Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

WOAI Flt Plans Question

I am currently using the WOAI packages which I really like. My question is are there more current flt plans (mainly interested in SWA and United) and how do they work with my WOAI aircraft. Do I have to manually change every flt in the plans to work with my WOAI Aircraft? Any easy way to do it? Thanks for any help.Brad

I am currently using the WOAI packages which I really like. My question is are there more current flt plans (mainly interested in SWA and United) and how do they work with my WOAI aircraft. Do I have to manually change every flt in the plans to work with my WOAI Aircraft? Any easy way to do it? Thanks for any help.Brad
Hi,You can search here (or FlightSim or AIG) for newer flight plans, but you would have to do all the work of installing AI aircraft, airline textures--not a task for the faint-hearted! Trying to do this for a big airline like UAL would be a real challenge, as it would like require installation of many AI aircraft and textures. I created one for FedEx, using an AIG package (which didn't have a lot of different AI aircraft), and it took a long time. Trying to update a pre-existing WOAI package would be really difficult.WOAI is really terrific, and its installer does all of the above work. Their most recent addition is a new Delta, which includes several now-former NWA aircraft.

Hi,You can search here (or FlightSim or AIG) for newer flight plans, but you would have to do all the work of installing AI aircraft, airline textures--not a task for the faint-hearted! Trying to do this for a big airline like UAL would be a real challenge, as it would like require installation of many AI aircraft and textures. I created one for FedEx, using an AIG package (which didn't have a lot of different AI aircraft), and it took a long time. Trying to update a pre-existing WOAI package would be really difficult.WOAI is really terrific, and its installer does all of the above work. Their most recent addition is a new Delta, which includes several now-former NWA aircraft.
K, Thanks. I'm using WOAI but that is one problem it has is the lack of newer flightplans. SWA is still using flightplans from 2006.

Since you have the WoAI package installed, you can download the 2010 AIG flightplans and edit the aircraft.txt file so that all the entries are pointing to desired WoAI repaints as shown in the WoAI aircraft.txt file. You can use AIFPv2 to update the AIG schedule using your modified aircraft.txt to create new traffic bgl file. The main thing is that the AIG plans call for a 737-300 winglet model which isn't in the WoAI aircraft, but you can just substitute a no-winglet model for it. scott s..

K, Thanks. I'm using WOAI but that is one problem it has is the lack of newer flightplans. SWA is still using flightplans from 2006.
My Southwest traffic file says it is summer of 07 - certainly not current but very useable.

Hi.Well I've also installed all the packages from WOAI but yes,most of them are out-dated so what I do is download the newest flightplans from avsim (mainly from AIG), decompile the WOAI traffic.bgl by using TTools and then copy the aircraft from WOAI flightplan to the newer flightplan. After doing it I deleted the old WOAI flightplan and compile the new one.If aircrafts from WOAI flightplans are not enough for the newer ones, I will download it. If it is enough then I just use those aircrafts, very fast indeed.The way I keep my AI up-to-date is qutie simple. Everytime when I fly to an airport, I will use wiki to find out all the airlines that come in and out of that airport and update those airlines' flightplan.Quite time consuming, but to me it's a way to enjoy FS.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

My Southwest traffic file says it is summer of 07 - certainly not current but very useable.
UH, Lokking in my WOAI Installer mine says Winter of 2006. Just looked on there site and only see one.

Hi.Well I've also installed all the packages from WOAI but yes,most of them are out-dated so what I do is download the newest flightplans from avsim (mainly from AIG), decompile the WOAI traffic.bgl by using TTools and then copy the aircraft from WOAI flightplan to the newer flightplan. After doing it I deleted the old WOAI flightplan and compile the new one.If aircrafts from WOAI flightplans are not enough for the newer ones, I will download it. If it is enough then I just use those aircrafts, very fast indeed.The way I keep my AI up-to-date is qutie simple. Everytime when I fly to an airport, I will use wiki to find out all the airlines that come in and out of that airport and update those airlines' flightplan.Quite time consuming, but to me it's a way to enjoy FS.
Let me see If I have this right. I keep my WOAI Aircraft file and just edit the new (Say AIG Flight plan with the WAI Aircraft # ie 1000) Is this correct. Then take the edited AIG Flightplan and just say rename it the same as my Old WOAI Flightplan and overright then recompile. Is this correct ?

Sorry, one more question guys. Wouldn't it be easier instead of editing the new AIG Flight plan file to edit the New AIG aircraft file and use the WOAI (Which I have) aircraft names. Seems like I'm only making 20-25 edits then instead of hundreds editing the flightplan file. Thanks

Well, Another update. It's done. Just took the AIG aircaft file and changed the model names to my WOAI aircraft, recompiled, moved to world/scenery and deleted the WOAI flightplan file there. Not quite sure why I've heard this is SO time consuming. Took about 30 mins. One thing I noticed, that all The WOAI SWA aircraft were set to 230 cruise speed where AIG'S were set to 430-450. No wonder I was blowing by them in the sky :) Thanks all that helped. Now on to american and United :)P.S Anyone with the WOAI SWA package and wants the new 2010 flightplan.bgl file, PM me and I'll send it. Can't post it because well you know. As long as you have the WOAI Aircraft it works fine. Brad

Well, Another update. It's done. Just took the AIG aircaft file and changed the model names to my WOAI aircraft, recompiled, moved to world/scenery and deleted the WOAI flightplan file there. Not quite sure why I've heard this is SO time consuming. Took about 30 mins. One thing I noticed, that all The WOAI SWA aircraft were set to 230 cruise speed where AIG'S were set to 430-450. No wonder I was blowing by them in the sky :) Thanks all that helped. Now on to american and United :)P.S Anyone with the WOAI SWA package and wants the new 2010 flightplan.bgl file, PM me and I'll send it. Can't post it because well you know. As long as you have the WOAI Aircraft it works fine. Brad
Yeah,by using Ttools with AIG flightplans,you sometimes have to change the speed back to 200At first I didn't notice that :( So as consequences I have to check back all my edited flightplans,over 200 :(

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Yeah,by using Ttools with AIG flightplans,you sometimes have to change the speed back to 200At first I didn't notice that :( So as consequences I have to check back all my edited flightplans,over 200 :(
Not sure why you would have to change it back. All that number is doing is telling what speed you want that plane to fly at. Did some searching on the internet and ot seems alot of people just use what ever the speed is in the aircraft.cfg file. 200 is a VERY slow cruising speed for a 737

Not sure why you would have to change it back. All that number is doing is telling what speed you want that plane to fly at. Did some searching on the internet and ot seems alot of people just use what ever the speed is in the aircraft.cfg file. 200 is a VERY slow cruising speed for a 737
Well, I read somewhere that if using MRAI to install flightplans,leave the speed as they are. But if using Ttools,the speed is over 200,change it back, bellow 200 for small prop aircrafts leave it like that.Or maybe I could be wrong though.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Well, I read somewhere that if using MRAI to install flightplans,leave the speed as they are. But if using Ttools,the speed is over 200,change it back, bellow 200 for small prop aircrafts leave it like that.Or maybe I could be wrong though.
Well I started looking at the WOAI files and they have all there AC set at 200 so I went ahead and changed my SWA back to 200. Figure there the gurus of flight plans so they must have a reason for it :)