will it happen to all of the airlines and sceneries and many add-ons I installed...will I have to re-install of them again?. If not, which CD will the airline.cfg be found? :(

which CD will the airline.cfg be found?
Do a search on CD1.Don't start the install, just explore the content of the CD and copy the file. It's in MSGAME1.CAB.It contains only default airlines, so after you place it in your Aircraft folder, do launch EVP and perform the update.

You are Amazing Rafal! :( Your suggestion worked!. I couldn't believe how many aircraft and textures I had in my aircraft folder. Before doing this "procedure" I wanted to make a back up of my aircraft file. It actually took 40 minutes to make a copy of that folder. I followed your instructions, and after running an update with the EVP, I saw the entire aircraft folder being "re-populated" with all of the airlines. ACA2005 is working again. Since I had a copy of the Aircraft folder, I decided to delete it, and even the recycle bin wasn't large enough to store all those files. Amazing how much information Flight Simulator files have to be processed by the computer in order to enjoy the game. Thanks again, I learned something new today. My next project: Installing my FS9v1 update to run my Quality Wings Boeing 757. For some reason I am getting an "Update Error Type:34" as it cannot install the update. I don't like the idea of having to re-install FS9. I am affraid I may loose all of my add-ons (and there are hundreds of them) :(

Your suggestion worked!
My pleasure to be able to help you.
I don't like the idea of having to re-install FS9
Yes, this is something nobody likes and I always do it as my last option (if so, then together with Windows and all other software reinstall, which takes much less time, lol).Nice flying!