Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

PC Aviator no correspondence re order

I ordered (and paid for) a VRInsight Panel a few days ago from PC Aviator. I have had no confirmation email from them that the order was received. I have sent them 2 emails asking if they had received the order but I have yet to receive a reply. I am getting to the stage where I think that I might have done my money. As I paid by PayPal I am considering disputing a transaction. Has anyone else had trouble with this mob or am I just being a bit paranoid?ThanksJohn

I have had issues with them in the past and do not deal with them any longer for this exact reason. Never answering the phone or returning emails. My situation with them is a long story really but in the end I had to get my CC company to reverse the charges for an item that got lost in the mail, while it was in their warehouse all along..... PC Aviator was not helpful at all with the situation, more so Pamela from customer service. She must be related to Robert who runs the store because she had ZERO customer service skills.They were a great store until I had a problem. That is when they showed me their true colours and they no longer get my business.

Have you checked the (online) spam email folder (not the one on your PC)? Some emails from companies end up in there on occasion.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have had issues with them in the past and do not deal with them any longer for this exact reason. Never answering the phone or returning emails. My situation with them is a long story really but in the end I had to get my CC company to reverse the charges for an item that got lost in the mail, while it was in their warehouse all along..... PC Aviator was not helpful at all with the situation, more so Pamela from customer service. She must be related to Robert who runs the store because she had ZERO customer service skills.They were a great store until I had a problem. That is when they showed me their true colours and they no longer get my business.
I too have had issues with their 'customer support'. Back in Dec 2010 I ordered the Wilco Airbus Vol1 Deluxe for FSX and the zipped file I received from them contained 3 files (1 each for FS9 and FSX and the deluxe video), but the versions were not the latest version that were listed on the Wilco site. I then sent an email to PC Aviator stating the above and requesting they send me the current versions. About 10 days later I received and email stating to redownload the zip file from my order. When I redownloaded the 'new' zip file it contained 3 files again, the video file, the correct Deluxe version for FS9 and the correct 'non-Deluxe' version for FSX. The Deluxe version includes the A319, ACJ (along with the video) which are not included in the 'non-deluxe' version. I've sent 4 emails and left 2 voicemails stating the issue and requesting the current latest Deluxe FSX version and to date have not received a response. I've checked my my order numerous times and the listed zipped file has not changed. At this point I'm consulting with my local authorities as to a recourse and will be checking with the local authorities where PC Aviator is located. I've paid for the Deluxe version and only have the 'regular' version. At this point they've lost me as a customer. Regards,Bob L
  • Like 1

How much consideration would it take for PC Aviator to reply with a simple email addressing the problem? I guess not enough for them to give a damn! It's companies like this that complain it was the economy when they go out of business.

I too have had issues with their 'customer support'. Back in Dec 2010 I ordered the Wilco Airbus Vol1 Deluxe for FSX and the zipped file I received from them contained 3 files (1 each for FS9 and FSX and the deluxe video), but the versions were not the latest version that were listed on the Wilco site.
But you were buying from PC Aviator not Wilco. If what you wanted was on the Wilco site you should have bought it from there.

Guest bstolle

I bought Megascenery California from PC Aviator and as I was in Washington D.C. at that time I ordered via the expensive 2 day guaranteed delivery.Well it took almost a week !!! so I had to pay a second time to get it delivered to Europe.I sent them numerous e-mails but got only a single one stating: You ordered on the wrong day.No further reply ever. Guess I'm lucky that I did get a response at all....

Thanks for the heads up. I have been on their mailing list and was thinking of doing business with them. No more after reading about their carelessness! I'm going to unsubscribe pronto, as reading anything from them now will just be a waste of time.Kind regards,

Distributers sell what they have to sell from the developer. It may not be the latest and greatest version of any program or even what is available from the developer. That is why it is important to read everything and make sure what you are buying is really what you want/need. Yes, there are times when a wrong order is placed and their may or may not be a policy for that situation. For us, if a customer purchases the wrong product directly from us, we do work with that person to make sure they get the correct software.Now, not getting anything is a different issue and worth looking into.

