Sign in to follow this  
aus_pilot

Flight Unlimited 2 Questions

Hey all,just wondering if anyone knows of patches for flight unlimited 2? I've search around quite a bit and have not found a link that isn't broken or damaged....Also - with the radio in game, I cannot highlight - delete - retype the necessary frequency, it just resorts back to whichever was the previous...any ideas?Cheers

Are you the person (David) who sent me an email regarding this? If so, then sorry for the reply here. I deleted your message, thinking that a copy of it would be here at AVSIM! I do not know if FU2 works with the latest operating systems, but I am sure that someone around here will know if it does (and if there are any patches required).I note that you mentioned that you were "upgrading" to Flight Unlimited 3. Are you aware that the FU2 San Francisco scenery can be used with FU3?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you the person (David) who sent me an email regarding this? If so, then sorry for the reply here. I deleted your message, thinking that a copy of it would be here at AVSIM! I do not know if FU2 works with the latest operating systems, but I am sure that someone around here will know if it does (and if there are any patches required).I note that you mentioned that you were "upgrading" to Flight Unlimited 3. Are you aware that the FU2 San Francisco scenery can be used with FU3?
Hi Chris,yeah that David was me...Thanks for the reply!I've just ordered FU3 and it should be arriving today (thanks ebay)...and yeah i'm aware about the sanfran input for FU3. Over the past 2 days I've cycled through this entire Flight Unlimited forum (all 118 pages of posts) and have been updated on the past decade of FU developments! It was quite a journey seeing the progression....Cheers to you and all of the team here that has put in so much effort.When i get my hands on FU3 i'll cycle through the relative posts again and follow the instructions/troubleshooting should I need it...there seems to be plenty of explainations there, so i needn't annoy and re-ask.Fyi i did get FU2 working on Win 7 and it is working fine (had to install via cmd though to get it to work). Its working great aside from that 'skidding/slidding' while taxiing issue...that is a hectic nightmare, that I know you're frustrated with!Out of interest, what would be the best modern day flight sim in your opinion?Thanks again!David.

http://flightunlimit...Flt2%20Patches/flt01-04.exeFlight Unlimited II v1.01 to v1.04 patch. Use this patch to update the original CD version to v1.04.flt02-04.exeFlight Unlimited II v1.02 to v1.04 patch. Use this upgrade only if you have previously patched your copy to v1.02.flt03-04.exeFlight Unlimited II v1.03 to v1.04 patch. Use this to upgrade only if you have already patched your copy to v1.03. Some people report problems with this patch; if it doesn't work for you re-install the original version from your CD and use the v1.01 to v1.04 patch instead.fu2patfx.zipFlight Unlimited 2 Patch Fix. This file should solve the patch problem many users had installing the patches to FU2. Simply replace your readme file in the fu2 directory with the readme.wri one and try again. It should now completely patch the game. From Looking Glass.

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Thanks very much Juvat!
Jim! Still here.Thanks from me too. I didn't know there were patches available for FU2.I tried FU2 for the first time a few months ago, intending to see if it would work with FU3 scenery. I gave up after a brief flirtation & cleaned the disc space as I couldn't even get any 2d panels to show up. I assume there ought to be 2d panels but I've never seen any screenies so didn't know what to expect.If the patch addresses odd faults like that, I may give it another go...... though it's months now since I ran even FU3...Regards,D

Jim! Still here.Thanks from me too. I didn't know there were patches available for FU2.I tried FU2 for the first time a few months ago, intending to see if it would work with FU3 scenery. I gave up after a brief flirtation & cleaned the disc space as I couldn't even get any 2d panels to show up. I assume there ought to be 2d panels but I've never seen any screenies so didn't know what to expect.If the patch addresses odd faults like that, I may give it another go...... though it's months now since I ran even FU3...Regards,D
I think running Flt2 at 800x600 and you should be able to see the panels.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B