Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

System and Overclocking

I have a question on my system before release:Will my system be good for the 737NGX? This is what I have currently, just wondering if someone can tell me if this is ok. I also would like to get into OverClocking my CPU. I don't know anything about this so I just wanted to know if anybody and if the PMDG Tech team/Developers can help me out on this. I would appreciate it Hugely!!System:Motherboard: MSI MSI X58 Pro-E (MS-7522)Chipset: Intel X58Processor: Intel Core i7 940 @ 2933MHz (4 Cores)Physical Memory: 12288MB (6 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM)Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285Hard Disk: Samsung HD103SJ ATA Device (1000GB)Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7600 (64-bit)Monitors: 3 x 24 inch (Each 1920 x 1200 @ 60 HZ) Making a total Res. of 4080 x 768 = Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital EditionSo I would really like to know how to get into Overclocking my Intel i7 940!Best Regards,Tristan

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

I dont think you will have any problems running the ngx i'm sure Vin's computer is a I7-920 oc to 3.2 or 3.6.I have a i7-920 D0 oc @ 4ghz and i'm positive i wont have any problems running the ngx

I dont think you will have any problems running the ngx i'm sure Vin's computer is a I7-920 oc to 3.2 or 3.6.I have a i7-920 D0 oc @ 4ghz and i'm positive i wont have any problems running the ngx
Thanks very much! Do you have any tips for overclocking?? I am seriosuly a REAL Beginner when it comes to Overclocking! :(

Best Regards,

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Hello,I'm a beginner my self u can see my spec from my sig.Multiplier: x21BCLK: 191vcore: 1.32qpi/dram: 1.3dram bus: 1.64Ram timings: 9-9-9-24I've found that anything below 1.32 was to unstable and wouldn't even boot would blue screen after windows reaches login screen.At 1.32 it's perfectly stable I'm currently using corsair H70 as well never seen temps over 70°c

Read and follow this guide:http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-bloomfield-and-gulftown/Make absolutely POSITIVE you understand exactly what you're doing when you OC, especially when it comes to voltages, BEFORE you do it. One bigtime mistake in particular that I've seen people make is keying in the total voltage you're going for instead of the amount you want it raised by - that's a real easy way to fry your chip. Understand how your BIOS works before you try to do anything.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Read and follow this guide:http://www.techreact...d-and-gulftown/Make absolutely POSITIVE you understand exactly what you're doing when you OC, especially when it comes to voltages, BEFORE you do it. One bigtime mistake in particular that I've seen people make is keying in the total voltage you're going for instead of the amount you want it raised by - that's a real easy way to fry your chip. Understand how your BIOS works before you try to do anything.
+1

Hello,I'm a beginner my self u can see my spec from my sig.Multiplier: x21vcore: 1.32qpi/dram: 1.3dram bus: 1.64Ram timings: 9-9-9-24I've found that anything below 1.32 was to unstable and wouldn't even boot would blue screen after windows reaches login screen.At 1.32 it's perfectly stable I'm currently using corsair H70 as well never seen temps over 70°c
Read and follow this guide:http://www.techreact...d-and-gulftown/Make absolutely POSITIVE you understand exactly what you're doing when you OC, especially when it comes to voltages, BEFORE you do it. One bigtime mistake in particular that I've seen people make is keying in the total voltage you're going for instead of the amount you want it raised by - that's a real easy way to fry your chip. Understand how your BIOS works before you try to do anything.
Thanks Ryan and sijenks5! I really appreciate the help! I will look over that guide later Ryan! Now I need to findout what my BIOS Password is :/ As I have forgotten it / don't actually know what it is! :( Nail%20Biting.gif

Best Regards,

I used this onehttp://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/538439-guide-overclocking-core-i7-920-930-a.htmlPete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Thanks Ryan and sijenks5! I really appreciate the help! I will look over that guide later Ryan! Now I need to findout what my BIOS Password is :/ As I have forgotten it / don't actually know what it is! :( Nail%20Biting.gif
And make sure your temps are not at 70C on idle, and at stock speed. [like last time Tristan ;) ;) ] :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

And make sure your temps are not at 70C on idle, and at stock speed. [like last time Tristan ;) ;) ] Big Grin.gif
My temps at the moment are at 45-50C ... :)

Best Regards,

Head over to Hardware Discussions, "MOBO, RAM, CPUs & Other Hardware" Lots of info and Overclockers who i am sure can give you some useful tips.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest cbboy

go to overclockers.com they have an overclocking tutorial that you can print out and it covers the important key basics especially with specific voltages that need to be setbill

Overclock.net all the way these guys no Their stuff and guided me right thru it :( Rich

Rich Sennett

The first time I OC'd, I miscalculated the voltage and killed the proc... all comes with the OC'ing game... accept it, or don't OC.