Sign in to follow this  
newmanix

Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star

Hey, does anyone have the Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star? For some reason, mine is so SLOW!! No, not talking about frame rates, I am talking about performance. I just can't seem to get this thing over 120KIAS! It accellerates super slow even when I remove all the weight. You'd think this aircraft would get off the ground at St. Barts... I tried to increase the [RefrenceSpeeds] speed in the Aircraft.cfg (this works on other aircraft I have) and the Diamond still it won't go any faster. It's a beautiful aircraft and besides the horrable engine sounds, (which I replaced) it's a kick &@($* airplane. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can speed this bird up?Thanks!

the real Da-42's (at least the Thielert 135bhp powered ones modeled in the sim) aren't exactly speed demons - 125kias is normal for me at cruise power (real life)...and she can push 135 kias when i'm solo. TFFJ's runway isn't a problem for a da-42 at all either. The newer Austro (170bhp) and Lycoming (180bhp) versions get a nice 140-150kias in cruise.The real thing has very docile/gentle handling....even stalls aren't anywhere near as aggressive as, say, a cessna 152 or a beech duchess. be warned though - increasing engine power in esdg's da-42 for extra speed may give problems with the fadec modelling.

the real Da-42's (at least the Thielert 135bhp powered ones modeled in the sim) aren't exactly speed demons - 125kias is normal for me at cruise power (real life)...and she can push 135 kias when i'm solo. TFFJ's runway isn't a problem for a da-42 at all either. The newer Austro (170bhp) and Lycoming (180bhp) versions get a nice 140-150kias in cruise.The real thing has very docile/gentle handling....even stalls aren't anywhere near as aggressive as, say, a cessna 152 or a beech duchess. be warned though - increasing engine power in esdg's da-42 for extra speed may give problems with the fadec modelling.
Thanks for your reply Pict. I understand there are different variants and engine options for this aircraft but you really would think such a light weight twin would cruise a lot faster than 135kias. And I have found that it does and mine should. The top speed is 195KIAS at 18,000 AMSL. Now I know that is pushing it, I know. But 155KIAS in good clear weather on a straight cruise hands off at 8,000 AMSL really should be doable in the sim... Even the charts from Eaglesoft that came with the aircraft confirm this. I honestly am barrrrrrrreeeeely scratching 120KIAS at 2,000 AMSL completely empty... Getting to 2,000 is a breath holder that I don't stall at 7 degrees climbout and it takes forever. And departing TFFJ rotates on the sand...I really feel like I am flying a C172 with sleek looks and glass cockpit only the C172 gets off the ground faster...:(

:(

Hey, does anyone have the Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star? For some reason, mine is so SLOW!! No, not talking about frame rates, I am talking about performance. I just can't seem to get this thing over 120KIAS! It accellerates super slow even when I remove all the weight. You'd think this aircraft would get off the ground at St. Barts... I tried to increase the [RefrenceSpeeds] speed in the Aircraft.cfg (this works on other aircraft I have) and the Diamond still it won't go any faster. It's a beautiful aircraft and besides the horrable engine sounds, (which I replaced) it's a kick &@($* airplane. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can speed this bird up?Thanks!
In FS you'll need to have the prop lever on your controller full forward at all times.FS has a bug which at altitude requires mixture to be leaned properly and carb heat must be applied even on fuel injected engines.Set the aircraft cfg back to default as you'll gain nothing by experimenting there. Know the airplane. It is NOT a speedster in real life and therefore will NOT be in the simulator.The FDE has been signed off on by real world DA42 Pilots and we are pleased with it's accuracy. The same holds true for the ACTUAL engine sounds mixed by yours truly.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png