Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

As other users, FED UP with CTD's using FSX.

How did you link registry to a folder? What do you mean?I don't see how installing FSX on its own HDD matters, as it will still require %appdata% and programdata files on the OS partition, as well as registry and redistributable files in C:\windows
Use an FSX registry program, there are several available.TweakFS - Registry Utility for FSX

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Use an FSX registry program, there are several available.TweakFS - Registry Utility for FSX
Yeh, that only inputs FSX location.. It'll still write to OS partition

Yeh, that only inputs FSX location.. It'll still write to OS partition
Yes that is true, but the FSX resides on the external HD. Works well for me.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I´m sorry to hear that but I have also parked my FSX caause of some activation problems. What do you mean with FS9.5?

I´m sorry to hear that but I have also parked my FSX caause of some activation problems. What do you mean with FS9.5?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks to all that have posted for encouragement. After the crash, I went away from the computer...had lunch, (didn't uninstall FSX knee-jerk and mad-upon-the-moment) and during lunch, came to the realization that I spent more time in reading about 'how' to get FSX to perform, how to get a few more FPS outta the code, and how to TRY and recover from the CTD's stutters, freeze-ups, and generally mediocre performance as compared to other flight sims that I have (all the usual from other/prior software houses, military and commercial aviation, which run fine, have no CTD's and work as I had expected them to...) THEN ACTUALLY FLYING IT. I then came back and decided to write FSX off to experience, and look excitedly forward to M.S. Flight when it hits the shelves RTM. I am really expecting this to be something sublime right out of the box! Here's to that hope, guys 'n gals!!!With FS9(.5 to be explained further down, (smile)), I plan the flight, fly the route, land, and experience great, and total satisfaction. Not CTD's ever. No freeze-up's ever. You click, you fly, you land, you enjoy.... This is what I hope for M.S. Flight as well. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Since you asked what the X.5 is all about, below is the reason:FS9.5 (means all the 3rd party wonderful scenery's, weather, land-class, planes) that boosts FS9 in my opinion to just a 1/2 notch below FSX. The usual, REX Extreme, GE Pro and B.E.V. custom textures, custom mesh, fabulous 3rd party scenery, free and having cost to use....having all this,means to myself FS9.5. I hope this helps explain the FS9.5 tag in my posts.

I´m waiting for this one:http://xplane10.wordpress.com/Look at those pics, absolutely amazing...
Are you kidding me?http://xplane10.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/swordfish-comp.jpgLook at those ground textures, and the virtual cockpits :( :( Absolutely horrendous. And no a2a simulations, PMDG, REX......

FS9 in my opinion to just a 1/2 notch below FSX.
Until you add Orbx FTX scenery to FSX and turn it into FSXI. Fortunately I have had the opposite situation to what some people on this site are having; FSX with a pile of addons runs great, FS9 with a pile of addons was nothing but CTDs! Needless to say I removed FS9 from my computer; a real no-brainer there (given my situation).Regards, Mike Mann

Guest PFL

@Squishy: Do you need glasses?I se no "horror" - on the contrary!We need to get away from our "cartoonish looking FSX" brainwash, and FTX/ORBX is a step in the right direction...Actually, those groundpics looks a lot like ORBX IMO.GEX is backwards, that is truly cartoonish...X-Plane 10 looks very promising, and I can live without PMDG, REX, etc. - maybe not needed with XP10.

LMAO, I need glasses?? I guess you have never flown FSX with PMDG MD11, REX2.0 and some ORBX or Aerosoft scenery

hi, i used to have CTDs as well, all stopped after i just put UIAutomationcore.dll in fsx root directory, do a search and find and copy this file into your fsx root directory, worked for me!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Mitch, sorry to hear that you've left FSX mate; as others have said you certainly shared with us a lot of nirvana moments in FSX over the years.I am in the category of people who never get CTDs, but then I don't ever tweak FSX and simply adjust my sliders to suit the area I am flying in. I also don't use too many third party addons with custom DLLs (exception is ENBSeries HDR, which is essential IMHO).Without trying to start any conspiracy theories - I have noticed a distinct escalation in user reported CTDs since MS rolled out Windows 7 SP1 via Windows Update. Just wondering if it is worth someone testing going back to virgin Windows 7 RTM to compare?

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

hi, i used to have CTDs as well, all stopped after i just put UIAutomationcore.dll in fsx root directory, do a search and find and copy this file into your fsx root directory, worked for me!
Ye that only fixes uiautomationcore.dll error........ not all the other ones
Without trying to start any conspiracy theories - I have noticed a distinct escalation in user reported CTDs since MS rolled out Windows 7 SP1 via Windows Update. Just wondering if it is worth someone testing going back to virgin Windows 7 RTM to compare?
Nah, it's just that people are now fed up with it.I had CTDs way before windows 7

Mitch, you never seem to do or say anything in halves do you? :( There is nothing that could make me go back to FS9 as it does not hold a candle alongside of improved FSX. Yuck! I would rather take up crossword puzzles or knitting first. :( Kind regards,