Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

PC Aviator no correspondence re order

Unfortunately, my experience with the PCA US store's Memorial Day weekend sale was similar to that of BH9244.

I tried to buy two MSE2 products about 8 hours before the sale was due to finish. Instead of the 50% discount, the site was applying only the usual Tuesday 10% discount.

I then tried buying with the 40% discount code which had been emailed to me by PCA about a week earlier - but the result was the same, even though the 40% discount was said to be available until the end of May.

I sent a message via the "contact us" facility on the website explaining what had happened, saying that I ended up giving up on trying to make the purchase and saying that other customers may be experiencing something similar - but I never heard back.

Presumably, there was a computer glitch at the PCA end because when I tried a couple of days later, the 40% discount code worked.

I agree with mjrhealth about the Australian store of PCA. I make most of my flightsim purchases there. I have never had an issue with PCA Aust. The customer service which Dean offers there is superb.

altstiff says: "I have had issues with them in the past and do not deal with them any longer for this exact reason."

Same here. Who needs the aggravation when there are so many sellers who DO respond when you have a problem.

Three emails with no response did it for me.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Update 6/10/14 Still Zero Response from PC Aviator, submitted a complaint with the South Carolina Better Business Bureau.

Same here. All I was trying to find out is if they have a gift certificate purchase option.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Update 6/10/14 Still Zero Response from PC Aviator, submitted a complaint with the South Carolina Better Business Bureau.

You are complaining PC Aviator  didn't offer a discount on a product you didn't buy?

You are complaining PC Aviator  didn't offer a discount on a product you didn't buy?

Sort of, I'm complaining they didn't offer titles at their advertised sale price but more that you cannot seem to get them to respond to email correspondence nor get anyone to answer the phone, but no I suffered no financial loss but certainly had they shipped a incorrect title makes me wonder how things would turn out..

And the South Carolina Better Business Bureau is going to make them answer their e-mails and phones?..

There is no guarantee that it will help, but the BBB will publish the way that the response to the query is handled.

When I am dealing with new vendors, and especially smaller ones, I will consult the BBB directory for history before I decide to do business with them.

Failure to answer an e-mail without making any type of purchase is a waste of the BBB's time and resources. They will File 13 this "complaint"

Failure to answer an e-mail without making any type of purchase is a waste of the BBB's time and resources. They will File 13 this "complaint"

Maybe so, there is a failure to honor an advertised price component to it though. I don't have any expectation that BBB is going to make anyone do anything but if they are unresponsive to them as they are to me and others then at least that poor business practice is noted for other to consider when making purchase decisions. I'd hate to think what would happen if I had made a purchase an incorrect item was shipped etc...

Guest JustanotherPilot

I too have been dealing with PC Aviator since day one, I have ordered numerous products with them. Any problems I have had I have lodged an enquiry using their support ticketing system. Usually, an answer and remedy is forthcoming within 24 hours.

If any overseas buyers  have any issues with PC Aviator that have effected them financially,  they can lodge a complaint(online) with the NSW Department of Fair Trading - http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/, as this falls within their Charter . Be assured they are not a toothless tiger (unlike the US Better Business Bureau who I have dealt with) and will get the desired results.

I'd hate to think what would happen if I had made a purchase an incorrect item was shipped etc...

I don't know about you, but I use a credit card to make purchases. If there was some type of problem that did not get resolved, I would then ask the card issuer to reverse the transaction. What's the problem there?

I am curious as to your location (in general, not specific), as your 0700 may not be the same 0700 as the vendor.

I am curious as to your location (in general, not specific), as your 0700 may not be the same 0700 as the vendor.

I'm in NYC Suburbs so should be same time zone as South Carolina where they operate as I understand it..

Hi, I'm just reviving this thread because I'm totally disappointed by Pcaviator.com.

I've bought Fiber Accelerator about two weeks ago. Of course I've tested the 5x5 min demo before buying, but nevertheless I was disappointed after some flights.

I contacted FSPS support and they gave their "okay" for refunding and deactivated my serial. But the final decision is on PCaviator's side.

So I've contacted their support several times 9 and 6 days ago via support(at)pcaviator.com and orders(at)pcaviator.com, but I didn't got the smallest answer until now.

Two possibilities: a) Their support is totally overloaded or b ) They don't see the necessity to give at least a short answer on my refund request.

Now my serial is deactivated and cannot be re-activated because I cannot prove FSPS that they really haven't refunded me...

It's somewhat annoying and disappointing... -_-

Any ideas what I can do? (apart from waiting or calling them)

Anyway, they've already lost a customer who has bought a lot of software...

P.S. I'm also wondering if others have experienced similar problems with pcaviator.com in the last weeks/months?

Thanks, Sebi

Regards, Sebastian