Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

Starting aircraft not from Cold Dark, but engines on

Hi All,All of my aircraft start from Cold Dark, is there a way to globally have them starting on the runway with engines on at all?Many thanks in advance.....

-Start FSX-Load the default Cessna 172Sp-Choose any airport you want to start at-Start the flight-Once the flight has loaded: Turn the engine off. Turn the master avionics, battery and fuel mixture (the red lever; pull it out) OFF.-Hit the ALT key to bring up the top pull down menus and SAVE FLIGHT dialog. Save this flight as "Cold & Dark Setup" or whatever is easy for you to remember. Be sure to select "Make this the default flight" box on the lower left. This will make the "Cold & Dark" setup your default flight setup whenever you enter free flight.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

-Start FSX-Load the default Cessna 172Sp-Choose any airport you want to start at-Start the flight-Once the flight has loaded: Turn the engine off. Turn the master avionics, battery and fuel mixture (the red lever; pull it out) OFF.-Hit the ALT key to bring up the top pull down menus and SAVE FLIGHT dialog. Save this flight as "Cold & Dark Setup" or whatever is easy for you to remember. Be sure to select "Make this the default flight" box on the lower left. This will make the "Cold & Dark" setup your default flight setup whenever you enter free flight.
Sorry,I meant to start with engines on, do I needd to start with the ultralight aircraft at all?Cheers

Sorry,I meant to start with engines on, do I needd to start with the ultralight aircraft at all?Cheers
The state of the engines and many, many other settings of whatever you have as your default flight are then passed on to whatever aircraft you decide to fly.i.e. if you have saved a flight in a cold and dark state, and made it your default flight (an option on the Save dialogue) then that state is passed on to whatever you decide to fly.The default Trike has the engines running if memory serves.

The state of the engines and many, many other settings of whatever you have as your default flight are then passed on to whatever aircraft you decide to fly.i.e. if you have saved a flight in a cold and dark state, and made it your default flight (an option on the Save dialogue) then that state is passed on to whatever you decide to fly.The default Trike has the engines running of memory serves.
Hi David, Ahh I see, whatever default flight I save all aircraft I load subsequently will start in the same manner as the deafult flight??Many thanks

You said it right the first time, I just read it wrong. :-)I was thinking you wanted Cold and Dark since normally the default setting is for the engine to be running. Anyway, like David said, just do the opposite of what I originally listed and turn everything on instead of off and resave it and check to make it your default flight.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If I select a runway threshold as a start point, then the engines are usually already running. I don't fly many planes, but that is true of the following....Just Flight De Havilland Comet 4PMDG BAe Jetstream 4100Flight1 Cessna Citation MustangRealAir Beechcraft Duke B60RealAir Beechcraft Turbine DukeSimshed BAe Nimrod MR2Rick Piper HS748

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The others already said it, but I think the easiest way would be to simply:1) Load the default C1722) Hit CTRL + E (auto engine start)3) Save that as the default flight.That's it. From that point onwards, all your aircraft should start off with engines running.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case