Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

Lost ATC voice and text!

After installing Multi Crew Experience and chosing the option for my copilot to handle the radios, I've lost the default ATC incoming text and audio. I still can chose my answers or read backs but no feedback from the controller follows my decision. I can hear the ATC talking to the AI planes tough.After going crazy playing around with MCE I uninstalled it but the problem remains.Is there a way to recover from this without reinstalling FSX?

I'd drop an email to the MCE folks. They are very responsive.

After installing Multi Crew Experience and chosing the option for my copilot to handle the radios, I've lost the default ATC incoming text and audio. I still can chose my answers or read backs but no feedback from the controller follows my decision. I can hear the ATC talking to the AI planes tough.After going crazy playing around with MCE I uninstalled it but the problem remains.Is there a way to recover from this without reinstalling FSX?
Check your Sound settings in FSX as well as the ATC settings in the General settings. Make sure you have a pilot voice assigned. Some addons will turn these off.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

tf52d is correct. After installing MCE you can go back into FSX ATC and voice settings and turn back on the options you want. I leave the pilot voice disabled (naturally) but ATC voice and text enabled.

Regards,

PD

Check your Sound settings in FSX as well as the ATC settings in the General settings. Make sure you have a pilot voice assigned. Some addons will turn these off.
Thanks a lot. That did the trick.Anyways, I got tired of MCE using default windows voice and bought some of the FS2Crew voice editions. I am impressed so far.