Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

FSX Real World Weather Problem

Well, since open clouds decided to make their FREEware PAYware I have switched back to FSW real world weather. My problem is that connecting and being able to download it is not always working. SOmetimes when trying to get Real World Weather FSX locks up and I have to exit it thru the task manager. Nothing has changed on my system except for removing open clouds. Again the issue is random and doesnt happen all the time. I can even see the issue when selecting HOME in the FSX main window and it will not be able to access the internet. Anybody have any ideas on what to look at?Jim

Jim Wenham

Try FSrealWX..... its free and does a great jobhttp://www.surclaro....tail-19381.html
It might be free, but impossible to download! :) Every time I click download it takes me to a login page. I registered, then followed the link and fsrealwxlitesetup.zip is nowhere to be found. Anyone have a download link that isn't a continuous 'Do-Loop'? Thanks.Bob.. :)

It might be free, but impossible to download! :) Every time I click download it takes me to a login page. I registered, then followed the link and fsrealwxlitesetup.zip is nowhere to be found. Anyone have a download link that isn't a continuous 'Do-Loop'? Thanks.Bob.. :)
Just downloaded it from that link no prob

I finally got it through another link. After an initial run and subsequent close, it gives an error every time I start it. I can only run it maximized. Plus, it creates ridiculous wind shifts that knock me out of the sky on my system running it via FS Wide on a client. I forgot I actually had tried and removed it several months ago for the same reasons. Un-installed again. Bob

I finally got it through another link. After an initial run and subsequent close, it gives an error every time I start it. I can only run it maximized. Plus, it creates ridiculous wind shifts that knock me out of the sky on my system running it via FS Wide on a client. I forgot I actually had tried and removed it several months ago for the same reasons. Un-installed again. Bob
I assume you also have FSUIPC. Go into FSUPIC and adjust the wind shifts in the Winds tab. I have found this adjustments make the program work very well.

Danny

Well, we may have to admit that the freeware weather program opportunities aren't that countless. :biggrin:Having REX and ASE installed, I could choose two payware things but often enough find myself "just" loading this nice freeware thing, running on the same FSUIPC smoothing settings as my main ASE program and working nice so far.But preferences are different and I absolutely agree that FSrealWX may have to enhance some more to become really good while staying as nice on the resources as it currently does.I've dropped them some dollars as donation, maybe it helps.

I assume you also have FSUIPC. Go into FSUPIC and adjust the wind shifts in the Winds tab. I have found this adjustments make the program work very well.
You can also adjust winds directly in the program on the Options page.

Jay

Well..I have ran it now on a few short flights and here are my findings:I am getting a error every time I start it. The error once cleared does not seem to cause any issues.I find the loading of the updated weather to be a performance killer but at least it doesnt last all that long and it wont do a update while on approach (2000 ft or lower)Very little to no doumentation that I am able to read. Guess I better lean French or German.Other than the small issues mentioned above I cant beat it for the price.Jim

Jim Wenham

I am getting a error every time I start it. The error once cleared does not seem to cause any issues.Close it with the 'Exit' option in the FSreal menu instead of the 'X' usually stops that popupI find the loading of the updated weather to be a performance killer but at least it doesnt last all that long and it wont do a update while on approach (2000 ft or lower)I set the update interval to 30 minutes to minimize that, even longer on long flights. Very little to no doumentation that I am able to read. Guess I better lean French or German.There is an 'EN' option onthe right side of the menu bar on the website so it shows in english. He also has a forum where you can ask questions, he's been very responsive.

Jay

Thanks to all of you for pointing out the FSrealWX weather generator. I have the settings now to my liking but still get the error when starting it up again after a flight. The error seems to cause no issues though but I will post on their forum. Here is a little vid I made showing a take off from KTPA in the MD80. Sorry no music, just the real sounds. I love the haze look.

Jim

Jim Wenham

Thanks to all of you for pointing out the FSrealWX weather generator. I have the settings now to my liking but still get the error when starting it up again after a flight. The error seems to cause no issues though but I will post on their forum. Here is a little vid I made showing a take off from KTPA in the MD80. Sorry no music, just the real sounds. I love the haze look.
Jim
Nice video, thanks for NOT including music, I wish more would follow your lead. A shot from the cockpit would have been nice, but the parallel takeoff with the other plane was pretty cool!

Jay

As a matter of interest; did you know that Ideal Flight makes the weather without downloading from the internet, it has a global weather simulation.As regard to winds in adjacent cells, they are carefully matched to avoid pushing you around, even in winding jetstreams.Also adds 'complex winds' upgrade to FSX.Best regards;Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com