Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

my ctd fix!

i like many was having the CTD problem and a hard reboot when playing FSX, i have a GTX 285 card and i found out the fan speed was set to 40% and my temp got up to 80C, i downloaded riva tuner and upped my fan speed to 100% and did a 2 hr flight with no CTD or hard reboot and my max temp in my GPU got to 55c!try it it may work for you!!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

:( This problem would also cause reboots in other games.Overheating of the GPU does not cause ntdll.dll, MSVCR80.DLL, BEX or stackhash errors.Overheating of the GPU may reboot your PC to prevent damage, but this has nothing to do with FSX.

yes but it worked for me so far (fingers crossed) - i will post if i have any other preblems.

yes but it worked for me so far (fingers crossed) - i will post if i have any other preblems.
Ye if I OC my GPU so it gets 110c then of course reducing temps will fix CTDs....

hope you get yours fixed, it seems you are quite frustrated with your current situation.

i like many was having the CTD problem and a hard reboot when playing FSX, i have a GTX 285 card and i found out the fan speed was set to 40% and my temp got up to 80C, i downloaded riva tuner and upped my fan speed to 100% and did a 2 hr flight with no CTD or hard reboot and my max temp in my GPU got to 55c!try it it may work for you!!!
Thanks for the post, Clayton. It will help point people in a direction that's often ignored. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You know that I am not having CTDs, probably very lucky.However, I am not messing around with my computer trying to squeeze blood from a stone by overclocking, building my machine from ground up and keeping my FSX on a separate SATA HD and keeping my "tweaks" to a minimum, and careful.I would be interested in knowing if those with the most CTDs are also those with the most manipulations.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

hi bwallisi havent overclocked my pc not one bit, everything stock standard, and i was having those dreadful graphic anomalies followed by a freeze then the blue screen of death followed by an automatic reboot, thankfully i upped the fan speed and my temps stay around 55c before it was up to 80c.

You know that I am not having CTDs, probably very lucky.However, I am not messing around with my computer trying to squeeze blood from a stone by overclocking, building my machine from ground up and keeping my FSX on a separate SATA HD and keeping my "tweaks" to a minimum, and careful.I would be interested in knowing if those with the most CTDs are also those with the most manipulations.
I too am one of the lucky ones. Maybe the majority? I've never tweaked my machine or FSX itself much, except for trying out a few of ******* Bojote's recommendations recently. And so far so good. For me, FSX is as stable as FS9 and 2002. I do feel for those suffering CTDs on a regular basis. It must be a right pain. As posts like this must be! Sorry, I couldn't find a 'smug b*****d' smiley.. :( Ian

:( This problem would also cause reboots in other games.Overheating of the GPU does not cause ntdll.dll, MSVCR80.DLL, BEX or stackhash errors.Overheating of the GPU may reboot your PC to prevent damage, but this has nothing to do with FSX.
Could not agree with you any more because out of the blue,after a long flight from Europe entering Canadian airspace,all I did was using FS2Crew,engage my FA when all of a sudden FSX went belly-up with a StackHash error.And my GPU has more cooling than a fridge! I've seen your post on the frustrations caused by FSX and I can see where you are coming from.

I must be one of the lucky ones: I've been running every tweak under the sun and have no CTD's or freeze-ups since moving to a 2600K and Win7-64. The only time I ever had bsods was when oc'ing the i7-950, and before that with the C2Duo. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.