Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Why No More Microsoft Joysticks!!!!?????

My Precision 2 USB stopped working recently, and I can't find one anywhere!!Apparently, Microsoft discontinued these products, but why? I wasn't overly fond of it, but having tried a Logitech and Saitek, I can say that I'm ###### not being able to get another MS! I was used to it, and the others are way to stiff!Another reason to hate Microsoft! Plus I can't afford the CH yoke and pedals right now!Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Cougar_DK

My guess is that they didn't sold as many as they would like to. And mayby the competition was to stiff.

Guest james_2k

yeah i just bought a force feedback 2 joystick and its the best one ive ever used but i had to buy it from ebay as the only shop that stocked it wanted

Guest wathomas777

Try the Thrustmaster TopGun Afterburner 2. This moderately priced Stick Throttle is very comfortable, and is a very nice mid range stick. It reminds me alot of the Precision 1 which I found to be the best stick during it's time.The full throttle is nice with ruddder switch on the peddles, or twist stick. Here is the link:http://us.thrustmaster.com/products/lookpr...&skin=JoysticksYou can get them for about $50 to $60 US and I love mine.

Guest DaveKDEN

I agree with Will. The Thustmaster AB II is a very affordable, nice, yet extrememly functional Joystick/Throttle combo. I had the orginal Sidewinder then the Prec. Pro II. While the MS sticks were decent, the Thrustmaster beats them at a very reasonable price (and it looks pretty cool to boot).Dave

Guest JonP01

Or a theory I have is that their products were so darned good that they got little repeat business. People were happy with what they got and didn't have to replace it. In my own case, both my Sidewinder FF wheel and Sidewinder Joystick have been in sterling service since 1999. Both feel like brand new and get collectively about 6 - 8 hours use per week. All I give them is an occasional 6 - 12 monthly clean and lubrication service.When I knew MS were puuling out of the gaming peripheral business, I bought spares of each.

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired