Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

System and Overclocking

What cooler do you have too? Do not try to OC on the stock cooler if that's what it is.
Ive got a Cooler Master computer case :) I'll take some pics later and post them on you so guys can have a look inside :)One thing to note, Ive opened PC Wizard 2010 which tells me what I have in my computer and it says that ive got an Intel Core i7 940 @ 2933 MHz, I know that but to the right of the frequency it says:current: 1927.10 MHz .... Is this bad? Is it actually not running at 2933 MHz? 2.93 GHz?Regards,

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Ok, My computer is positioned on my floor of my bedroom, under my desk :) I have the side cover off too!Info on cooler,Intel E29477 - 002CNFN9396121A016MV00 - DHFDC 12V 0.21 AFoxconnIf you need anymore info please do ask me :)Thanks!

Best Regards,

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

@Locarno1I dont think you would be able to overclock much with a stock cooler.

Yeah guys, I was NOT talking about the case or case fans - I'm talking about the heatsink and fan that are sitting on top of the CPU. In Tristan's pics, that is the stock Intel cooler - under no circumstances should you try to OC with that thing on there.You need to get a good unit like the Corsair A70 (air cooler) or the H70 (water cooler).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah guys, I was NOT talking about the case or case fans - I'm talking about the heatsink and fan that are sitting on top of the CPU. In Tristan's pics, that is the stock Intel cooler - under no circumstances should you try to OC with that thing on there.You need to get a good unit like the Corsair A70 (air cooler) or the H70 (water cooler).
Right!! Thankyou Ryan!! :DSoooo If I went for the Corsair A70 (air cooler) would this fit in my case? It looks awfully big! :(

Best Regards,

@Locarno1I was going to purchase the A70 but after a lil research it would not fit in my case due to my ram heatspreaders so i purchased the Corsair H70Corsair A70 dimensions: 159.5 x 124.6 x 129 mm (WxHxD)

Excellent choice. If you want to improve even further your OC power with the H70 think about replacing it's default fans with better ones, since the ones that ships with the COrsair aren't that great. I went with the Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP-15, as it moves a lot of air without making much noise. I'm waiting for the arrival, it's coming from your country, ENgland.

Alexis Mefano

Ok here are my case dimensions :)Case Dimenions:H: 43.3 cm /433 mmW: 20 cm /200 mmL: 48.1 cm /481 mmLooks like it will fit! The Corsair A70 Yes? :)

Best Regards,

I dont think you will have any major problems with it

I dont think you will have any major problems with it
So I may have some minor ones :( Just%20Kidding.gif I found one for under £30.00http://www.awd-it.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=8681Tristan

Best Regards,

if you want to overclock a i7 920 buy a noctua n14d cooler one of the best air cooler in the world.

Hi Tristan.I have read this post thread with great interest and thanks for bringing the overclocking subject up.I have no idea about OC but I have now registered with overclock.net and what a great site for information. It will take me ages to trawl through the many topics but for the likes of you and I that are new to this OC game this site is a must.They go into great detail about FBUS, CPU, RAM and GPU overclocking and voltages but more importantly about the different types of cooling required and why.Thanks buddy, we are all still on this great learning curve. Will I be able to cope with all this new information on OC and the NGX ?

Hi Tristan.I have read this post thread with great interest and thanks for bringing the overclocking subject up.I have no idea about OC but I have now registered with overclock.net and what a great site for information. It will take me ages to trawl through the many topics but for the likes of you and I that are new to this OC game this site is a must.They go into great detail about FBUS, CPU, RAM and GPU overclocking and voltages but more importantly about the different types of cooling required and why.Thanks buddy, we are all still on this great learning curve. Will I be able to cope with all this new information on OC and the NGX ?
Hi Gary! Thanks for popping in on this topic! Its great to see another Newbie :) Hopefully we can go on this 'road of OC' together haha :DI have contacted my suppliers, Alpine Systems, and have asked them what they think about the Corsair A70... Still waiting for a reply though! Im 99% sure I'm going to get it though :)I will take a look on overclock.net and will register this evening :)Add me on skype if you want: tristan_marchent :)Thanks Everyone, I will keep you updated!Regards,Tristan

Best Regards,

Hi Gary! Thanks for popping in on this topic! Its great to see another Newbie :) Hopefully we can go on this 'road of OC' together haha :DI have contacted my suppliers, Alpine Systems, and have asked them what they think about the Corsair A70... Still waiting for a reply though! Im 99% sure I'm going to get it though :)I will take a look on overclock.net and will register this evening :)Add me on skype if you want: tristan_marchent :)Thanks Everyone, I will keep you updated!Regards,Tristan
I just picked up an H70 and I am very satisfied with it.