Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

PC Aviator no correspondence re order

I am checking my Hotmail account's junk mail but it is not there either. Is there anything else I should check? I am thinking of contacting VRInsight and letting them know that one of their prefered sellers is not replying to their orders via email, but I don't know if this would do any good. When I also logged on to the PC Aviator website there was no record of my purchase. Things are looking grim.

Don't panic yet, you have protection to some degree from PayPal (although be aware that you need to get an escalated complaint in within 20 days or you are then unable to do so after that cut off point). The product manufacturer will also be keen to solve the problem too of course, so I'd give it a day or so to see if they get on the case, although sending them an email is not a bad idea.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Don't panic yet, you have protection to some degree from PayPal (although be aware that you need to get an escalated complaint in within 20 days or you are then unable to do so after that cut off point). The product manufacturer will also be keen to solve the problem too of course, so I'd give it a day or so to see if they get on the case, although sending them an email is not a bad idea.Al
Thanks Al, i will go with your suggestions. John

Update?
I have managed to contact PC Aviator and I have received a USPS tracking number, so all appears well.

I have been dealing with PC Aviator (Australia) since their establishment in 1990. I was lucky that, for me, they were only a short drive away and I could always actually go there, browse, talk, make an informed decision, and purchase. They moved from that location to a new location which was still at driving distance for me. With the exception of Flight Simulator itself, I have made ALL of my purchases through PC Aviatior ... joysticks, throttles, pedals, scenery packages, AI traffic software, etc. They have since moved from Melbourne to Brisbane, which of course is no longer driving distance for me unless I am REALLY dediated. Suffice to say I have not needed to purchase anything from them since that move. But, I have had correspondence with the Brisbane office (via email) and promptly received a reply and appropriate answer the next day.For me, PC Aviator has always been friendly, efficient and helpful. In the early days I dealt with Robert, until he moved to set up in the USA; these days, here in Australia, it is Dean. Both of them have always been informative, knowledgable, and a pleasure to deal with.In short, I never base my own decisions on one person's bad experience. In many cases that bad experience turns out to be a one-off, and usually has a logical and resonable explanation once the situation is investigated and/or resolved. I see no reason to jump ship based on a forum thread about a lost order and missing emails. Heck, how many times have people emailed me in the past, both at work or at home, only to have those emails get lost in the ether? It happens. Not returning phone calls, or lack of customer service skills is a different matter, and I can understand taking issue there. Fair enough. I do customer support for a living, and believe me, it is a difficult job, and an art and a skill to do it well. So I am usually happy to cut some slack on ocassions, depending on the circumstances and situation.As a long time customer, who has never had any issues whatsoever with PC Aviator, I will continue to deal with them. But, of course, my experience with them is based on the Australian store ... I've never dealt with the USA store.

Regards,

Freddy

Just to clarify. i contacted Dean at PC Aviator in Brisbane and he was very helpful. He sorted out my problem and hopefully everything is OK. I would use them again.

Freddy, my situation was not one lost email. My problem with them spanned over three months of not answering phones and answering every other email, sometimes two weeks later. Not to mention Pamela from customer service was down right rude to me when I questioned her on the customer service tactics of PCA.I sent an email to Robert about the entire incident and he didn't even take the time to respond (and I found that shocking to be honest considering the money I have spent wih them).As I said I had to go to my CC company to get it resolved.They will never see my money again.

On re-reading my own post, I see that it may have come across as though I was having a dig at some of the posts here. That wasn't my intention. I do apologise if that is the impression anyone got. The point I was making in my post is that I myself haven't had a bad experience with PC Aviator (Australia) and that I normally don't jump to any conclusions based on a bad experience that another person may have had.In your case altstiff, bad customer service, three months duration, no returned phone calls or emails, not even from Robert ... I agree that you have reason to complain ... I would too given those circumstances. Fair enough. Personally, I am still happy to deal with PC Aviator given the service I have had from them over the many years I've done business with them. However, if I had been on the receiving end of the experience you mentioned above, then I admit that I too would probably be reviewing that decision one way or the other as well.

Regards,

Freddy

Although this thread is a couple years old I have a current issue that seems to suggest the difficulty in getting a response from PCAviator Customer service continues. I have purchased numerous add-ons from them over the past few years with zero problems. However recently they were offering a 50% discount on Mega Scenery titles over Memorial Day Weekend, according to the email the sale was to end at 9AM on Tues May27th, I went on the site to place my order at approx. 7am that day and the pricing had reverted back to non-discounted. I have sent them 3 emails regarding this to which I have received no reply and despite numerous attempts on their 800 number no matter how long you wait no one picks up. I tried again today and was given a voice prompt that my calls was outside of their normal business hours which my call was placed well within, when I attempted to leave a voice mail the box was full. I'm wondering if others have experienced similar recent problems with PC Aviator..

Although this thread is a couple years old I have a current issue that seems to suggest the difficulty in getting a response from PCAviator Customer service continues. I have purchased numerous add-ons from them over the past few years with zero problems. However recently they were offering a 50% discount on Mega Scenery titles over Memorial Day Weekend, according to the email the sale was to end at 9AM on Tues May27th, I went on the site to place my order at approx. 7am that day and the pricing had reverted back to non-discounted. I have sent them 3 emails regarding this to which I have received no reply and despite numerous attempts on their 800 number no matter how long you wait no one picks up. I tried again today and was given a voice prompt that my calls was outside of their normal business hours which my call was placed well within, when I attempted to leave a voice mail the box was full. I'm wondering if others have experienced similar recent problems with PC Aviator..

I am still waiting for a reply to just a simple question almost a week and a half from them.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

As a former "e-tailer" myself, I can tell you that next to timely shipping of orders, posting credits and refunds, your main concern should be quick communication with customers either by phone or  emails. 

One problem with a mom and pop business is knowing when to hire additional employees to deal with a rapidly expanding business.  Once you're used to wearing so many hats, it's hard to know when it's time to delegate to someone else.

Just remember there is a US branch and a AUSTRALIA branch. Never had any issues here in AUSTRALIA.