But you were buying from PC Aviator not Wilco. If what you wanted was on the Wilco site you should have bought it from there.
Probably should have, but PC Aviator had it for a cheaper price. Either way I would expect to receive the latest version when purchasing a downloadable product.Bob L
Distributers sell what they have to sell from the developer. It may not be the latest and greatest version of any program or even what is available from the developer. That is why it is important to read everything and make sure what you are buying is really what you want/need. Yes, there are times when a wrong order is placed and their may or may not be a policy for that situation. For us, if a customer purchases the wrong product directly from us, we do work with that person to make sure they get the correct software.Now, not getting anything is a different issue and worth looking into.
Jim, Agreed to making sure to read everything. But on the PC Aviator site there is no mention of which version is being offered and when comparing the product details to the Wilco site they match up. It was when I opened the zipped file from PC Aviator is when I saw the difference in version numbers from what Wilco had on their site. I did contact Wilco who redirected me back to PC Aviator. PC Aviator must have contacted Wilco and received the latest version as I did receive the current version for FS9, but I'm still waiting for the latest FSX Deluxe version. In the future will only deal with the actual developers (as long as they sell directly) and not any re-sellers. Bob L

Back to my original post re PC Aviator. I have still not received an email from them. As I have paid by Pay Pal (over $200, hence my anguist) does anyone know if I am able to cancel the order and get my money back? i am just afraid that I have done my money. I have checked my junk folder in Hotmail but there is nothing from them.Also, i can purchase the same product from Wilco Publishing for about the same price. Has anyone have any experiences with ordering from them?Many thanks for any replies.John

As I paid by PayPal I am considering disputing a transaction.
Think that's the answer, if you aren't comfortable with how things have progressed to this point.

Back to my original post re PC Aviator. I have still not received an email from them. As I have paid by Pay Pal (over $200, hence my anguist) does anyone know if I am able to cancel the order and get my money back? i am just afraid that I have done my money. I have checked my junk folder in Hotmail but there is nothing from them.
I have a long history with PC Aviator. I subscribe to their magazine and do 90% of my add on purchases with them, including both digital and mail orders. I never had a problem.A few months ago my HDD went bad and I lost 750GB worth of data, including all my FSX/FS9 add ons. I shot an email to PC Aviator explaining the problem and Robert reactivated all my expired download links at no charge.I say give them some time and they'll get back to you. Make sure to check your junk folder!Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been on their mailing list and was thinking of doing business with them. No more after reading about their carelessness! I'm going to unsubscribe pronto, as reading anything from them now will just be a waste of time.Kind regards,
Stephen,I've been a PC Aviator customer for over a decade and I've never had any problems with placing or receiving an order. Things have changed recently.You can't reach them via telephone. If you leave a message, they say that they will return your call. I have not left one. The other issue, Mark explained, is that some servers are blocking their e-mails. In my case, Bright House, does not deliver their e-mails to me.I'm not really sure where this is all heading with PC Aviator, but it does not look good. They have to find a reliable way to reach their customers. I will still continue to buy from them until I receive notice that they are not in business. They have been very good to me!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Also, i can purchase the same product from Wilco Publishing for about the same price. Has anyone have any experiences with ordering from them?John
I had an issue once with Wilco. Ironically it was kind of in relation to an Avsim review. I was due to review their 'Aviation and Mission' product, which is an add-on for the Wilco PIC 737 for FSX. For some reason my installation file for the Wilco 737 went flukey when I tried to reinstall it, so I had to get the exe file again, but Wilco said they had no record of me ever having bought it from them (which I had, since there would have been little point offering to review and add-on for it for Avsim if I did not have the thing LOL).It took about a week of emails going back and forth with me giving them approximate dates and times for when I'd bought the PIC 737 from them before they eventually found the details and acknowledged that I had really bought it from them, whereupon they gave me a download link again. I must admit that, since my desire to reinstall the PIC 737 at the time was all so that I could review one of their other products, I would have thought they should have been a bit more helpful under the circumstances and taken my word for it that I had actually bought the thing, so I was less than impressed with them on that occasion. Having said that, I've bought other stuff off them since then, including their Harrier very recently and their Citation, and I've not had any issues, so it hasn't actually put me off buying from them.Funnily enough though, I just checked out PC Aviator's store out of curiosity and tried to log on, and it said there was no record of me there, which is cobblers because I bought the Aerosoft Twin Otter from there and I've still got the email receipt copied in my back ups, so I know I'm not mistaken about which online store I bought it from.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here