Sign in to follow this  
Guest jahman

Massive Windows Upgrades released today!

Guest jahman

Just thought I'd share...

1. .NET v. 2.0
  2. .NET v. 3.5
  3. .NET v. 4.0
  4. MSVC++ 2005 Runtime SP1
  5. MSVC++ 2008 Runtime SP1
  6. Explorer 8,
  7. Explorer 9.

Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks for the heads up.Updating now.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Hmmm, do I want a more secure PC, or do I want to risk my carefully stabilized FSX?... :(

Hmmm, do I want a more secure PC, or do I want to risk my carefully stabilized FSX?... :(
I'm having a nightmare that W8 will be so secure that it will greet me pleasantly when it starts up but will not let me ever log in or run any apps even as administrator because of the risk...to itself. I think the last 'invasion' I had was over a decade ago. Of course, I am addicted to FSX... does that count as some sort of risk?Loyd

Guest jahman
I'm having a nightmare that W8 will be so secure that it will greet me pleasantly when it starts up but will not let me ever log in or run any apps even as administrator because of the risk...to itself.
MS Flight under W8 will be so secure you will have to be certificated in type by the real FAA prior to her letting you to start the engines (cockpit tours OK, though). And mind what you mutter to your co-pilot about her, or she'll just turn both of your Oxy's off at altitude!Cheers,- jahman.

MS Flight under W8 will be so secure you will have to be certificated in type by the real FAA prior to her letting you to start the engines (cockpit tours OK, though). And mind what you mutter to your co-pilot about her, or she'll just turn both of your Oxy's off at altitude!Cheers,- jahman.
You're wrong. You won't even be allowed access to the cockpit. But you can have a window seat and look at the wing flex and spoilers deploy. So be grateful.. :( Ian

Guest firehawk44
  1. .NET v. 2.0
  2. .NET v. 3.5
  3. .NET v. 4.0
  6. Explorer 8,
  7. Explorer 9.

Cheers,- jahman.

Yes, I know this should have been posted over in the Windows 7 forum but wanted to mention the fact that I upgraded early this morning (17 updates) and suddenly I began having major problems with my system. I was able to get on the Internet but only one Tab showed up and I have several Tabs that open up when I go on the Internet. The one Tab did not open up and I had to hit the Home Icon in the Explorer menu bar to bring up all the other Tabs. I looked at my Internet options and all Tabs should have opened up. I suspect it was the Internet Explorer 9 update that caused the problem but could not get it fixed so restored my system to the time prior to the Windows Update. It works great now! I do not use an anti-virus program and have UAC disabled so I discount that is the problem. I did run the install program for the updates in Windows and I probably should have restarted my system and let the system update my computer as it was shutting down (basically in safe mode). I will try again later or on a rainy day. Just wanted to say some may encounter problems like I had. Fortunately Windows sets up a restore point prior to installing any updates.Best regards,Jim

18 updates. No problems. No opinion on Windows ate, yetBob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

It seems that Windows wants to update my computer every single day with some important update! Surely they don't release updates daily!!

Guest firehawk44

Just an update on my issue with my Internet Explorer after updating. I was trying to open the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer as the Internet Explorer icon in my task bar was linked to the 32 bit version. I tried the 64 bit version and it works perfectly. Best regards,Jim

1. .NET v. 2.0
  2. .NET v. 3.5
  3. .NET v. 4.0
  6. Explorer 8,
  7. Explorer 9.

Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks for sharing, but I use Windows Updated and I would recommend all other fellow community members to use the Windows Update utiliity to autmatically get information about available system updates. You may setup the options for Windows Update to only give you information about new updates and manually allow the updates to be installed. Just let me know and I'll post instructions on how to setup Windows Update options.:(

On my biz machine I do auto update but allow for me to choose what I want to install. This is the best because sometimes it may wish to update your video driver, and that could be an issue. On my FSX machine I just check once a week but I really dont use it for getting online anyway.Bob

Thanks for sharing, but I use Windows Updated and I would recommend all other fellow community members to use the Windows Update utiliity to autmatically get information about available system updates. You may setup the options for Windows Update to only give you information about new updates and manually allow the updates to be installed. Just let me know and I'll post instructions on how to setup Windows Update options.:(

Guest jahman
Yes, of course, and that's exactly what I do, but it is also my experience many PC users often ignore Windows Update notificactions, which is why I am informing everyone that this month's updates cover software components important to simming.Cheers,- jahman.