Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerosoft LSZH Zurich

Hi,Did anyone install the newly released Aerosoft Zurich scenery for FS2004 yet?I wonder how it stands out against the version of FS DreamTeam which I currently have installed.It must be much better before I consider to buy/install it.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Comparing 2007 with 2011 Jepp charts here.I know FSDT said they are going to update their version as the new terminal is open (dock B according to the Jepp charts). The south end of the airport looks much less congested with parking areas with the new terminal.I'm sure the AS version will include AES lite and will be most up to date (including the runway headings for 14/32 increased one degree as well).

I was a bit premature.....Only the FSX version has been released today, FS2004 will follow (soon as they say)And about my question.... never mind (of course I couldn't resist and bought it :()So I will answer my own question here as soon as the FS2004 has been released.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I was a bit premature.....Only the FSX version has been released today, FS2004 will follow (soon as they say)And about my question.... never mind (of course I couldn't resist and bought it :()So I will answer my own question here as soon as the FS2004 has been released.
I look forward to hearing about it...DJ

I'm sure the AS version will include AES lite and will be most up to date
Indeed, AES lite is included. The scenery is not only up to date but it is also a bit 'futuristic', as it presents LSZH's state... as it will be in 2012!I do not know whether FSDT update their scenery later, but I hope they will as it is excellent and I love it.The Aerosoft version also includes current charts, as mentioned, and was made for professional purposes (for full feature sims).Let's say the FS9/FSX versions are just by-products, but of high quality and value of course.The exact developer is Peter Werlitz, known for some other internal Aerosoft products like e.g LFPO, LFMN, LPMA (FSX) or LTAI.And yes, the FS9 version is to be released a bit later.I'll let you know here so that you won't miss it.

Hi,Did anyone install the newly released Aerosoft Zurich scenery for FS2004 yet?I wonder how it stands out against the version of FS DreamTeam which I currently have installed.It must be much better before I consider to buy/install it.Egbert
I just finished a flight from FSDT Zurich and then logged on here and saw this thread. I'm sure the Aerosoft version is more up to date but I can't imagine that the quality would be that much better that I would justify spending the money. (Don't get me wrong, I love Aerosoft sceneries and own many of them!) Perhaps the main improvement other than it being more up to date is the smoothness with which the ground traffic works with AES Lite. The ground traffic in the FSDT version is very jerky - how AES Lite is able to simulate so much traffic moving around with no perceptible FPS hit and almost totally smooth, fluid movement is beyond me! (And most other scenery designers BTW!) Certainly anyone who doesn't have the FSDT version will want to buy the Aerosoft version instead...Just my two cents worth. CheersIan

how AES Lite is able to simulate so much traffic moving around with no perceptible FPS hit and almost totally smooth, fluid movement is beyond me! (And most other scenery designers BTW!)
Oliver Pabst is just the master of it. Some of you may remember his old scenery of Palma de Mallorca.He included animated jetways and traffic there and for those times (ten years ago) it was a great WOW!

All in all competition always turns out to be the best thing in business, at least from the customer's point of view.We can already see a strong reaction from FSDT, which means very good news for all their old and new customers.I guess some of you got an e-mail announcement from FSDT and some saw it on their forum.For those who don't know yet, the basics briefly:- there will be a large 3-stage upgrade with the first two being free and also for FS9- for those who don't have it yet the price is just 9.9 euro- every current owner of their LSZH scenery will get a 10 USD discount on any product (even not released, read: KLAX! <-- I hope it gets relesed for FS9 too).Full info: http://www.fsdreamte...hp?topic=4380.0More competition in addon airports, aircraft and utilities, please! :Party:Quality going up, prices going down, me likes it...

All in all competition always turns out to be the best thing in business, at least from the customer's point of view.We can already see a strong reaction from FSDT, which means very good news for all their old and new customers.I guess some of you got an e-mail announcement from FSDT and some saw it on their forum.For those who don't know yet, the basics briefly:- there will be a large 3-stage upgrade with the first two being free and also for FS9- for those who don't have it yet the price is just 9.9 euro- every current owner of their LSZH scenery will get a 10 USD discount on any product (even not released, read: KLAX! <-- I hope it gets relesed for FS9 too).Full info: http://www.fsdreamte...hp?topic=4380.0More competition in addon airports, aircraft and utilities, please! :Party:Quality going up, prices going down, me likes it...
Thanks for that Rafal. I think in this case that FSDT get my money for their Zurich then :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

What FSDT are offering is certainly a great deal! And yes, "healthy" competition does lower costs. I just hope that developers don't get into a "war" pattern of direct competition where they are launching rival products of the same thing. All they will end up doing is driving "the loser" out of the business and the one who can hang on the longest while losing money or having only marginal profits will "win." Then we end up with less competition! My view is that there are so many uncovered subjects out there, sceneries and aircraft, that there's really no reason for things like two top-notch Zurich sceneries. Live and let live would be a better policy IMHO In the short term we win - but in the long term???? :(

......So I will answer my own question here as soon as the FS2004 has been released.
It has been released, and as promised here is the answer <_<Left Image: FS DreamteamRight Image: AerosoftLSZH01.jpgLSZH02.jpgLSZH03.jpgLSZH04.jpgLSZH05.jpg

A great comparison, Egbert, thanks a lot!You have served some quality food for thought.How about performance? Any noticeable difference?

Comparing those screenshots I am liking the FSDT version better.

I agree that the FSDT version looks much better. I shall look forward to the FSDT updates and will not be purchasing the Aerosoft version.

Graeme Butler

Yeah.. I thought it was only me who think FSDT version is better. IMO the terminals is more detail than the Aerosoft.And especially, I like the FSDT's ground textures. Besides, Aerosoft's airports seem to have bright ground textures comparing to other developers (flytampa,FSDT,Thai Creation,UK Xtreme) which I think not so real.Any way,just my $0.02 :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5