Sign in to follow this  
phreddy

P8 Poseidon

Sorry. its not as "Double secret agent" stuff as you make it out to be. The Mission systems gear comes out of my group at GEAS. Boeing installs the gear, not some super secret third party.(Former Aviation Structural Mechanic (AW) A6's / EA-6B's NAS Whidbey AIMD) :)
Being prior Navy then you should be well versed in the procedures, and repricutions on releasing/reproducting/simulating classified material. Make fun if you will, but I take operational security pretty seriously. Taking people for a tour around the aircraft, or putting them in a simulator is a completely different deal from disclosing systems operations/capabilities which would be required to make it a true simulation. I have seen people go to jail over this stuff. It is certaintly no fun.

Taking people for a tour around the aircraft, or putting them in a simulator is a completely different deal from disclosing systems operations/capabilities which would be required to make it a true simulation.
Just how would you propose they could make this a "True Simulation"? They aren't going to simulate the systems in the back, FSX isn't capable, and even if it was you would have to wait for the PMDG Akula Class simulator to have something to hunt out there in the water. So what's left? Range? Can pretty much figure that out from the size of the aux tanks and known fuel burn. Performance of the wing? Well you have another mixed fuselage / wing bird like the 3 C40 variants (worked on that design as well...at least the A model) not that hard to get it close.In the end its another commercial derivative aircraft. There's nothing fancy up front that you can model that would be of any value in FSX to anyone. You're not going to hunt subs or whales or even russian trawlers with it. Deploy sonobouys? Not likely Deploy the MAD boom? I guess they could model a trailing wire if it made people feel better. You're just going to burn holes in the sky flying around in a Haze Grey 737. In the end, you would have a basic repaint of a 737....Get over your secret squirrel stuff already......Nobody is asking for multiplayer, Guy in the back, simulation of the systems models.Have fun changing elastomeric bearings.......

Is it my imagination, or are tempers fraying here and elsewhere at my beloved AVSIM? Phase of the moon? Advent of 2012? Lack of certain payware aircraft? What?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest Cag40Navy

I would like to see a C-40 but again, i dont quite know what the differences are avionics and if any difference in the wings. But a C-40 would be neat.

and even if it was you would have to wait for the PMDG Akula Class simulator to have something to hunt out there in the water.
Well, now that you mention it, there was this thing I was working on in FSDS, oh look, it's an Akula....Submarine.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, now that you mention it, there was this thing I was working on in FSDS, oh look, it's an Akula....Submarine.jpgAl
ROFL!!!! Awesome....Is it in beta Yet? What Livery is it coming with? How much is it? :) :) Why aren't you doing an FS9 version :(

ROFL!!!! Awesome....Is it in beta Yet?
Unfortunately, I have had a 51 percent share of me bought by the Vepr shipyard, and they require 120 days to approve...oh no, wait a minute, that joke has already been tried somewhere, hasn't it?Fascinating sub fact for all you trivia fans: Although that gets called the Akula in the west, the much larger 'typhoon' class is what the Russians actually call an Akula (Shark). What NATO calls the Akula, is in fact the Project 971, sometimes called the Vepr Class in Russia because of one of them being named that, other times being called the Gepard Class, because a later variant was named that. If you add CS Weapon and the radar from something like the Wilco Harrier to your 737, it is actually be possible to hunt a sub in FSX and engage it as well, so long as it is a mission object (although actually having tried it with my iFly NG painted up as a P-8, I can tell you that it is bloody hard to hit ships with that CS Weapon's missiles, because locking stuff up is pretty hard).So it actually isn't completely beyond the realms of possibility to make a 'working' P-8 in FSX, although of course all the launch parameters and such would largely be a complete blag, and nothing like the real thing.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

it would be coolfranzloew02.jpg
Holy Cow, Batman. This place is getting weird. Ruskie Nukes, Turkish Gray Matters, Armed Aussies, paranoid duds. Maybe PMDG needs to revisit their release schedule. I hear a new version of Zurich is on its way, maybe that will keep us occupied for a day or so.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

It has been done before,http://www.subguru.com/DW_missions/P3_Operational_Manual.pdf

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Well, now that you mention it, there was this thing I was working on in FSDS, oh look, it's an Akula....Al
Oh Dear,What have I started? It was such a simple question.I dont think that this would be difficult to do... cant see why boeing would complain about this when they havent complained about another FSX simulation of the FA/18F has been done in loving detail (surely it would have more classified systems than a modified 737?) by Vertical Reality Simulations (They should team up with PMDG and form one company, as the dedication, detail and expertise in both companies would produce some gear that would really Rock the joint!. :( Was all just food for thought, whilst awaiting the release of the NGX. I'll just use my imagination for now!Cheers,David

David Stewart, Dianella, Western Australia.

New PC coming one day! | In the meantime I fly with; AMD X64 1.2Ghz Dual Core | 6Gb Ram | 6600GT | Old case | FSX | REX | Superbug FA-18F | Capt Sim 767 | ORBX Aust Scenery |

Jandakot | PC12 & numerous others.

Oh Dear,What have I started? It was such a simple question.I dont think that this would be difficult to do... cant see why boeing would complain about this when they havent complained about another FSX simulation of the FA/18F has been done in loving detail (surely it would have more classified systems than a modified 737?) by Vertical Reality Simulations (They should team up with PMDG and form one company, as the dedication, detail and expertise in both companies would produce some gear that would really Rock the joint!. :( Was all just food for thought, whilst awaiting the release of the NGX. I'll just use my imagination for now!Cheers,David
Other than the above, I sure would like to see a PMDG version of the P-8A Poseiden. Maybe VRS will do a joint-venture with PMDG - they were crazy enough to add shooting down airliners near Portland in their F-18/A tutorial. I haven't read anything about them getting a visit from Homeland Security or Seal Team Six for that little stunt.I think we should also bring FTX/Orbx into the picture and have a few 3rd country national nukes lurking about in the Pacific Northwest around Bangor then we can blast them outta the water with the Weapons addon. Just think of all the Missions that Sir Chock could come up with. Ray
What a novel idea. Must have merit.Big%20Grin.gif Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .