Sign in to follow this  
mikea76

New system is done, WOW is all I can say

Last night I finished up my upgrade that turned into a rebuild and WOW what a difference the new setup is a 2500k@ 4.3 ( will clock higher soon) with a asus p8p67pro board, 8 gigs of corsair ram I carried over from my old computer, evga 570 card. Right now I just have one drive a caviar black 1 gb but I plan on getting a SSD for the OS and FSX. With a lot of traffic ( using mytraffic x at 50 percent right now) and just about all the sliders to the right I am seeing 25-30+ frames on the ground at Kbos with the ifly 737, thats including stuff I never used before like AI cars and boats. HUGE improvement over my old C2D systemSo now I am ready for the NGX

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Guest Tamadeez

Nice! I don't even dare use AI cars and boats with current stock E8400. As a % how much better is 2500k than ya old C2D

Nice! I don't even dare use AI cars and boats with current stock E8400. As a % how much better is 2500k than ya old C2D
i had a oc'ed e7500 so not as good as your c2d but this is 100 percent better but some of that is probably from the video card too

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Right now I just have one drive a caviar black 1 gb but I plan on getting a SSD for the OS and FSX.
How did you install Windows with a 1 gig hard drive?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

LOLJames Lawrence Skorna09-30-19605' 7"Blond HairBlue EyesCorrective Lenses

I don't get it...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

an i7 2500k or 2600k im much better than a E8400 we are talking a huge preformance gain here. :(

How did you install Windows with a 1 gig hard drive?
LOL I meant 1 tbBTW I noticed we have the same motherboard. Did you have any issues with your board setting BCLK to over 100.. Mine was at 103 and did not want to let me adjust it until I went into the bios changed the AI overclock tuner from manual to XMP and then back to manual. After that it let me change the BCLK to 100. I am still learning how to OC this thing and have it up to 4.3 right now.. any advice?

Mike Avallone

That is not that bad, i recommend everyone to get SSD's man, OMG what a speed on these, i got 2 SSD 128 GB each and i put them on Raid 0 and wow what a speed, i got almost 700 mb/s access, i tell you new technology rocks sandy bridge kick assss. I got 2600K running @4.2 with 8 gb ram and GTX 570. FSX running like crazy, i can not wait for the 737 NG.

Hundreds of dollars to save a few minutes (no, seconds) load time. I say skip on the SSDs for now, unless you know that you're over paying for expensive tech. Yes, I own one. No, I don't recommend it. A few Caviar Blacks and you're good to go.Yes I know, "time is money."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Agree with Zach, Caviar Blacks load quick enough! Spend the money on a video card or a carton.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

LOL I meant 1 tbBTW I noticed we have the same motherboard. Did you have any issues with your board setting BCLK to over 100.. Mine was at 103 and did not want to let me adjust it until I went into the bios changed the AI overclock tuner from manual to XMP and then back to manual. After that it let me change the BCLK to 100. I am still learning how to OC this thing and have it up to 4.3 right now.. any advice?
You don't want to touch the bclk on a Sandy Bridge system - OC only with the multiplier, you can very easily fry stuff messing with the bclk, it's not like the older i5s and i7s.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You don't want to touch the bclk on a Sandy Bridge system - OC only with the multiplier, you can very easily fry stuff messing with the bclk, it's not like the older i5s and i7s.
Yes but what Mickea76 is saying is that the board was set at 103BCLK (as i read it), yet the default is supposed to be 100 right?The reason i have brought this up is because i have puchased the same board and will be getting into my rebuild very shortly and am looking for any kickups i might encounter.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes but what Mickea76 is saying is that the board was set at 103BCLK (as i read it), yet the default is supposed to be 100 right?The reason i have brought this up is because i have puchased the same board and will be getting into my rebuild very shortly and am looking for any kickups i might encounter.
100 is correct

My Asus board has the "optimized default" using BLK at 103. I don't understand this but that's what is -maybe it's ok with lower clock speeds. Like others, I'd recommend using 100 or something very close to 100.