Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

Saved a new default flight - Aircraft starts then stops

Hi All,I saved a default flight with another aircraft now all my aircraft start cold, when I start the engines they tick over then stop aroun 12-15 secs later, any ideas??Can I delete the default flight and will FSX rebuild the default for the ultralight at friday harbour??Many thanks in advance

Just create a new flight with a Cessna or something simple (located at any airport you like), crank the engine up, put the mixture on full rich, turn on the avionics (fill the fuel tanks if you like too) and save the flight, and tick 'make this the default flight'. All your new flights will then use that set up as the basis for how they begin.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi All,I saved a default flight with another aircraft now all my aircraft start cold, when I start the engines they tick over then stop aroun 12-15 secs later, any ideas??Can I delete the default flight and will FSX rebuild the default for the ultralight at friday harbour??Many thanks in advance
One easy way to restore the original default flight is to edit your FSX.cfg file.Using Nortepad, look for the line under the [uSERINTERFACE] label which says situation=It will be followed by the path to whatever FLT file you are using as the new default flight.Simply remove everything after the situation= (being sure not to get anything on the line below it).Save your edit. FSX will now use the original default flight when you restart it.

One easy way to restore the original default flight is to edit your FSX.cfg file.Using Nortepad, look for the line under the [uSERINTERFACE] label which says situation=It will be followed by the path to whatever FLT file you are using as the new default flight.Simply remove everything after the situation= (being sure not to get anything on the line below it).Save your edit. FSX will now use the original default flight when you restart it.
Many thanks David, this worked a treat....cheers again!