Sign in to follow this  
mikea76

New system is done, WOW is all I can say

You don't want to touch the bclk on a Sandy Bridge system - OC only with the multiplier, you can very easily fry stuff messing with the bclk, it's not like the older i5s and i7s.
Yeah thats why I was wondering why the motherboard defaulted to 103 mhz on the Bclk.. that should be 100 and I read it's really not a good idea to mess with bclk on these.. I was able to get it to 100 but I had to keep switching OC modes until the bios would let me change it. The multiplier goes from 16-59 so I don't see a reason to mess with the bclk.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Yeah thats why I was wondering why the motherboard defaulted to 103 mhz on the Bclk.. that should be 100 and I read it's really not a good idea to mess with bclk on these.. I was able to get it to 100 but I had to keep switching OC modes until the bios would let me change it. The multiplier goes from 16-59 so I don't see a reason to mess with the bclk.
After getting their multiplier up to the max stable setting some people raise the bclk slightly to squeeze an extra 0.05GHz out of their CPU. Personally, I think that's pointless as you'll likely never notice a 1% increase. But hey, to each his own...

LOL I meant 1 tbBTW I noticed we have the same motherboard. Did you have any issues with your board setting BCLK to over 100.. Mine was at 103 and did not want to let me adjust it until I went into the bios changed the AI overclock tuner from manual to XMP and then back to manual. After that it let me change the BCLK to 100. I am still learning how to OC this thing and have it up to 4.3 right now.. any advice?
The guys in the hardware forum told me not to mess with the BCLK, but only change the multiplier. In my bios I have the BCLK at 100 and the multiplier at 45. Working pretty good I must say. My voltage is 1.33.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD